Trump blamed the national anthem protests for canceling the eagles visit.. in 2017 no eagle kneeled during the anthem. Was Trump just mad they all didn't want to see him?
trump so salty 😂
President Snowflake got his poor widdle feelings hurt. Poor baby.
And as it turns out, Fox News (who else!), used a prayer meeting as a stunt showing the Eagles kneeling.
Funny ... How do YOU feel about Fox News running the White House?
Did you see that guy kneeling? LOL
Trumps wittle feelings got hurt. He’s such a snowflake.
I'd like to see you go through three years of what he has and come out of it alive.
Lol Radon. I’d have sympathy for him if he didn’t bring it onto himself.
He doesn't need it. He's doing just fine. All who say he's a snowflake obviously haven't watched the news in the past three years. If he really was, he wouldn't be where he is now.
President Snowflake is bringing it on himself with his excessive temper tantrums, the revolving door of reality stars in his cabinet and the stupid crap he says on Twitter, and he expects to be taken seriously?
*Trumper tantrums 😉😂
If you all keep not taking him seriously, then his entire presidency will be like 2016. It's the moment you all realize that he is actually very competent that he will begin to fail. Yet you never will because I don't think you want to admit it. Good
It’s also disturbing that fox showed stills of players kneeling...for prayer...and claiming it was protest.
It’s a game I can’t pretend to win so I'm just not going to play waaaa waaaa waaaa.
It would have been difficult, even for him, to claim it to be the largest crowd ever for a SB champions visit.
It's a statement against the NFL
Didn't the NFL just cave and give into his demands and say no more protesting?
Seems more about his ego
1- They didn't cave to Trump they did it because they were losing business to the kneeling they couldn't care about anything else
2- when was the visit supposed to happen before or after the NFLs announcement
They had higher attendence on average this season, than the season before. Jerry Jones under oath said Trump was threatening them and telling they were not gonna win. Sounds like Trump was pretty intricate to the desicion.
The NFL announcement was last month, Trump canceled the visit yesterday
Maybe he was just pissed at Jones
The Eagles had been scheduled to take part in the annual tradition, but several prominent players said they planned to skip the ceremony over Trump's criticism of player protests during the national anthem.
Lol conservatives say "criticism" everyone else sees that he called them sons of bitches...
I think he did the right thing. Several were planning on skipping anyway. A president has better things to do than have dinner with a professional sports team. I would be more upset if it was the Olympic team as they represent America.
Every single fan has called them worse than a son of a bitch when they dropped a ball or tackled someone.
By the way I copied and pasted the last comment from NBC News. I didn’t say criticism.
Also it's a flat out lie for trump to save face... The eagels have stated that not 1 single player has stated their disagreement with Trump over the anthem issue nor did any of the eagles ever kneel during the anthem..
Then NBC is reporting it wrong
Ya because they were reporting what the white house released
It's almost exactly what Trump tweeted.
Lol that was quick.
Cause I was responding to your first NBC comment
I figured. Here is a quick google search.
Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, "a large group of Eagles players had decided not to attend, including most -- if not all -- of the black players."
NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported that it was going to be a "really small" contingent of players in attendance that "wasn't 20, it wasn't 10, it was going to be less than that."
If the black players were not going to attend, the press would have somehow turned it around to “only white players invited to White House”.
It was best to cancel the whole thing.
Oh I agree it wasn't that many that were going to attend. I'm just saying it wasn't over trump "standing up" for our military and the anthem.
Even if it was just 5, he could have held the exact same event, but just had some eagles that were in attendence. He canceled it hours before the event... Some of them may have even already been in town
No, it was, I think....a couple of things (or rather, many)
1) Only a few eagles were going to attend. None were black. Trump did not like it that some people rejected his offer (and the tradition)
2) If only white players attended, the media would have said it was a racist event. Somehow Salon is pushing the cancellation as racist. No matter what this guy does, he’s reported as racist. Yet, prior to his presidency he was honored by the NAACP. Though, he’s a rich white guy, he’s probably not the biggest fan of diversity.
3) If they had continued, the low player turnout would have been applauded.
4) The black players who didn’t attend, said it was in opposition of Trumps condemnation of black players. No, it was his condemnation of their kneeling. The players made their kneeling about race (kneeling in protest of violations of black rights by cops). So, by not attending, they were “staying in the locker rooms” rather than attend. Trump swung this as “letting down their fans”
5) It’s Trump. At least one person refused to attend Obama’s celebration. The media made that guy (I can’t remember his name) out to be racist. Obama didn’t have a hissy fit. There is a double standard but come on, this incident does not really highlight that.
6) I don’t see how honoring a team full of, no doubt, brain damaged athletes was American or unAmerican. It was hosting athletes. The equivalence throws me. Trump often confuses me. This is one of those times.
7) The Black community is piling condemnation on its members who associate with Trump. This may have played a role in the unwillingness for some black athletes to attend. I don’t know, it’s just a guess.
8) Are the winners of baseball, basketball and hockey honored like the winners of American football? It will be interesting to see how those play out if they are.
9) It’s Trump. Expected the unexpected. Unless the US has just been attacked, no one should be “uninvited” from the White House. That’s my opinion but I don’t have all the facts, I admit.
10) I actually doubt neither the White House nor the team are giving the full story. Maybe I’m cynical but I don’t believe any of them. Not the president, not the players, not the press.
Probably. Or it was a statement against the NFL as a whole. Or a way to get out in front of some of the players protesting him, as I saw another user mention.
Lean? It’s a full falll. He took his ball and went home. 😤
Aww, president snowflake got his feelings hurt.