cpaswr June 6th, 2018 12:22pm

Inspired by someone on Facebook selling their car. You see someone post something for sale. All features are listed along with pics but there is no price. Are you likely going to contact the seller for the price or do you want to see the price?

dawl adulting
06/07/18 8:24 am

That’s just shady good riddance that you are no longer connected on FB.

cpaswr just say the letters
06/06/18 3:57 pm

UPDATE: I just looked at the ad again and I found out that my comments were deleted and I was unfriended by the poster.

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

EarlyBird Portland
06/06/18 4:35 pm

What were your comments?

cpaswr just say the letters
06/06/18 4:37 pm

See below. I didn’t know I was unfriended until I post the update.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
06/06/18 1:10 pm

No price is a red flag for me. I may still contact the seller, and I may still be interested, but we have definitely gotten off on the wrong foot right from the start. An open and honest seller will list a starting price, every time.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
06/06/18 6:40 am

I buy and sell a lot of cars and I’m a bold negotiator. If a car doesn’t have a price....I will still contact the seller if it’s exactly what I want. I will look up the value. I will start by offering him a lowball price in cash. If he has a reasonable response I will go look at it.

cpaswr just say the letters
06/06/18 3:53 pm

Like you said, it has to be exactly what I want. If I’m in the market for a car, I may look at the ad. After that, I’m usually going to skip it.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
06/06/18 4:10 pm

Yeah....if I’m just fishing....I skip it completely. When I do look for something...it’s usually very specific. In that case....a no price is my last call.

JamesStL
06/06/18 5:59 am

When it comes to cars, if there is no price, mileage or photos, I skip it.

cpaswr just say the letters
06/06/18 6:17 am

Everything else was there except the price. See my comments below.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
06/06/18 5:32 am

What kind of idiot doesn’t post the price? Seriously. I’m not going to go out of my way to be like “hey uh bro... you forgot the most crucial piece of your listing”. I’ll just move to a more competent seller and not have to worry about “Well if he’s that dumb, imagine what he did to this car...”

cpaswr just say the letters
06/06/18 6:16 am

I replied that the price is missing. The response was “send a message.” I stated that I wasn’t interested and said if people are like me, they want a price or else they will move on.

I wasn’t in the market for a car to begin with. If there was a price, I would have shared their post. I’m not going out of my way to do that.

cpaswr just say the letters
06/06/18 5:24 am

I ran out of characters when writing the question. For the sake of argument, assume that you are looking for what is being sold or something similar.

I want to see the price. I’m not going to take the time to play games with the seller. This doesn’t mean that I don’t want to negotiate though.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
06/06/18 5:34 am

It’s a given that there’s room to negotiate... but you need an asking price to start with lol

cpaswr just say the letters
06/06/18 6:13 am

Agreed. I wouldn’t consider looking any further with ad that doesn’t have a price.