PizzaHut Coral Springs, FL
06/03/18 7:56 am

Not even debatable

StanMan26 Minnesota
06/03/18 7:17 am

They lean establishment and whatever gets ratings.

Malekithe Hades
06/03/18 4:45 am

They don’t lean left. They are clearly left moving further out since Trump won. They are no longer even feigning neutrality. Journalism is dead. They are essentially political activists.

06/03/18 4:48 am

It's so sad

Malekithe Hades
06/03/18 4:56 am

It really is

CosmicOcean
06/03/18 12:44 am

Pretty much all hard left. Exceptions include FOX (almost neutral but leans right) and conservative news.

06/03/18 4:22 am

Fox is not almost neutral.

Muffin2424 Utah
06/02/18 11:20 pm

More like mostly left.

06/03/18 4:24 am

That is false. Name one national news network that leans right besides Fox News.

06/03/18 5:45 am

Any cable news and mainstream online newspapers.

06/03/18 5:59 am

Name one cable news besides fox that leans right

06/03/18 12:41 pm

You're committing the fallacy of assuming that Democrat means left. It doesn't.

And about CNN, they have a neutrality bias. It's not about Democrats or Republicans, but trying their hardest to be completely neutral. Anderson Cooper, for example, said he doesn't vote because he doesn't want to be biased. Wtf?

06/03/18 12:43 pm

CNN reports negatively on Right wing Policies and positively on left wing policies.

06/03/18 12:44 pm

Give some precise examples.

06/03/18 12:45 pm

I remember a piece by Jake Tapper where he justified the atrocities committed by Israel in Gaza. That's left wing?

06/03/18 12:46 pm

That was a war not a genocide

06/03/18 12:47 pm

Genocide is not a partisan thing. It is exhibited by right and left

06/03/18 12:48 pm

The left opposes Israel

06/03/18 12:49 pm

You are the one confusing political parties with left and right

06/03/18 12:51 pm

93 percent of CNN's coverage of Trump is negative.

06/03/18 1:23 pm

Great, but Trump isn't representative of the right writ large.

06/03/18 1:30 pm

Define right wing ideas and world view

06/03/18 1:57 pm

This is pretty elementary. Maintenance of given power relations (conservative social views, capitalist property relations, etc.)

06/03/18 2:02 pm

They are pro transgender legislation

06/03/18 2:02 pm

Which is identity politics

ExistentialNed
06/03/18 2:03 pm

That is not elementary. If anything, that would be extremely debatable. There is a reason that we have had a debate about this in the past.

chinito Florida
06/06/18 2:52 am

Ubermensch, DrW is a Communist. For hin, anything right of Fidel Castro is considered “the right”.

And btw, he is pretty anti-Israel.

06/06/18 3:07 am

1) Of course there are people to the right of Fidel Castro who I consider left wing. Deng Xiaoping, Josip Broz Tito, to name a couple. But there is no strong left in the US. The only left which exists in the US is fringe. What's called the left is really just center right, but it appears left when compared to the fools in the Republican Party.

2) You don't need to make every discussion about Israel.

chinito Florida
06/06/18 3:19 am

1) It looks like TheUbermensch is a new user. I wanted to warn him about your radical positions.

2) You are the one that made this discussion about Israel. Read your comments.

06/06/18 3:27 am

1) I don't think they need any warning. They don't need to be scared away from discussion. I want people to take my views at face value, and not say it's just because I'm radical.

Plus I made a poll a while back saying that I know longer consider myself a communist, despite my evident sympathies, for reasons of anti-dogmatism and willingness to work with national bourgeoisies to overthrow imperialism.

2) I said that condemning Israel is a left wing position, and that defending Israel is a right wing position. I don't think my personal position has anything to do with the discussion.

06/06/18 3:35 am

Yah ok he's been on my pools he's a neo Marxist and a Marxist

06/06/18 3:37 am

I'm neither. I don't subscribe to Marx's theories. I recognize some areas in which he was spot on, and many where he missed the mark.

06/06/18 3:39 am

You don't know marxes theories then cause u have agreed with them

06/06/18 3:41 am

I've agreed with some of their ideas, but not others.

06/06/18 3:54 am

Plenty. I disagree with how he treats capitalism as the confederation of national productive systems rather than a global productive system. I disagree with the supremacy they attribute to class struggle. It's real and important to recognize, but I disagree with the idea that the proletariat and bourgeoisie must be diametrically opposed. It is the reality in the imperialist centers, but not the rest of the world. Marx also believed that the logic of capitalism would lead to the rest of the world catching up to the centers, permitting global revolution, when this has obviously been proved to be the opposite. I disagree with the role they attribute to the state in socialist transformation and the loose rigidity concerning the development from own mode of production to another, about how capitalism must be fully developed and modernized before socialist development becomes possible, among many more things.

06/06/18 4:23 am

That is contradictory to ur previous statement

06/06/18 4:25 am

Is free speech radical to you because in the past you have said so.

06/06/18 4:29 am

You could still be a Marxist u agree with the fundementals.

06/06/18 5:50 am

I'm Marxist in the sense in that I'm inspired by dialectical materialism (although it's insufficient without Mao's revision of it) as a philosophical basis, and in that I'm opposed to capitalism, and I think Marx has some nice things to say. But lots of people think Marx has some nice things to say without being Marxists.

theNobamist Silicon Valley
06/02/18 10:00 pm

The MSM is so left, why bother broadcasting the audio in stereo?

theNobamist Silicon Valley
06/02/18 10:00 pm

Lean left? No. Fall over themselves running to the left, yes.

PB246 California
06/02/18 9:55 pm

Lean? More like full blown landslide on some networks

LeftLibertarian The Age of Outrage
06/02/18 8:37 pm

Only on America’s political spectrum that is slanted so far to the right can a mainstream media that is dominated by private media companies be considered left wing.

06/03/18 4:23 am

That's not how it works. Also I don't think the political spectrum is accurate.

LeftLibertarian The Age of Outrage
06/03/18 8:00 am

Why isn’t that how it works, cause from my point of view seeing privately owned media companies as potentially left wing means either we are measuring left and right by a totally different criteria (I’m considering it in an economic sense), or private media companies are acting against their interests.

06/03/18 8:03 am

No. That's not how it works. Being socially left give you a lot more credit as actor, journalists and much more.

06/03/18 8:09 am

LeftLibertarian The Age of Outrage
06/03/18 8:14 am

A social left right scale has a similar problem of how narrow the American mainstream conception of it is, while also being more ambiguous than an economic scale. Again that conceptualization doesn’t account for the revolutionaries and those that challenged the status quo which made up the left in the traditional social sense. Clearly, these are different social views from the generally reformist attitudes of mainstream media. So again, I only feel the conceptualization of mainstream media as left wing holds within a narrow and shifted spectrum of political thought that excludes pretty much the entirety of the actual left (because that is off the spectrum).

LeftLibertarian The Age of Outrage
06/03/18 8:17 am

“Being socially left is easier for ratings. They care about ratings not about supporting policies.” In this sense they’re simply a private entity responding to market forces within a greater capitalist system, I wouldn’t consider that leftist. The main difference between that and a typical capitalist enterprises is that instead of selling a product to consumers, most mainstream media outlets make money by selling consumers to advertisers.

06/03/18 8:19 am

I would say most people have abandoned the true left. However the media is left economically because higher taxes fund the social programs they want. And our media has become so polarized that left in one aspect means left in all aspects.

AdamStephens West Virginia
06/02/18 5:32 pm

Most journalists lean left because theyre college educated in a field that requires critical thinking. Companies thoughake corporate decisions based on profit.

06/02/18 5:35 pm

Colleges lean left and that's polarization my friend. There are pros and cons to both sides.

06/02/18 5:35 pm

There are a lot of journalists who don't know what they are doing and don't hold up to journalistic standards.

AdamStephens West Virginia
06/02/18 5:52 pm

Colleges l an left because they're full of young people eager to learn, if you find the opposite of that it will probably leanright, first thing that ces to mind is an old folks home.

06/02/18 5:54 pm

Young people lean left because they have a future ahead of them. Old people lean right because they don't. Your trying to make one look better. It's not helping.

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
06/02/18 9:23 pm

Woke
Both tell serious lies
The road might live between the two.

06/02/18 5:23 pm

I just watched a video of the young Turks saying CNN is neutral and in republicans pockets.

EarlyBird Portland
06/02/18 5:24 pm

Haha.. that’s crazy and untrue.

06/02/18 5:33 pm

Certain left media outlets have gotten so bad they are bashing other left leaning media outlets for not polarizing the country. Even though CNN is polarizing the country.