jlong105 May 30th, 2018 5:32pm

While posting my school shootings polls earlier people would defend with, I did that without shooting up a school. My question is now what would make you shoot up a school?

MrsCrayonWax
05/31/18 6:45 am

I’d have to be completely detached from reality. Have a skewed perception of being slighted by everyone. I’d have to be mentally ill. There are so many more things. An obsession with violence, perseverance on murder, death, kill.

proudGA New Jersey
05/30/18 6:13 pm

A lack of resilience in my upbringing.
An expectation that I would have any women and economic opportunities I wanted.
A predisposition to stress anxiety and depression.
A reality of social isolation and downward social mobility.
A false sense of injustice due to the entitlement from step 2.

elpmet
05/30/18 5:55 pm

Not having a father at home that taught me respect and discipline.

elpmet
05/30/18 5:55 pm

Not having a father at home that taught me respect and discipline.

Okie1967 Is Biden self aware
05/30/18 3:36 pm

I’d destroy a school in a heartbeat if it was a hiding spot for terrorists and the students weren’t there.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
05/30/18 3:06 pm

Maybe a hard concussion. There would have to be severe brain trauma to turn me into a murderer.

jlong105 Indiana
05/30/18 3:06 pm

Zombies come and I am holding up in a school. Food showers and rooms for a community.

orgblu10 Shamerica
05/30/18 1:30 pm

I would have no reason for shooting innocent people. There are better ways to make a point.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
05/30/18 12:16 pm

All the other first world countries have the same factors listed in your polls. Yet somehow....we have many times more shootings than all other countries combined. The 1 difference between us and them? Number of guns per citizen.

jlong105 Indiana
05/30/18 12:37 pm

The United States has always had guns. Why is it different now? I know it’s easier for you to blame the inanimate object than to try to identify why our culture has degraded to this point.

But hey don’t try to use your fucking mind in this and just keep saying guns!

I was raised around guns. I could have grabbed one at anytime growing up. I didn’t because that was not the culture I grew up in.

If all you want to do is come into each of these polls and say guns, I can’t help you.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
05/30/18 1:33 pm

I also grew up with access to guns. I used them on the farm and I hunt with them. I shot competitively in HS. I used to belong to the NRA. I qualified in small arms in the Navy and carried a weapon for 6 years. I support 2A. So now that we’ve marked our territory....let’s try to have a discussion.....if that’s what you want. All the factors you polled may contribute to gun violence. The common denominator remains guns. What’s different between America and other countries is quantity of guns. Why have mass shootings spiked since 2006? I don’t know....but coincidentally the assault weapons ban expired in 2004. I know you won’t like the source....but this article is pretty thoughtful: www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2018/feb/14/what-we-know-about-mass-shootings/.
🦑

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
05/30/18 1:34 pm

That’s all I’ve got. I know that guns are inanimate by themselves & don’t kill people...that’s why we have a military....someone has to pull the trigger. I don’t have any answers.

jlong105 Indiana
05/30/18 2:49 pm

I am sorry for my outburst.

The assault weapon ban expiring does look suspect. I appreciate that comment and will throw that out there.

lj74
05/30/18 2:59 pm

So the ban ended in 2004 and it took 4 years for shooters to realize that fact? No.
A lot of hate started getting generated in 2008.

jlong105 Indiana
05/30/18 3:03 pm

I would say that it took four years for them to start selling big. I remember they were very expensive initially and the price dropped steadily for a few years.

I do not believe thy caused the shooting, they just became a handy tool for someone who was bent on murder anyway.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
05/30/18 3:41 pm

Guns don’t cause shootings anymore than knives cause stabbings. But it’s easier to kill a lot of people with a 30 round magazine in a semi-auto gun than it is to stab 30 people. This section of the link above provides a contrast: ‘In recent years, mass shootings have been resulting in more casualties. The Congressional Research Service found that from 2007 to 2013, there were seven mass public shootings in which 10 or more people were killed, and two of those incidents happened in schools. Those were the 2007 Virginia Tech shooting and the 2012 shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut.

Throughout a 34-year span, from 1966 to 2006, there were six mass public shootings that resulted in the deaths of 10 or more people. Two happened in educational institutions: the 1966 tower shooting at the University of Texas, Austin, and the 1999 shooting at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colo.’
🦑

Robert97206 Portland Oregon
05/30/18 11:42 am

If I were to be crazy to that level I wouldn't do it with a firearm it would be God and Anime on my side and my Bastard Sword.

GeezerGolf Show us your papers
05/30/18 11:27 am

Nothing, only a deranged person would do such a thing.

Malekithe Hades
05/30/18 10:56 am

A school does not have to be full of children.
I would be in favor of shooting up a school that trains terrorists or enemy combatants.

NemoDude Dead, at this point
05/30/18 10:52 am

Jesus Christ you could have done a different question than this.

jlong105 Indiana
05/30/18 6:37 pm

Probably could have worded it better. Sorry, didn’t mean to offend but to hopefully lead to critical thinking.

gluxford1 Arizona
05/30/18 10:38 am

Nothing because I have a soul and a moral compass.

jlong105 Indiana
05/30/18 10:42 am

Thanks! You reminded me of the religious poll I wanted to post. By and large this series has been downvotes, but at least I know some people got the ideas I was putting forth.

gluxford1 Arizona
05/30/18 10:44 am

Don’t let the down vote trolls get to you. It’s an important subject to discuss and if it’s any consolation, I upvoted every single one.

orgblu10 Shamerica
05/30/18 1:31 pm

I upvoted as well. Like Glux says, don't sweat it.

jlong105 Indiana
05/30/18 10:34 am

If your answer is nothing can we agree, that we are dealing with abnormal people and some of what I posted could have led into them thinking that shooting was a good idea?