teachinla June 1st, 2018 12:30am

The Roseanne Barr comments have created a firestorm of responses. Even Sally Field has entered the fray, by referring to Ivanka Trump with a vulgarity. Should Sally Field also lose support for her films?

shygal47 Florida east coast
06/01/18 8:25 am

I said no because I didn't even know she was still alive.

fmm Philadelphia suburb
05/31/18 9:45 pm

false moral equivalent

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
05/31/18 6:45 pm

No. She should just be ignored by our half of the country.

SuperAgain They lie, Get Over It
05/31/18 6:41 pm

She can now say: “You hate me. You really hate me”. Hehe.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
05/31/18 6:17 pm

For 25 years conservatives have called Hilary Clinton a cunt....and cheered. Finally...one person responds....and they should lose their support? Let’s start with POTUS and then we can talk. Snowflakes....

teachinla California
06/01/18 1:49 am

I’m a conservative, and I never called Hillary a cunt. In fact, I don’t know any conservatives who have called her that. That kind of term is used by people of little class. There is a term in Spanish, that means the same thing. Say it, and you might get a fist in the face.

Zach21 California
06/01/18 10:00 am

Wow one conservative with a stupid shirt and you group all of them together?

Most conservatives don’t give a shit about her

Zach21 California
06/01/18 10:19 am

Again, you’re labeling a huge group of people based on what? A dozen or so people in your links?

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
06/01/18 10:51 am

I don’t approve of Samantha’s comment. I thought Sally’s comment (in reference to the question) was amusing. That aside....if you can’t on your own see the difference between Samantha’s comment vs Roseanne’s....or the double standard of Trump....then nothing I say will change your mind. And no amount of false equivalencies, semantics or Whataboutisms from you is going to change my mind. So there you go. This column sums up my complete opinion on the whole affair: www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/06/fighting-fire-with-water/561818/
🦑

Zach21 California
06/01/18 10:57 am

I absolutely see the difference. One is racist and one isn’t. Either way, they’re both inappropriate.

If you want to talk about double standards, where was the leftist outrage when a liberal journalist called Ben Carson a “monkey”?

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
06/02/18 4:10 pm

I personally don’t recall that but not cool

commonman1 Peace
06/04/18 9:40 pm

Do you really care if someone was called a cunt or is it just something you can be outraged about. Or monkey or ape. It hilarious that we spend all this time and energy battling one another over something we don’t give a rats ass about. But but but

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
06/04/18 9:59 pm

Me personally? It didn’t bother me when people called Hillary a cunt...I probably did myself at one point. I’m disappointed that Samantha did...only because it invalidates the point she was trying to make. But I’m not upset about it. As for everyone else...I just want consistency. Ted Nugent (who I like) called Hillary a cunt and was invited to the White House. So spare me the conservative ‘outrage’ if you are ok w one and not the other.

commonman1 Peace
06/04/18 10:30 pm

I’m more outraged at the finger pointing. We should be talking about taxes, healthcare, Korea, but not this crap that means nothing at all.

commonsense America isnt racist
05/31/18 5:58 pm

If the company they work for thinks it will harm their business, they should be fired for anything.

PrinceOberyn ANCIENT CITY STYLE
05/31/18 5:42 pm

Let's run this down.

1. Vulgarity is not a reason to be fired. Racism is. Bee should not have apologized.

2 Field didn't call her a cunt, she said she was'nt one because they're quote "powerful, beautiful, nurturing and honest" all things Ivanka is not. I'm actually in agreement now that I think of it. Ivanka is not a cunt. She lacks the depth and warmth.

dawl adulting
05/31/18 5:36 pm

Samantha bee referred to her with vulgarity. Sally Field did respond to it as well but it didn’t come from her.
I don’t like the comments made but there is a difference to me between blatant racism and vulgarity. Trump himself has been vulgar.