qmastrangelo June 1st, 2018 12:14am

Would you describe yourself as politically moderate?

suppressedID keep Summer safe
06/01/18 8:32 am

I believe in the environment, education, personal privacy, and science. That makes me a RADICAL in a Trump America.

Cherepaxa Thirdworld and firstworld
06/01/18 7:15 am

No such thing as politically moderate. Every position, including inaction, is a position in support of something. So-called moderates are extremist supporters of the status quo.

mark4
06/01/18 2:52 am

I’m consistently for human freedom.
It’s those on the left and right who aren’t, who are the extremists.

LeftLibertarian The Age of Outrage
06/01/18 11:00 am

And I’m not consistent in my support for human freedom?

daverator Connecticut
05/31/18 6:49 pm

Slightly right, but close enough. I swear being a moderate is like a free forcefield from any shit the right and left toss at each other.

ExistentialNed
05/31/18 6:37 pm

Moderate in terms of left vs right?

qmastrangelo Pottsvegas, PA
05/31/18 6:41 pm

Both in terms of left/right and authoritarian/libertarian

ExistentialNed
05/31/18 7:10 pm

In that case, I am definitely more libertarian than authoritarian, though my positions vary in both social and economic policy in terms of left and right.

orgblu10 Shamerica
05/31/18 6:32 pm

If I'm moderate on an issue, it's likely because I haven't yet settled on a firm stance. I'm conservative on the majority of issues, more liberal on a few.

zimmy Florida
05/31/18 6:24 pm

I’m pretty moderate, except when I’m not. 😝

snagglepuss Story Time
05/31/18 7:17 pm

I’m pretty friendly except when I’m not! 🤭

LeftLibertarian The Age of Outrage
05/31/18 5:53 pm

No, I’m going to make that very clear, I’m very radically anti authoritarian.

qmastrangelo Pottsvegas, PA
05/31/18 6:42 pm

Same here, though I’m on the lower right side of the political spectrum as opposed to the lower left

LeftLibertarian The Age of Outrage
05/31/18 6:52 pm

Would you consider yourself an ancap or minarchist, or something else?

qmastrangelo Pottsvegas, PA
05/31/18 6:59 pm

Not quite, I guess I’d be a bit above minarchists though not by much. I’d describe my ideology on social and economic issues as libertarian or libertarian capitalist, though my foreign policy views don’t fit in with those labels all that well as I tend to favor interventionism over isolationism. How about you?

LeftLibertarian The Age of Outrage
05/31/18 7:02 pm

Oh I’m just an outright anarchist in the classical sense. Umbrella terms like social anarchist, left libertarian, libertarian socialist, and classical libertarian are all applicable to me.

Cherepaxa Thirdworld and firstworld
06/01/18 7:11 am

Sounds like youre just authoritarian against authoritarian regimes.

LeftLibertarian The Age of Outrage
06/01/18 10:51 am

I haven’t heard of that one before, although there are some that would argue revolution is inherently authoritarian, I thoroughly reject that notion.

Cherepaxa Thirdworld and firstworld
06/01/18 12:01 pm

Also sounds like you're authoritarian towards their view of authoritarianism.

I'm going to authoritatively ask: do you think authority represents repression?

Cherepaxa Thirdworld and firstworld
06/01/18 12:02 pm

Pls give me ur sincere and authoritative answer regarding your views on authority.

LeftLibertarian The Age of Outrage
06/01/18 12:40 pm

I don’t think authority in and of itself represents repression, I hold that all individuals and groups in a position of power over others have a burden of proof to meet to those that they have authority over (typically meaning to the approval of those that authority is being exercised over), and if they can’t meet that burden of proof, their authority is illegitimate and should be dismantled and replaced with non hierarchical free association. This allows for a certain type of authority, one where the interaction in voluntary, based on competence, and is instantly revocable, so for example when it comes to collecting scientific data, I refer to the authority of scientists and their peer reviewed research, not be cause of any outright coercion compelling me to do so, but because it is imposed on me by my own reason.

Cherepaxa Thirdworld and firstworld
06/01/18 12:55 pm

There's kind of a large difference between social organization and legitimacy of fact through repetitive research. But thanks.

snagglepuss Story Time
05/31/18 5:35 pm

I’m in between the Green Party and Bernie Sanders, more of a socialist.