Jack55 May 30th, 2018 3:21am

Linked is a video with feminists painting with their period blood in response to feeling a societal shaming to hide their menstrual cycle and the negative effects entailed. Is this productive for the feminist/liberation movement or counterproductive?

John1 Florida
05/31/18 8:59 am

F u c k i n g
Gross

RussianThunder Russia and USA
05/31/18 4:09 am

EWWWWWWWWWW🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

lcamino Florida
05/30/18 8:36 pm

I can’t watch that. That’s just disgusting. These are people who will do anything for attention.

shygal47 Florida east coast
05/30/18 7:32 am

Why is it that only men post polls like these? I think the pollster has some serious issues if he thinks this was an appropriate discussion. As a woman, I am offended.

Jack55 Texas
05/30/18 7:37 am

What about this is inappropriate? It’s a legitimate action taken by a feminist group. Feminism is not exclusive to women, men can also be feminists. Things like this I feel are not helping the cause of spreading feminism to men. Also, stay offended I really don’t care.

shygal47 Florida east coast
05/30/18 7:43 am

And this poll does nothing for feminism either. All it did for me was make me sick to my stomach. If you are looking just to embarrass women for natural functions, you succeeded.
I am thoroughly disgusted.

Jack55 Texas
05/30/18 7:47 am

Yes, you’re right this poll does nothing for feminism. As is true that no poll on this app does anything for any movement. It’s all dispensable. And no, I’m not trying to shame women for their menstrual cycles where have I ever implied that? I simply brought up an action that a feminist group has done, and asked the SOH community if it was good for the feminist movement or bad. That’s it. You get so offended by everything I don’t get it. A poll makes you sick to your stomach? No, cut that out it doesn’t fool anybody. I’m not in the business of shaming women, just asking people how they feel about this.

Jazzy5 USA
05/30/18 5:07 am

It’s disgusting!

NemoDude Dead, at this point
05/30/18 3:41 am

Not a great thing to wake up to.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
05/30/18 2:45 am

I mean, it's symbolic, so it's not pointless. The point is to break with society's taboo concerning menstrual cycles.

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
05/30/18 7:41 pm

What taboo does society have with them?

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
05/30/18 9:22 pm

You made the claim that there is a taboo with the menstrual cycle. So clearly you think there is one. Whats the taboo.

MrsCrayonWax
05/31/18 4:00 am

I’m a woman. I’m not sure what is exactly a taboo. We bleed, some of us, so much that it affects our daily lives. If the argument is that we are somehow discouraged from naturally bleeding (an argument I’ve heard) and required to use tampons or pads, that’s bullshit. Blood is a dangerous bodily fluid and we can’t be a society that just tolerates women soiling every surface. What else is taboo? Sex while on a period? Gross, no thank you. Talking about periods with men? Why would they care about something they don’t experience? I’m not sure what taboos need to be smashed that painting with your blood is appropriate. And I thought Andy Warhol’s semen painting was gross too.

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
05/31/18 5:57 am

Andy Warhol had a semen painting?😳😳

MrsCrayonWax
05/31/18 6:07 am

I had the good fortune of visiting his gallery/museum in Pittsburgh.

historylover
05/30/18 12:59 am

If you need to share that type of personal information with someone and he is rude, put him on your blacklist and move on. Otherwise, keep it to yourself. Everyone has bodily functions, and most people do not want to hear about yours—and sure as hell don’t want to see them. Whatever happened to being a decent human being? I believe there was a poll recently about calling people trashy. . . Well, here you go.

shygal47 Florida east coast
05/30/18 7:29 am

☝️ could not have said it better.

gluxford1 Arizona
05/29/18 11:22 pm

Sounds like mental illness more than it does feminism. Oh wait...those are the same thing these days. My bad. Pardon the redundancy,

Kyle5 TN
05/29/18 11:06 pm

It’s disgusting. I don’t want to see people paint with any blood, period. 👀

HtheC South Florida
05/29/18 8:25 pm

Who shames a woman for having her period? Can’t remember a time I’ve heard a woman being shamed for being on her cycle.

Jack55 Texas
05/29/18 8:26 pm

The video talks about how women are ashamed to admit they’re on their period to their peers, typically men. And how men will often say “are you on your period” when a women is just a little bit off. Idek honestly but I wouldn’t recommend watching the video it’s disgusting.

Krystina President Elect Krystina
05/31/18 12:59 am

Why on earth would any woman want to tell men (like any man who they’re not very personally close with) that they have their period? There’s no reason. Do you go around telling your peers when you have the runs or any other personal bodily functions that aren’t so pleasant? No. Why this? Ugh. I freakin can’t stand today’s feminists. They are a complete embarrassment to my gender.