keyannawinston May 30th, 2018 9:51am

Good Morning Gentlemen, if you have never dated a woman of color what are the characteristics you assume that would deter you and what are the characteristics you assume might be pleasing if you had. I hope for honesty no matter how brutal it may be.

Millerj90 Oregon
06/05/18 11:09 pm

Great personality, funny, knows her worth

lj74
05/30/18 3:15 pm

Great personality and loyalty are attractions

ozzy
05/30/18 11:52 am

I dated a beautiful black girl in high school. She had amazing lips.

PhxLibertarian Republic of Dave
05/30/18 11:28 am

Same characteristics I look for in any woman. Smart, has her shit together, can tolerate my sense of humor and likes kids.

I have dated several woc. Even have a 3 year old with one of them.

voc I am...what I am
05/30/18 9:30 am

I’d like her to be breathing, and without a penis. And what color are we talking? I guess I wouldn’t want to date a vomit green woman. Other than that, as long as she isn’t so fugly I cant stand looking at her and she has a great sense of humor, I’m good with whatever.

ozzy
05/30/18 11:53 am

Captain Kirk dated a green woman. Don’t knock it till you try it. Lol

voc I am...what I am
05/31/18 6:13 am

Yeah but she was a sexy green, not a puke green.

mfjd1948 rural johnson co iowa
05/30/18 9:26 am

I have found a high number of women of color very attractive. I have just never had any willing to date me. This was all over 40 years ago before I was married.

commonsense Never over
05/30/18 9:12 am

I’ve dated and married a woman of color.
The only complaint or difficulty was her family.

When I was first introduced she took me to a family bbq. All of the older folks were gathered in a large 1/2 circle of chairs. And they didn’t talk to me just examined me. I was very uncomfortable.

After that day, most of them were very kind.

DunkinFrunk Austin area, Texas
05/30/18 8:03 am

I grew up in NYC and race was never an issue. It wasn’t until I joined the military and went to other areas of the country that I began to see just how racist people really are.

sea California
05/30/18 7:37 am

After attending a high school that was about half black, I came to the conclusion that black girls were not for me. In general they are very loud and argumentative which is a real big turn off for me. (Can you imagine being nagged all the time??) Also race constantly comes up (like they are always perceiving them selves as victims) so that would be a turn off as well. And lastly, tied into that racism worldview was that they didn’t try very hard at school but rather complained all the time. Major turn off. Of course not all of them were like this but a significant percentage seemed to be that way.

orgblu10 Shamerica
05/30/18 6:29 am

The only women of color I dated were Hispanic and Asian, and all I ever really cared about was being accepted and not treated like some kind of curiosity because I was a white guy. The cultural differences turned out to be not a big deal.
About black women, I never dated one. But I hear you on the outspokenness. I worked in a big office of about 100 employees. About a dozen were black women, who turned out to be my closest confidants. I was known for being outspoken, so we ended up gravitating to each other. I might have dated one in particular if we weren't both already seeing other people.

ctskapski NB MD
05/30/18 6:22 am

But for me it's mostly about interests, so as long as we can do fun stuff together and get along, the rest is just flavoring.

FarmerManE djent
05/30/18 6:05 am

I grew up in what is basically an all white town. Im not used to seeing poc, so its something that just hits my eyes strangely. I dont mean that in a negative way, its just my mind is only used to seeing white skin.

Brrrrrrrrr
05/30/18 5:50 am

Quick question tho... is yellow a color?

rons screw politicians
05/30/18 4:21 am

Didn’t know any. Anyway my father thought Italians were people of color!
I-never thought about it. I always had a yen for the blue eye blonde so I married a Finn.

KellyDimples You know the thing
05/30/18 4:12 am

I dated a few women in my younger days, but never a black woman.

KellyDimples You know the thing
05/30/18 5:10 am

I'm just not physically attracted to most black women. Or most 'ethnic' looking women either. I have a very specific taste in women. Doesn't mean I have anything against those races, I can't control what I'm attracted to.

KellyDimples You know the thing
05/30/18 5:42 am

I'm much less particular in my taste in men, for some reason. I'm attracted to different types of men.

Donaldo the trick never treats
05/30/18 4:09 am

I don’t think I’d be accepted. Especially if she’s black, black dudes won’t take to kindly to me dating a black girl. Unless she’s ugly, but even then, I’d get some heat. On the up side, it’s be interesting to be that close with someone who is from another culture than my own (whether it’s how she currently lives, or just her families historical culture). That and brown skin is nice in my eyes 😍

Axl752 NY
05/30/18 4:38 am

Black men have a problem with white guys that are with Black women?

Axl752 NY
05/30/18 4:52 am

Interesting. My wife is black and I never knew that was a thing. I haven't experienced it personally but makes you wonder what other people might be thinking.

Donaldo the trick never treats
05/30/18 4:56 am

Yea I was into a black coworker awhile ago and my black buddy who we worked with said that I’d get harassed if I went out in public with her. Also, he knew her boyfriend (that son of a bitch lol), and the boyfriend wasn’t threatened by white guys. Didn’t think they could compete with the brothas. She could hang out with white guys but not black guys. Lol not the most “progressive” black neighborhoods where I live.

Axl752 NY
05/30/18 5:04 am

The only disparaging looks I've ever noticed are from elderly white women

Donaldo the trick never treats
05/30/18 5:16 am

Lol no not New York. I’m in Michigan. Next to one of Michigan’s top 10 worst cities. I’d be surprised to get any kind of heat from people in the white areas of the city. Even the black people. But if I were to go downtown or anywhere near the hood, I’d be looking over my shoulder. Even looking out for the white people from those parts. So I believe it’s a culture thing and not a race thing. But I haven’t had the pleasure of seeing first hand that much so I can’t really say

Axl752 NY
05/30/18 5:31 am

Yeah in NY but not new York city. Upstate The Albany area which is basically middle class suburbia.

Yeah we haven't really ever been in the hood but even when I go to places like downtown nyc or other big cities I haven't had any problems.

voc I am...what I am
05/30/18 9:34 am

Donaldo, next to Detroit, flint, or Saginaw?

voc I am...what I am
05/30/18 9:46 am

Grand Rapids, Lansing, or....I can’t think of anything else. I was born and raised in Saginaw. I don’t really consider Lansing or gr to be that bad.

Donaldo the trick never treats
05/30/18 9:50 am

About an hour off of Grand Rapids where we stop in muskegon

voc I am...what I am
05/30/18 9:52 am

Ah. I love that area. Beautiful out that way. Had no idea that was considered bad.

Donaldo the trick never treats
05/30/18 2:14 pm

It’s not bad for the most part. But as I’ve been told by a number of people from the heights and some parts of downtown- don’t go through there unless you’re with someone from that area.

phalnx Ohio
05/30/18 4:07 am

Oh, I dunno...I guess a nappy-headed Afro or a Jheri Curl, or dinner plates in her lips might turn me off, or if she looks like Shirley Hemphill from 'What's Happening'.

I have heard from more than one person who should know that Black women have tighter orgasms than others. If that's true, I'd be curious to experience that. My wife puts on a pretty strong squeeze herself...if it's significantly stronger than that, it'd flatten me out like a squashed worm...but it'd be worth it.

phalnx Ohio
05/30/18 4:11 am

Oh, DATING...that's entirely different. I'd like the frank, open conversation that Black women are known for in most circles, and that you exemplify here. A refreshing change from more demure and gun-shy women.

zimmy Florida
05/30/18 3:57 am

I haven’t dated a woman of color, but had lots of sex with many, so I should I answer this?

zimmy Florida
05/30/18 4:09 am

Well I’m very attracted to women of color, and guess it’s just the way the dice rolled I ended up with a white woman, but maybe the different cultural aspects would be a deterrent, but that could be a plus as well. If her family was religious that would be difficult for me( but that’s white too) so I guess not me ch difference for me either way.

zimmy Florida
05/30/18 4:10 am

Last sentence should read- I guess there is not much difference either way.

bartman71 USW
05/30/18 3:27 am

Being married to a black woman, I don't think there was that much to it. Basically, I approached it the same as any other woman. There are differences sure. But the same things either attracted or deterred me.

bartman71 USW
05/30/18 4:44 am

I will try. On average, they are more assertive, and that can be good, because I think sometimes it makes up for the opposite outcome, giving in. I've noticed some of the louder ones tend to embellish things too often. Knowing when and when not to "go ghetto" is a talent not everyone has. I don't know. My wife will be real with you, but she's gonna know what she's talking about, and I think that's important. She is genuine, and self assured. This is not only attractive to me, but obviously others, as she almost infectious to people who meet her.

jlong105 Indiana
05/30/18 3:11 am

In my experience, black women tend to be on the vocally louder. I tend to speak quietly and rarely raise my voice. This would be the biggest turn off for me. Barring that, I find darker complexion to be beautiful and would have no issue dating women of color if my wife would allow it.

jlong105 Indiana
05/30/18 3:28 am

Could be. I just don’t like being talked over in a normal conversation and that has been my experience. But I guarantee that a quieter voice will be heard by my ears at least.

mark4
05/30/18 3:36 am

Same here. My wife often lapses into her classroom voice, and I’ll stand it for a while but eventually have to tell her to lower the volume.

mark4
05/30/18 4:41 am

No, she realizes it when I point it out. I’m very blessed. We’ve been married for 40 years and have had many disagreements, and too many petty irritations, but never a knock down drag out yelling spree.

To the point of your poll, the black woman I dated wasn’t loud.