polster2 May 31st, 2018 11:59am

President Trump is blasting Disney CEO Bob Iger for firing Roseanne Barr after her racist tweet about Valerie Jarrett, while simultaneously refusing to fire Joy Behar after she called Christianity a mental illness. Left-wing double standard?

bartman71 USW
05/31/18 11:06 pm

Again. So many tout a companies discretion to do as they see fit in so many situations, and let the market decide if they are not okay with that. How is this any different?

orgblu10 Shamerica
05/31/18 8:50 am

They'd both be gone if I was running the company. Despicable statements.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
05/31/18 9:28 am

⬆️⬆️⬆️ this ⬆️⬆️⬆️

Barr insulted one person. Inexcusable the way she did it. Behar insulted over a billion. Barr was gone in 24 hours. Behar, still sits and hurls insults at Trump and conservatives.

It seems pretty clear Hollywood allows conservatives or religious people (except Islam) to be insulted but insulting a high profile left wing person is inexcusable and won’t be tolerated. Those seem to be the rules. If Behar insulted Muslims, she would be gone.

Honestly though, why does anyone watch that show. It really has no point but whatever. Stupid show!

shygal47 Florida east coast
05/31/18 8:03 am

Christianity is a choice - skin color is not.

One Christmas during the Obama administration, one of my great-nieces' and her friend were staying at my house. They were 13ish and playing at something in the kitchen when I overheard my young relative call Obama a monkey. I could not keep quiet so I told her that I was surprised at that characterization. She asked Why? So we had quite a chat about how people view each other and present themselves. It turns out she had gotten the description from some newsperson on Fox News. She told me that FN was on all day at her house.
I think what surprised me the most was that she didn't even think about her own heritage - being part Puerto Rican she has a long bloodline, part of which is black.

tractorman Oklahoma
05/31/18 7:38 am

Commenting on Fairy Tales (religion) is massively less damaging that racists comments. One can change their la la land beliefs but can’t change race or racial attitudes easily. There are over 4,000 religions but only a few major races under the title: Human Race

Think Lovin Life
05/31/18 8:07 am

TractorBoy ... justify your hypocrisy however you must, it’s still hypocrisy.

commonsense America isnt racist
05/31/18 7:02 am

He’s right. Democrats get away with calling people racist disgusting names on tv all the time. There will be a backlash to this.

suppressedID IMEACH BIDEN
05/31/18 6:25 am

I said yes, but it’s not quite the same. People CHOOSE their religion, but have no control over race and genetics.

Jazzy5 USA
05/31/18 6:09 am

Trump is right!

AdamStephens West Virginia
05/31/18 5:26 am

She said Mike Pence was mentally ill, not Christianity.

“I don’t know that I want my vice president, um — speaking in tongues and having Jesus speak to him. It’s one thing to talk to Jesus. It’s another thing when Jesus talks to you. That’s called mental illness, if I’m not correct, hearing voices.”

AdamStephens West Virginia
05/31/18 5:27 am

I'm pretty sure most christians know if Jesus talks back there is something wrong.

SuperAgain They lie, Get Over It
05/31/18 6:32 am

Here’s more details on that: “He’s extreme,” Manigault Newman said to her fellow contestants about Pence, who has ties to the evangelical community. “I’m Christian. I love Jesus. But he thinks Jesus tells him to say things. I’m like, ‘Jesus ain’t saying that.’ ”. Co-host Sunny Hostin said, “I don’t know that I want my vice president, um — speaking in tongues and having Jesus speak to him.” Behar responded: “It’s one thing to talk to Jesus. It’s another thing when Jesus talks to you. That’s called mental illness, if I’m not correct, hearing voices.” www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2018/03/08/joy-behar-called-mike-pences-faith-a-mental-illness-then-she-called-to-apologize/?utm_term=.9c46a87b624c

mudkip17 United States of Texas
05/31/18 5:20 am

He didn't blast him about joy though, he blasted him for not firing people who made fun of him.

zimmy Florida
05/31/18 5:17 am

I believe Joy Behar was talking about Mike’s Pence’s brand of Christianity, and not Christianity as a whole.

lj74
05/31/18 5:26 am

😂

Think Lovin Life
05/31/18 8:09 am

Zim ... do you see that your excuse (and every other leftist excuse presented here) is totally pathetic?

Think Lovin Life
05/31/18 8:58 am

Zim ... should Roseanne have been fired for the ugly comments?

orgblu10 Shamerica
05/31/18 8:59 am

So, lifeless, "religious" Christianity is tolerable, but one in which a person actually believes God is alive and active in their lives isn't? In other words, you're ok with the formalized, putting on a show type of religion, but actual faith in a living God is distasteful? I am so tired of non-Christians tolerating meaningless religious going-through-the-motions, but when someone has a daily relationship with the living God, it's goofy or fanaticism. If you think that way, you have it backwards! I would hope all Christians would dump the phony "acceptable" religiosity and actually have the guts to live their faith.

Think Lovin Life
05/31/18 9:01 am

Zim ... is it ok to mock or disparage a particular “brand of Christianity” any more than it is ok to mock or disparage a particular “brand of leftist”?

Odysseus We All Need A Fantasy
05/31/18 5:12 am

One is a personal racially motivated hate filled attack on an individual. The other is an opinion on a religion. I don’t see the connection. Substitute Islam for Christianity and do you think the president would have any complaint about calling it a mental illness?

iceberg124
05/31/18 5:21 am

Saying someone is mentally ill because of a they follow a religion isn’t an ‘opinion on a religion’

mudkip17 United States of Texas
05/31/18 5:26 am

What is it when those on here say liberalism is a mental illness? Cause I'm not offended, I just think they have a dumb opinion

lj74
05/31/18 5:28 am

Based on your premise both are opinions. Whether it is Christianity or Islam or another religion, Disney is wrong. Fire one, fire both.

iceberg124
05/31/18 5:52 am

There aren’t many (if any) people on national television saying liberalism is a mental illness.

mudkip17 United States of Texas
05/31/18 5:56 am

Doesn't matter where it's said or by who, is it an offensive statement.

Also 4j, the difference is people choose to be Christian, muslim, liberal, conservative what ever. You don't choose to be black

mudkip17 United States of Texas
05/31/18 5:58 am

But regardless joy didn't say Christian's were mentally ill, they said hearing voices was a mental illness. If you told me that Jesus talked to you and he talked back, I would probably think you weren't right in the head

iceberg124
05/31/18 6:12 am

Changing the goalposts eh?

kscott516 Masks fail
05/31/18 6:32 am

Rachel Dolezal chose to be black and liberals believed/supported her.