cowboy June 6th, 2018 2:41pm

Medicare is expected to run out of money in 2026 and Social Security runs out of money in 2034. What would you rather see happen to these failed Socialist programs?

lcamino Florida and Georgia
06/07/18 11:44 am

Social security is gradually raising the age of retirement.

chickencookie Jihad Joe
06/06/18 2:43 pm

Stop supporting ILLEGALS.

lj74
06/06/18 1:57 pm

Both of these programs need to be fixed and retooled so they can be viable for many more years.
These programs have a lot of waste associated with them that can be removed without hurting the basic premise of their original intent.

pcisbs1 Baltimore to Central PA
06/06/18 10:27 am

What I would like to see is, members of Congress not flying first class and not living high of the hog at the taxpayers expenses. Cut all the waste fraud and abuse out and and SS will be OK

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
06/06/18 12:41 pm

☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️

timeout Boston Strong
06/06/18 8:58 am

Where is Trump going to get the money to make up for his One and a half trillion dollar tax cut for the rich? Or the estimated 70 billion for his wall?

06/06/18 9:05 am

You mean where is Congress going to get it. The President can’t spend what Congress doesn’t approve.

timeout Boston Strong
06/06/18 9:21 am

True but it’s his signature bill. They want a trillion $ cut in Medicaid and 800 billion cut in Medicare.

06/06/18 9:24 am

I don’t care about that. I want the Government to stop stealing my money. I can take care of myself.

06/06/18 9:29 am

Why would I care?

timeout Boston Strong
06/06/18 9:32 am

Somebody has to care. May effect you someday, never know.

06/06/18 9:41 am

They’re called family and there is no way the Government cares about me or them more than them or I. It’s not even close so stop stealing from me so I can provide for my family. I don’t need a big brother.

timeout Boston Strong
06/06/18 9:45 am

Your a tough sell...brother :)

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
06/06/18 8:58 am

Maybe besides making Congress paying us back for their greed (including "broke" ass Clinton) and cut this overbloated military, cut the government waste, make more companies pay taxes (like GE, churches, the NFL etc) cut Congress wages and give them minimum wage and make them pay for their flights, gas, health care. Things might improve quickly

SHOWofFIST Flint, MI
06/06/18 8:44 am

Ending corporate welfare, raising taxes on the riches 1%, and paying back the money "borrowed" will more than fund these crucial and critical programs most Americans rely or will rely on forever. Hopefully we can expand Medicare for all in the next few years so we can join the rest of the world in having top notch universal healthcare.

commonman1 Peace
06/06/18 8:48 am

When will you stop taxing the 1% and start taxing yourself?

06/06/18 8:55 am

Communists aren’t interested in taxing themselves. Just everyone else.

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
06/06/18 8:59 am

We're taxed enough already. Or did your Tea Party decide to abandon its cause like Occupy Wall Street and other causes you so mock?

commonman1 Peace
06/06/18 9:58 am

We’re taxed enough? Says half the population that pays zero and gets a tax return.

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
06/06/18 12:39 pm

I guess it's dead... oh, wait. Obama is out of office. Oh, dopey me.

06/06/18 8:28 am

Like most social programs, they started out with good intentions by most proponents. If we can uncorrupt them, we can make it work as intended. Even the most menial workers in our country are part of the workforce and should have access to some type of benefits, just like all other workers.

06/06/18 8:39 am

The road to hell I’d paved with good intentions.

Socialism is a failed system when you run out of other people’s money.

06/06/18 8:45 am

That proverb is meant to teach that a person should put their good intentions into action, not that people shouldn’t have good intentions. I spoke exactly to that by suggesting that we should get rid of the bad intentions so that we can put the good intentions into action.

06/06/18 8:46 am

Insurance is a failed system when you run out of other people’s money.

06/06/18 8:50 am

I would argue that Socialists/Communists/Marxists do not have good intentions given their violent past and enslaving and starving their own people.

06/06/18 8:52 am

Insurance is a private institution that people pay for with their own money, so that makes no logical sense.

commonman1 Peace
06/06/18 8:54 am

Can you imagine what the US would look like if all our old people are on street corners begging for money and dying. I can see it now. Someone rolls down their window and yells “get a job bum”. Who cares if they took care of their old when they were young. Screw them I’m not.

06/06/18 9:07 am

Can you imagine how better off Americans would be if the Government stopped stealing money from them to fund failed Socialist programs and could take care of themselves?

06/06/18 9:07 am

Cowboy, are you saying that all payments paid out by insurance providers to the policyholder equals the amount paid in by the policyholder?

06/06/18 9:09 am

No. It’s a private contract between an individual and the insurance company. Everyone knows the rules.

06/06/18 9:20 am

I agree that we should be able to choose which insurance that we consume, but I think your beef is with the provider/corruption and not the original intent of social security.

06/06/18 9:30 am

I’m not saying social security and market insurance are exactly the same, especially now. But I’m trying to get you to acknowledge the purpose and mechanism of them. If an insurance provider has two policyholders that pay in the same amount, and one gets sick and the other stays healthy, then that insurance will fail the sick policyholder if the healthy one stops paying. Obviously right? That’s what I was saying with my statement on INSURANCE AS AN IDEA. Obviously market insurance and social security are different, especially now.

06/06/18 9:31 am

Sorry for the redundancy. Didn’t proofread.

06/06/18 9:31 am

Same but different. That clears it up. 🙄

06/06/18 9:53 am

Sorry if it’s too complicated

06/06/18 9:55 am

That always seems to happen when Government gets involved which is another reason to stop these failed Socialists programs.

06/06/18 10:05 am

I agree to a point. I personally believe there should still be minimal oversight. It’s just that that oversight has been corrupted. That doesn’t mean that working toward getting an uncorrupted oversight is futile. What do you want, cowboy? No federal government at all?

06/06/18 10:15 am

I want to be left alone and the Government to stop stealing my money for these failed Socialist programs. I can take care of myself.

06/06/18 10:58 am

What if the program was succeeding and you saw some real benefits that would subsidize your already-capable business endeavor or even help you make ends meet if some unforeseen hardship occurs? Would you want to be left alone still? (I know this is a big hypothetical given the ineptitude of the government now, but humor it if you will)

06/06/18 11:00 am

Yes because as mentioned already, Government always complicates and perverts the original intent.

06/06/18 11:05 am

Yes but I’m asking about if government was working correctly and not corrupted.

06/06/18 11:09 am

If it strictly followed the Constitution, sure.

06/06/18 11:29 am

I want to point out that the system is working for corporations. They get subsidies and bailouts. And I believe that’s why government is stealing our money. They don’t care about public interests because we aren’t being represented and they do care about certain private interests because they are being represented, heavily. Supposedly, we send them to Washington with our votes but, in reality, corporations pay their way there. We shouldn’t have to have a representative to lobby our “representatives”.

06/06/18 11:51 am

I noticed you forgot to include Unions, The genocidal maniacs at Planned Parenthood, the Global Warming nut jobs, tax incentives for Amazon when Jeff Bezos made $500 billion dollars last year but paid no taxes, ect... ect...

Term limits would help with that, I believe. We have term limits for the President because we don’t want a dictator but we can have lawmakers serving lifetime terms if they choose too? That is insanity.

06/06/18 11:59 am

Well I don’t feel I should have to point out all corruption to be able to make my point. I do agree there are other examples though, even if I don’t completely agree with all or parts of the ones you provided. And I completely agree with term limits. Along with overturning Citizens United.

smart1
06/06/18 8:18 am

How about Congress pay back the 2 - 3 trillion they “borrowed” from the trust fund to fund wars and pork projects.

chairsbed
06/06/18 8:21 am

Exactly, And they will “borrow” again

06/06/18 8:37 am

I agree. Get back the money they’ve spent on the genocidal maniacs at Planned Parenthood and the hoax that is Global Warming too. We would be doing great.

chairsbed
06/06/18 8:54 am

It’s clear you don’t understand the value of preventative actions

06/06/18 8:59 am

Sure I do. I just don’t think I should be forced to pay for someone to murder a baby in a free country.

Just as I don’t think I should be forced to fund pointless wars in the Middle East.

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
06/06/18 9:06 am

Over $90 BILLION dollars has been spent on Afghanistan and Nobody has done a fucking thing to leave. NOTHING. It's been SIXTEEN YEARS!

WHAT

THE

FUCK

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
06/06/18 9:09 am

You know they could pay for with that money? Exactly! 'Murica is the only country that treats its elderly and poor like shit. And Trumplicans are proud of that

06/06/18 9:13 am

And how much have we wasted on murdering babies for 35 years?

Wasting money is everywhere, is the point and punishing workers is not the answer.

chairsbed
06/06/18 9:18 am

How much money have we saved in the preventative medical care PP provides?

06/06/18 9:29 am

I have no desire to murder a baby so I have saved all of my money, if you want to put it that way.

tractorman Oklahoma
06/06/18 7:53 am

These programs can be modified and kept viable for the most needy of our citizens if the right wing Nazis would bend a little to the super rich and gigantic corporations but it seems they want them to fail. Wonder why?

06/06/18 8:06 am

TractorBoy ... yuck yuck! The programs should never have been created. They were built on leftist lies, and they’ve been propagated on more leftist lies for generations now as leftists have expanded the programs to buy more votes to try to stay in power.

tractorman Oklahoma
06/06/18 8:14 am

Thoughtless, do you ever understand history, the great depression in the 20’s, old people selling pencils and apples on the street to stay alive? You and your circle jerk friend Cowboy, should have paid more attention to the purposes of these programs when created and let your compassion, if you have any, see what these programs have done for the neediest amongst us.😇

06/06/18 9:17 am

TractorBoy ... I get that your hysterical, but it is you that needs to study a wee bit of history. The program is nowhere near the same as it was when it started because leftists use it as their piggy bank to buy more votes. I’d be willing to hold my nose and take the original socialist program, would you?

tractorman Oklahoma
06/06/18 11:35 am

Thoughtless, I get that your panties are in a wad, but the program is sound and both parties have been tapping it to make easy money so they can keep taxes low for the wealthy. With some minor modifications like a needs test and raising the top income rate, the program would be able to do what it was designed to do, keep average people out of destitution in their later years...

06/07/18 11:49 am

TractorBoy ... thanks for showing your dishonesty! The program wasn’t about needs testing. I paid in at max levels all my life, why should lazy Democrats get all of the money I paid into the Ponzu Scheme?

06/07/18 6:38 pm

TractorBoy ... yes, Social Security is — thanks to Democrats — a disgusting Ponzi Scheme.

tractorman Oklahoma
06/07/18 8:48 pm

🤣🤣😂😂🤣🤣...good “spellin” this time!

06/07/18 8:54 pm

TractorBoy ... who could expect you to have the attention. Span of anything but a gnat? Focus on spelling so as to avoid the horrible tragedy that Democrats have left us with! Your mother must be so proud!

tractorman Oklahoma
06/08/18 7:40 am

Playin’ the dozens, eh thoughtless? How mature of an educated man, a poser, a bully, and a troll. Yo momma back atcha....

06/08/18 7:58 am

TractorBoy ... are you capable of comprehending the nonsense that socialist programs are ruining our Republic, or are you only focused on the petty tit for tat?

mudkip17 United States of Texas
06/06/18 7:49 am

Ya this was expected from Trump's tax cuts. Even Republicans like Rubio said it was gonna kill Medicare

06/06/18 7:57 am

“President Donald Trump has avoided major changes to Medicare or Social Security after promising not to cut them during the campaign.”

You’re claim is false.

06/06/18 8:04 am

Mud ... you’re a hoot! You prove once again that the facts don’t matter to you!

chairsbed
06/06/18 8:09 am

After the tax cuts many republicans were talking about reforming these programs..

There is still time for them to take our money. I have no doubt they will screw the middle and lower classes to indirectly subsidize corporations

06/06/18 8:12 am

@chairsbed

So are you personally willing to send the IRS more of your money to save these programs?

mudkip17 United States of Texas
06/06/18 8:12 am

From the article YOU posted...

"The more pessimistic outlook is largely due to reduced revenues from payroll and Social Security taxes"

06/06/18 8:16 am

Your claim was false, @mudkip17 It’s sad that the left-wing Politico proves you push fake news.

Same question to you. Are you personally willing to send the IRS more of your money to save these programs?

mudkip17 United States of Texas
06/06/18 8:17 am

I never claimed they had made cuts, just that it would kill it. Glad I could be a hoot over your misunderstanding

chairsbed
06/06/18 8:19 am

@cowboy gladly

06/06/18 8:19 am

I’ll take that as no. You will not be sending the IRS more of your money to save Medicare and Social Security. Thanks! 😊

06/06/18 8:20 am

Thanks @chairsbed. Better start writing those checks. They’re going to need it.

mudkip17 United States of Texas
06/06/18 8:23 am

As a teacher I'll never benifit from social security but I'd gladly go back to my old tax and pay my few hundred if it means people like Trump have to pay their millions

06/06/18 8:28 am

President Trump has already paid more taxes than you or I have made in our lifetimes. He’s not the problem.

Jeff Bezos made $500 billion last year and paid no taxes. Focus your hate on that greedy cunt.

mudkip17 United States of Texas
06/06/18 8:30 am

Oh what aboutism now? I said people LIKE Trump, you lil bitch (glad we're already to the name calling) bezo also just extended it LIKE TRUMP DOES.

06/06/18 8:33 am

One has paid his share, the other hasn’t.

You really are gay for President Trump. Sad.

chairsbed
06/06/18 8:47 am

Paid his fair share? What evidence do you have to assert that?

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
06/06/18 9:12 am

Bezos don't need it. He got money coming out of his a$$.

06/06/18 9:14 am

Lady ... Mr Bezos may want to seek medical advice, I’d that’s the case, as it sounds painful!

06/06/18 9:26 am

Mud ... it’s so predictable that you’ll run to “whataboutism”, which is simply hollow leftist virtue signaling when your argument runs out of gas.

By the way, not that it makes one shot of difference because “whataboutism” is an impotent leftist argument with no meaning, but you’re the hypocrite who first introduced “whataboutism” to this discussion by suggesting that you’d pay more if you could force MrT to pay more.

Oops!

06/06/18 9:28 am

Mud ... and it’s clearly disingenuous of you to suggest that you want to force MrT to pay more in taxes while giving Mr Bezos a leftist pass. Why would you be so hypothetical?

06/06/18 9:41 am

Chair ... let me introduce our country. Unlike totalitarian communist regimes, we believe that an individual is innocent until proven guilty. You’re the one with the wild and irresponsible accusations about MrT. Please present your evidence or get off your ridiculous lies!

mudkip17 United States of Texas
06/06/18 10:10 am

Think you clearly can not process the English that I use so I'll reiterate. "People like Trump" as in other billionaires as in bezoz, that in no way is a "leftists pass" on bezoz... Want to mention any other billionaires that I think should face stricter tax codes?

mudkip17 United States of Texas
06/06/18 10:11 am

Youre the one giving passes by ignoring the subject and going " but but but bezoz"

mudkip17 United States of Texas
06/06/18 10:11 am

Your 2nd point isn't whataboutism but like you've already claimed, your points don't really matter

chairsbed
06/06/18 10:14 am

Not sure what you are taking about.. he has not released his tax returns so you cannot say wether he has paid his fair share. I did not assert one way or the other, unlike cowboy

06/06/18 11:04 am

Chair ... precisely! So you convict the man with no evidence. How do you do that?

06/06/18 11:05 am

Mud ... please take a few minutes to calm down. It’s clear that you’re still hysterical and therefore not thinking straight.

chairsbed
06/06/18 11:14 am

Think, let me break it down, I’ll go slow..

Cowboy asserted Trump pays his fair share

I asked for evidence

This is not a conviction. It only points out that cowboy does not know if he pays his fair share and neither do I

06/07/18 11:51 am

Chair ... I understand that you’re a low info leftist, so I have extremely low expectations for you to get it. If Mr Trump hadn’t paid his taxes, what do you think the weaponized Obama IRS would’ve done?

You still have no proof for your unfounded wild claims!

chairsbed
06/07/18 1:54 pm

Think, I get that reading comprehension can be hard so I understand why you keep making false inferences.

06/07/18 1:56 pm

Chair ... I suggest that you don’t understand squat and can’t communicate even your simplest ideas. It’s somehow everyone’s job to have the decoder ring because you can’t communicate? Typical overindulge millennial!

When you grow up and learn how to express yourself, come on back!

06/07/18 2:05 pm

Chair ... by the way, I’m still waiting for you to respond to the question ... given that MrO weaponized the IRS, if there was even a hint that MrT hadn’t paid his taxes, what would the IRS have done?

If you’re having trouble with the spelling, the word is “audit”!