goalie31 May 30th, 2018 12:10pm

The second amendment is the most important amendment to the Constitution since is guarantees protection for the Constitution and our rights

DanielWebb
05/30/18 6:05 pm

I think the first amendment is the most important.

shygal47 Florida east coast
05/30/18 6:05 pm

1st Amendment is the most important. If you need to use the 2nd Amendment to enforce free speech in the 1st then you have already lost.

ShockNAweMack can vs should. think...
05/30/18 10:34 am

Who's going to protect my home and family if I don't have the guns to provide that security? My garden hoe? Middle of the night, some guy breaks in, I have 5 daughters (yes I really do) then what? What do I do? Grab a baseball bat which will also be banned in the future. Garden hoe?

thatguy2 I am Antifa
05/30/18 8:15 am

And yet people are constantly complaining about the erosion of our rights. Why don’t they just grab their guns and solve this problem? 🤔

goalie31 Byzantine Catholic
05/30/18 8:20 am

They are grabbing the guns...

SuperAgain They lie, Get Over It
05/30/18 6:46 am

Fact is that the 2A is obsolete in relation to defending a free state from a modern military force. Things like the Posse Comitatus Act are more relevant to the fear factor touted by ardent 2A supporters.

goalie31 Byzantine Catholic
05/30/18 8:22 am

Liberals:. AR15s are military grade assault weapons

Also Liberals: A militia could never take on a modern military

Vietnam: Pig farmers could beat your military

SuperAgain They lie, Get Over It
05/30/18 9:58 am

Item #3 proves my point. An insurgent resistance works to some degree against a standing army, but your “state” has already been overrun at that point. ...so you’ve lost your freedom and security, hence any arms that you managed to hide did not serve the defense of your country in this scenario.

goalie31 Byzantine Catholic
05/30/18 10:36 am

They serve to be able to reclaim it. The Revolutionary war was made possible because the people were armed and able to take their land

SuperAgain They lie, Get Over It
05/30/18 7:38 pm

That was then, but this is now. Exactly how are you going to reclaim your land from an invading modern military force with personal weapons of any kind? Sniper? ...they hunt you down and you die. Direct assault? ...you die in a blaze of glory. Defensive position? ...an airstrike takes you, and many around you, out. Form an ad hoc unit? ...you all make a better target and you die. So, what’s it going to be?