Laserbeam June 4th, 2018 1:49am

Fans of The Show Formerly Known As Roseanne rejoice! ABC is doing the right thing (again) and attempting to save hundreds of innocent people’s jobs by rebranding the show in time for next season.

mistah Happy Happy Joy Joy
06/04/18 2:16 pm

I still say they should have replaced Roseanne with Danny DeVito and never acknowledge it

ozzy
06/04/18 4:27 am

Not gonna happen. Roseanne is a communist with a long history of pushing the envelope. No one will watch without her. I have never watched her show.

benseth 11,780 votes
06/03/18 9:20 pm

I really don’t care either way. I guess I am interested though if it will have a trump supporter slant still or a liberal slant like the old version.

tokala
06/03/18 9:02 pm

I saw that, today. I hope it’s not a rumor.

diest
06/03/18 8:53 pm

I rejoice that this toilet has been flushed...

swervin Maryland
06/03/18 7:58 pm

I couldn’t care less if I tried. I didn’t watch it during its original run, I didn’t watch it during the revival season, and I won’t watch wtf ever they will call it now.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
06/03/18 7:12 pm

Wouldn't it be something totally different without the main character?

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
06/03/18 7:22 pm

How different do you think it’ll be? It doesn’t seem too hard to just write her out (e.g. she dies or goes off to volunteer in Africa) and just carry on with the show in a similar format as it’s been.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
06/03/18 7:01 pm

Anybody here fans of ‘Aftermash’ ‘Valerie’s Family’ or ‘Royal Family’ with no Redd Foxx? I appreciate the gesture but the show is doomed. Either way, I won’t watch it so doesn’t matter.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
06/03/18 7:03 pm

How many people watched Roseanne strictly because they’re a Roseanne fan? She’s always been a polarizing figure, and several people (particularly those who are the most patriotic) have long hated her for mocking the star spangled banner. It could be just fine, it could even boost the reboot over this season.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
06/03/18 7:04 pm

This isn’t like The Office without Steve Carell. Not even close.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
06/03/18 7:08 pm

Conservatives have forgiven Roseanne for her anthem stunt since she dressed up as a Nazi and loves Trump. That aside....she is the star.....it’s her show. Tough break for everyone else.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
06/03/18 7:18 pm

Time will tell, but the show (the original) had multiple breakout stars so it’s definitely got a chance. Emma Kenney is in a position to become the “true” (most popular) star, much like Sara Gilbert in the 90s.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
06/03/18 6:53 pm

I’ve felt so bad for John Goodman more than anyone. I’m so happy these people will (likely) be keeping their jobs and won’t be fresh out of work because of a deplorable co-worker.

smartfart Florida
06/03/18 7:42 pm

Me too! John Goodman is one of those old actors that just makes me laugh or feel no matter what he does.
Despite the politics, I did like the newer version for the most part. (It seemed, except the first episode, they tried to keep politics out of it.) I like the subject matter & the situations the family goes through and, at the end of the day, it’s always about family.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
06/03/18 7:50 pm

I really enjoyed the original series but I haven’t had time to watch the recent season in order. I was planning to binge-watch it this summer (and still am) when I have a bit of time on my hands.

ilovepizza
06/03/18 6:51 pm

Nobody will watch. John Goodman isn't good enough

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
06/03/18 6:55 pm

I would guess the new “star” of the show will be Sara Gilbert over him, but we’ll have to wait and see.