snagglepuss June 6th, 2018 11:33am

Have you ever made money working from home?

catpillow Florida West Coast
06/07/18 9:18 pm

Not a regular job, but occasionally I illustrate a book in my home office.

snagglepuss Story Time
06/07/18 11:54 pm

How cool! I didn’t know that! Children’s books?

catpillow Florida West Coast
06/08/18 4:33 am

Text books. Quite a few illustrate doctors or therapists and/or patients using devices. I also like to show what both the patient and the clinician see.

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
06/07/18 9:26 am

I wish. Seemed like everything was a scam so I gave up looking

snagglepuss Story Time
06/07/18 2:19 pm

I tried taking online surveys while I was off work for my injury but you had to do so many to make anything and I was in too much pain to sit and work on them that long. Plus some gave you points towards gift cards or rewards not cash.

....

lcamino Florida and Georgia
06/06/18 1:34 pm

Yes, when my ex and I owned a business. I had a home office.

John1 Florida
06/06/18 10:13 am

Does anyone know a good company that allows people to work from home? If so, what are the requirements?

snagglepuss Story Time
06/06/18 10:49 am

The only company I know is United Healthcare. You have to take their classes, work for them a year, then you can look into setting up at home.

susanr Colorado
06/06/18 7:56 am

I haven’t. My daughter has, for about 10 years now, I think.

susanr Colorado
06/06/18 11:02 am

Web design. She works on various aspects of designing and maintaining websites and opt-in email newsletters. She has worked 3-5 days a week for one company (previously for a local company, and she would come into town occasionally for meetings, but now for a company based in Florida), plus she’s always had a number of private clients of her own, including her aunt & uncle’s websites and one belonging to an old friend of our commune, but mostly clients she’s just picked up various ways.

She seems to really love it. Sometimes it’s a little aggravating, but mostly she likes learning new things and loves a challenge. She loves the Florida company and they seem to love her and her work. She does little bits of work - from just tweaking a website if there’s a problem, to more extensive stuff sometimes - even on her supposed days off, just because she enjoys doing it. But she can still plan days completely off, like for a vacation, when she needs to.

snagglepuss Story Time
06/06/18 12:48 pm

It seems like websites are always being updated. Women Within just updated their website and I spent some time trying to figure out how it worked.

I guess they are always trying to improve them.

...

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
06/06/18 6:40 am

I have worked from home for the last 7 years

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
06/06/18 12:01 pm

Just a home office, I work for a large software company. I can live anywhere

snagglepuss Story Time
06/06/18 12:43 pm

Sweet, I thought you were a recruiter for some reason.

snagglepuss Story Time