mudkip17 June 5th, 2018 6:25pm

Would the police have been justified if they had opened fire on the Bundy protesters when they were pointing guns at federal agents?

bower8899 ...
06/05/18 4:55 pm

Yes but there's no way they would have. Maybe if they were black.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
06/05/18 1:03 pm

I wish they would have. Imagine if Muslims, blacks or native Americans did what they did.

cpaswr just say the letters
06/05/18 1:27 pm

I have no sympathy for the Bundy clan.

badattitude no place like home
06/05/18 1:41 pm

You guys do know why the feds showed up in the first place don’t you?

badattitude no place like home
06/05/18 1:57 pm

The Bundy ranchers owed a million dollars in grazing fees to the federal government for cattle grazing on BLM land. The feds own more than 81% of Nevada. More than any other state. The Bundy’s didn’t want to send the money to the black hole of the federal government. They didn’t want it used to pay hookers in Thailand to learn to make pottery. So they took the money to Carson City to pay the fees. They believed, and rightly so, that the money belonged to the people of Nevada. They felt that the $40 million collected every year would be better off spent on schools and roads in Nevada. But the Nevada government couldn’t accept it because it’s not their land. So they refused to pay. And asked for help to get the Nevada land back from the feds. None of the news companies told the real story. But we have a new Attorney general running that is advertising that he’ll sue the feds to get our land back.

cpaswr just say the letters
06/05/18 2:02 pm

So, the Bundy’s were being like Trump and didn’t want to pay their bills. Makes sense to me.

SuperAgain They lie, Get Over It
06/05/18 4:51 pm

The assertion that all that Federal land ever “belonged” to these western states is a myth. Signing-away any claims on these lands was a standard precondition for statehood. Here’s a good explanation of that fact: www.rgj.com/story/news/2014/04/16/ask-rgj-released-nevadas-public-lands/7794823/

WorstGooEver Nuke the Hurricanes
06/05/18 5:26 pm

Breck... you basically said “they broke the law and decided to point guns at federal agents instead of pay the consequences”.

badattitude no place like home
06/05/18 5:51 pm

The law is wrong. Didn’t we throw tea in a harbor because we believed that a law was wrong. The federal government have overstepped its authority and should not have 81.1% of the Nevada lands. Land that is not theirs and belongs to the people of Nevada. Money is the only reason that the feds were out there that day. Money that belongs to the schools and roads of Nevada. Not the shït hole of the federal government.

badattitude no place like home
06/05/18 5:53 pm

Super, I never said that the land once belonged to Nevada.

badattitude no place like home
06/05/18 6:02 pm

“Interesting article super. Cliven Bundy is actually the last of 52 ranching families in the area. Over the last couple of decades, the BLM has systematically regulated these ranchers out of business; canceling permits and laying claim to large areas of their land in the process.

Local farmers are warning that this is likely to spread into Arizona and Utah. “

offgridsurvival.com/militia-on-their-way-to-bundy-ranch-in-nevada/

offgridsurvival.com/wp-content/themes/church_10/images/2014/04/federalland.jpg

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
06/05/18 7:21 pm

I’ve been to that refuge & spent a lot of time down there. Having raised cattle myself I have empathy. But here’s the rub.....these guys....Bundy & others....paid pennies on the dollar to use that land. It was corporate welfare. The cattle destroy the ecosystem. We didn’t know this 100 years ago....we know it today. The BLM has been working hard to restore the land in Malheur and similar places. This doesn’t even mention the fact that the land included sacred Indian graves. So look....times change. As a compromise, I would offer them part of the land at a rate that covers government costs. But they won’t do it because then it becomes unprofitable. So the Bundys are upset about their loss of privilege. Boo hoo. The Cold War ended and cancelled my flight school. I didn’t take over a building in Pensacola....I started a new career.

badattitude no place like home
06/05/18 8:12 pm

Okay. But I’m talking about giving control to the state. That should not be federal land. Why should the Fed be in the landlord business? If the state wants to and it will protect wildlife and sacred sites, then they should. but it should be up to the state not the Fed. I didn’t understand what you meant by pennies on the dollar. Grazing fees? That’s public land, the fees are paid back to the people for the use of the land. Similar to fees paid by logging companies. Oh wait, that’s right. They don’t pay for all those logs that they overcharge for lumber. The fed pays to manage it for them. I guess they don’t have as good of a lobby.

WorstGooEver Nuke the Hurricanes
06/05/18 8:26 pm

Maybe your arguments about Land in Nevada have merit, but I didn’t pay much attention to them because they have nothing to do with armed men having a standoff with the feds.

suppressedID keep Summer safe
06/05/18 12:24 pm

Funny how those “defensive” gun use advocates suddenly lose their commitment on this.

kscott516 Masks fail
06/05/18 4:08 pm

But I thought all conservatives were gun nuts that went on shooting sprees? No? 😂

AdamStephens West Virginia
06/05/18 12:09 pm

I think the shooting of lavoy finicum was criminal, so, no.

Robert97206 Portland Oregon
06/05/18 11:27 am

Lino only because the feds had instigated that situation.

suppressedID keep Summer safe
06/05/18 12:22 pm

By occupying the Refuge? Those nutty Feds.

mudkip17 United States of Texas
06/05/18 12:26 pm

This was the first one when they feds were trying to round up cattle that had been illegally grazing for 20 years because Bundy decided to stop paying the fees

WorstGooEver Nuke the Hurricanes
06/05/18 5:29 pm

When I rob a bank, I’ll tell the judge that the police instigated the whole thing.