cowboy May 30th, 2018 1:48pm

Six and a half years of SOH stealing my brilliant polls without recognition. The latest stolen poll is about Roseanne being canceled. The evidence is clear. There is an obvious conspiracy to shadow ban me by SOH.

bartman71 USW
05/31/18 1:24 am

Poor persecuted cowboy. I'm gonna whine and cry until they feature one of my shit polls.

05/31/18 6:30 am

Go for it. Intellectual property should be protected.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
05/30/18 12:19 pm

There have been a gazillion questions about Roseanne but it’s you the stole the question from?

Stop worrying about it. If you truly believe this, just figure you are smarter than SOH and chuckle.

I would be honored if the used one of my questions.

I don’t think there’s a SOH conspiracy cowboy, truly I don’t.

05/30/18 12:26 pm

Six and a half years without a feature. That is not a coincidence.

Robert97206 Portland Oregon
05/30/18 1:06 pm

Maybe if you didnt use so much hyperbolic lauguage they'd feature you.

Robert97206 Portland Oregon
05/30/18 2:40 pm

Are you the one ranting about not being featured on Soh?

ovcourse Its Like a Journey
05/31/18 9:19 am

I’ve been on SOH for 6 years as well, and I don’t think I’ve ever had a poll featured.

Robert97206 Portland Oregon
05/30/18 11:30 am

K? So what?

Even if this was all true so what it's their platform.

thatguy2 I am Antifa
05/30/18 8:11 am

You live a sad life.

ComradeJames nationalism
05/30/18 7:22 am

We love ya, cowboy. Don’t let the man keep you down.

Axl752 NY
05/30/18 7:05 am

@Zimmy and @MrsCrayonWax were both before you on the Roseanne polls. Why did you copy them?

05/30/18 7:09 am

Wrong.

I searched the polls before posting my polI. I was the first.

Axl752 NY
05/30/18 7:10 am

Wrong. Anyone can look right now and see that your poll came after theirs.

zimmy Florida
05/30/18 7:10 am

No cowboy, I was before you, as soon as the news broke, I was at the airport bored as hell, when it came on CNN, I did it like 2min later.

05/30/18 7:11 am

Nope. I was first.

MrsCrayonWax
05/30/18 7:13 am

I took you off ignore to tell you that Jesus loves you.

05/30/18 7:14 am

I hope so.

The evil Communists, that run SOH don’t though. That is clear by the evidence.

zimmy Florida
05/30/18 7:18 am

Well Cowboy I’m not going argue with you, because debating with you is no different than getting stuck in a revolving door!

05/30/18 7:26 am

There is no argument.

I did my research and there was no poll about Roseanne being canceled before mine and SOH stole it. Just like they have done for six and a half years.

Want to prove me wrong once and for all? Get one of my polls featured. It’s that simple.

Axl752 NY
05/30/18 7:51 am

You either didn't do research or you are lying.

@Zimmy you are right with that revolvng door analogy haha.

05/30/18 8:04 am

I have done six and a half years worth of scientific research and yesterday was no different. Not one of my brilliant polls have been featured despite being the first one posted.

Prove my scientific research wrong by getting SOH to stop shadow banning me and feature my polls.

rons screw politicians
05/30/18 9:21 am

Wait, Someone posted a poll on Roseanne? Did she sing the National Anthem again?

05/30/18 9:25 am

Yes. I did yesterday before anyone else and then today SOH stole it.

She is now claiming that an ambien made her racist. Stupidass Liberal.

Zach21 California
05/30/18 9:37 am

Cowboy I literally was in the tap yesterday and yours was not the first one

05/30/18 9:39 am

cowboy, perhaps you searched and didn’t see a poll about it, but in the time it took for you to post yours, two other polls *were* posted, because there *are* two other polls specifically about Roseann being fired that show up with a search that were posted before yours. The first one *was* was posted by Zimmy. The next one was posted by MrsCrayon wax. She mentioned in this thread that she took you off ignore to say something to you here, so one can presume she had you on ignore when she posted her poll. That means *you* wouldn’t have seen it (even if it had already been posted before you searched) but SOH, *if* they were looking for polls on the topic, *would* have seen it. They would have seen both of those polls as having been posted before yours, and a lot of similar polls posted afterward, if they just looked for any poll posted on the subject.

05/30/18 9:40 am

It’s actually was. I searched the polls before posting it and there was nothing about the cancellation of the show. I looked.

05/30/18 9:41 am

Mine was the first, Susan. Prove me wrong by featuring one of my polls.

Zach21 California
05/30/18 9:42 am

Isn’t the tap in chronological order? I just checked again and zimmy’s poll and Crayon’s poll were both below yours

05/30/18 9:44 am

They weren’t there yesterday when I checked. Seems pretty fishy to me.

05/30/18 9:45 am

Did you see what I wrote about the others being posted *while you were posting yours*?

Here’s one possibility: There is probably a short time lag between people uploading polls and the server processing them - You know how when you post a comment, the comment count doesn’t always update immediately, but it might take a minute or two? That may have happened.

Regardless, the 2 other polls *were* IN THE SYSTEM before yours, so SOH would have seen them, IF THEY HAD LOOKED.

If you still don’t believe it, just do a search of polls by “roseanne” *now.* If MrsCrayonWas has put you back on ignore you won’t see hers but you will see Zimmy’s.

05/30/18 9:46 am

They weren’t there yesterday and now all of a sudden, bam. Here they are today. πŸ™„

Zach21 California
05/30/18 9:48 am

Why didn’t theirs get featured then?

05/30/18 9:48 am

They weren’t there yesterday. That’s why.

Zach21 California
05/30/18 9:50 am

Yes they were. I commented on both of their polls before SOH even posted theirs

05/30/18 9:51 am

No they weren’t. I looked.

05/30/18 9:51 am

Do you understand that the 2 others could have shown up WHILE YOU WERE WRITING YOURS?

Others have told you the other 2 polls show below yours. I have screen shots showing this if you want to see them. But more convincingly, you can do your own search.

You can also go to the SOH web site and take the time to look at all 3 polls (well, maybe not MrsCrayonWax’s) and see the exact TIME that each was posted. (The date and time shows on the poll itself.)

I took the time to do that just now. I had to search by each user and pull up their poll list (since the Tap list there only goes back 100 polls). Here are the time stamps on each poll (the times will be off for you; it’s the relative time that matters):

cowboy May 29 11:05 AM
MrsCrayonWax May 29 10:57 AM
Zimmy May 29 10:56 AM

05/30/18 9:58 am

That seems awfully convenient after I called those poll stealing jerks out yet again.

Prove me wrong by featuring one of my brilliant polls instead of stealing them like they have for the past six and a half years. I dare ya.

Axl752 NY
05/30/18 9:59 am

Damn you were a whole 9 minutes after Zimmy. That's pretty slow cowboy.

05/30/18 10:01 am

Not true. I was first.

05/30/18 10:03 am

cowboy, PAY ATTENTION:

THEY WERE THERE.

Reread what I wrote about them being posted WHILE YOU WERE WRITING YOUR POLL, and about the SERVER DELAY between posting something and it showing up in a search. We don’t think about that, but it’s probably very common.

They were there yesterday, they didn’t just appear today. There are COMMENTS in them that were POSTED YESTERDAY, SHORTLY AFTER THE POLLS WERE POSTED.

GO LOOK AT ZIMMY’S POLL.

You’re just making yourself look silly by trying to claim the polls weren’t there yesterday.

And what’s this horseshit about telling ME to feature one of your polls? Are you still under the delusion that I have anything to do with what happens at SOH? That’s ludicrous.

05/30/18 10:07 am

They weren’t there yesterday. I looked. Just like I’ve done in the past six and a half years.

Make all of the excuses you want, Susan. The solution is simple. Feature my polls to prove me wrong once and for all.

05/30/18 10:08 am

This shadow banning is bullshit.

05/30/18 10:08 am

And here’s the clincher, and really why you should stop accusing SOH of stealing your polls.

SOH almost never features a poll about a news story.

I’ve mentioned this to you a few other times but apparently you either didn’t believe me (and that’s as easily checked as what polls were posted when), or didn’t understand, or... something.

I think they feature user polls of general interest, IF they have time, or bother, to go through a bunch of recent user polls to see what’s available.

They DON’T decide on what NEWS STORIES to write about, and then go looking for user polls on the SAME SUBJECTS. That’s just NOT THE POINT OF FEATURED POLLS.

05/30/18 10:10 am

I. CAN’T. FEATURE. YOUR. POLLS.

Stop telling me to feature your polls. I can’t do a damned thing about it.

Zach21 California
05/30/18 10:11 am

Is Susan’s time stamp thing not enough proof for you?

Do I need to post a poll of screenshots of the tap just to show you?

05/30/18 10:11 am

I know. You never look at my brilliant polls before featuring them. It’s been six and a half years. It’s nothing new. Just the same old bullshit from SOH.

05/30/18 10:13 am

What I would like, Zach, is for my polls to be featured, not stolen, for once.

MrsCrayonWax
05/30/18 10:14 am

And like that, the cowboy is back on ignore.

Zach21 California
05/30/18 10:14 am

It’s like I’m having a conversation with a brick

05/30/18 10:15 am

Well after putting up with the same excuses for over six years, without any progress, you’d be frustrated too.

05/30/18 10:29 am

“I know. You never look at my brilliant polls before featuring them.”

You still talking to me? How many times do I have to say that I (a) have no official association with SOH of any kind, or (b) have no control over what poll gets featured, any more than you do.

Again, and hopefully for the last time, as far as I can tell SOH generally does not feature news stories. Why on earth would they bother to look through hundreds of user polls looking to see if any user made a poll about a news story before they posted their own news story? That’s NOT what featured polls were ever intended to be. Maybe once in a while a news story got featured, if the person posting SOH polls scrolled through user polls looking for interesting general-interest polls to feature and happened to see one about a news story they hadn’t seen *in the news* yet, but I’m *guessing* that’s the only time they do it.

GET. OVER. IT.

Make other general-interest polls and *maybe* they’ll pick one of those.

05/30/18 10:33 am

Well you always seem to defend them against me, Susan and magically have all of the data that wasn’t there yesterday.

So yeah. I am talking to you.

Stop making lame ass excuses to shadow ban me and feature my polls to prove me wrong.

05/30/18 10:36 am

By the way, I don’t see *any* featured polls among all the open SOH polls. They’re just not doing much of it at all.

Here is some info on what they (supposedly) are looking for, for featured polls. It says nothing about subject, though — EXCEPT that I wouldn’t call a simple question about a news story an “engaging” question. This was a post in the SOH Blog (which has since been disconnected from the app and the web site, and don’t blame me for that, either). It was posted by jaysin 7/13/15. Who knows what they want now.

“During Tony’s AMA (Thank you Tony for taking the time to share with us!) there were a few questions about how to get your poll
‘featured’. Featuring is a way for us to take amazing questions by you, the users, and share them with the rest of our user base. Here are a few suggestions for how to write questions that we look for.
(more)

05/30/18 10:37 am

“The question should be unbiased (or as close to it as possible)
The question should be engaging
The question should be original (we do our best to not post the same question within a 6 month time frame, but we are not perfect)
The question should be a healthy split among the users (The legendary 50/50!)
The answers must use proper casing
The answers must not be the opposite of what you typically see (For instance putting ‘No’ as the left option instead of ‘Yes’)
Most of all have fun with it! We do not have time to check every question that comes in, but we do look at quite a few of them. If we like it and think it’ll be interesting we will feature it.

“As a final point, we will not feature too many a day. We would like to keep it to four or less, but if the user base is asking great, engaging questions, we might make an exception!”

05/30/18 10:38 am

All I hear are excuses, Susan. My poll was unbiased. They flat out stole another one of my brilliant polls.

05/30/18 10:40 am

I’m not defending them at all. I’m EXPLAINING things to you.

YOU can have the same data. Do the same search that I did. How the hell do you think I got it? Other people told you BEFORE I did that there were 2 other polls before yours; why are you focusing on me?

Are you including all the users who posted on the 2 other polls YESTERDAY in your conspiracy too?

05/30/18 10:45 am

I did the research yesterday. The others were not there. Mine was the first and SOH stole another one of my brilliant polls.

05/30/18 10:47 am

You always defend the SOH cabal when I call them out for obviously stealing my polls. That is why I’m focused on you.

05/30/18 10:49 am

Yes, your poll was unbiased.

But - PAY ATTENTION - it was a NEWS STORY. Read what I wrote about SOH seldom featuring NEWS STORIES.

There is no reason for SOH to feature NEWS STORIES. That’s not the point of them. If they ever post a user poll that is a news story, it’s *probably* because they encountered it while looking for OTHER types of polls and hadn’t seen that subject in the news yet. I can’t say it never happens, but it’s seldom, and it’s not what they’re mainly looking for.

They DID NOT STEAL YOUR POLL. Yours was not the first one posted; it was the THIRD. If you don’t understand the 2 reasons why you didn’t see it when you looked, BEFORE you posted yours, READ MY COMMENTS AGAIN. (You really think someone faked the posting times on the website - how? and why? and the comments in the polls? just to screw with you?)

I don’t plan to reply any further, unless you come up with something new. And just STOP accusing me of being part of some conspiracy against you.

05/30/18 10:52 am

It’s hard not to accuse you when it is always you making the excuses for the SOH cabal stealing my brilliant polls. Prove me wrong by featuring my polls and you win. It is that simple.

05/30/18 10:59 am

That’s ridiculously illogical; that would be proving you *right.* Since I *can’t* do that. I’m stuck being able to comply with your illogical demand.

I am not making excuses for SOH here: I am *trying* to *explain* to you why your news polls aren’t chosen to be featured.

That’s all I ever try to do. I do not defend SOH when I disagree with what they do or how they do things - for example, the way they’ve let a number of bugs that affect various users adversely remain in one or more of the apps for up to 2-1/2 *years* now, and for how they do not enforce the rules (as well as for the poorly rewritten rules imposed on us about a year ago). I’ve been very clear about how I feel about them regarding those and a number of other things.

But you asked about “stealing” your poll, and again, yours was simply not the first posted into the system (whether you saw it or not), nor is it a type they usually feature.

05/30/18 11:05 am

After six and a half years, I’ve heard every excuse, Susan. It’s getting old.

Those polls were not there yesterday before I posted my poll that SOH obviously stole again.

Zach21 California
05/30/18 11:17 am

If you wanna talk about things getting old, start with you complaining about how you never get featured.

05/30/18 11:19 am

Who else is going to do it? You?

Maybe you like your ideas constantly stolen without getting credit, but I don’t.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
05/30/18 12:28 pm

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸΏπŸ«πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Axl752 NY
05/30/18 1:34 pm

Cowboy is either a great troll, or a legit crazy person

rons screw politicians
05/30/18 2:44 pm

Hard to keep focused on SOH while driving an 18 wheeler.

pof over my moms knee
05/31/18 6:59 pm

Susanr was the perfect person to hook

BarryB Was it something I said
05/30/18 7:00 am

You’ve been wronged, terribly wronged. I think your best recourse I to leave. Leave and not come back. No more polls. No more comments. Let them see what life is like without you.

05/30/18 7:06 am

That is the goal, isn’t it?

When you Communists can’t bully people into submission, you throw a tantrum a two year old would be impressed by.

tractorman Make Good Trouble
05/30/18 6:57 am

And you need to lose that “the resistance” crap, you are about as much of a lackey of the Empire as anyone on SOH could be....