John1 May 29th, 2018 11:04pm

For anyone who has ever moved from their home state to another. Was it difficult leaving your family? How did you cope?

PrincessMelody Libertarian Left
05/30/18 9:49 am

Well I was back in California with a family that made fun of and insulted many times. I had a girlfriend in Toronto who's family accepted me. So uh. I think you know where I am for now, lmao.

OsakaWaves East Coast
05/30/18 7:48 am

I was ready to leave for years. I visit my family very frequently but I do a lot better on my own.

Cherepaxa Thirdworld and firstworld
05/30/18 7:07 am

My family threw me out in high school and practically disowned me.

Lemme tell ya, it was real hard šŸ™„

ovcourse Its Like a Journey
05/29/18 9:41 pm

It was difficult to leave my family, and maybe even more difficult to leave my friends. After maybe three years, I was pretty much over it. I had created a whole new life that demanded my attention full time.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
05/29/18 7:32 pm

It’s always difficult to leave family and friends, but in the case of family it can be as much good as bad, and in the case of friends, miles and years just don’t matter. If you’d have stayed close when living close, you’ll stay close no matter where you physically are. Email, Skype, phone, and eagerly looked-forward-to visits. Moving as often as it takes to find the perfect spot for you is just part of life. Until you are right where you want to be, you know you will be moving on sooner or later.

John1 Florida
05/30/18 8:56 am

Thank you, that makes me feel better. It's all about effort I suppose.

bringstheeagle Colorado
05/29/18 7:31 pm

Wasn’t the slightest bit difficult for me it was for my wife. As the years have gone by and I’ve returned for funerals and just generally it’s become more difficult. Still no plan to return.

dale41 Lets play two
05/29/18 6:06 pm

I've done it 3 times now. it doesn't get easier and this last move really made it evident how bad I want to get closer to home.

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
05/29/18 5:54 pm

Iļø haven’t, but it’s the one thing keeping me from moving. Iļø want to go florida but that means leaving all my friends and family.

shygal47 Florida east coast
05/29/18 5:52 pm

Not a problem. I left a note on the kitchen table. It said dinner was in the frig and ready to be popped in the oven, two more big meatloaves were in the freezer, and I'd call in a few days because I was going to FL. Hmmm.... maybe 1969?

tokala
05/29/18 5:32 pm

I coped by having $1000 phone bills from all the calling home I did. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Too bad phone service wasn’t like it is now, with free long distance. šŸ˜Š

commonman1 Peace
05/29/18 4:58 pm

I’m retired and go back three times a year and usually one of my kids visits me every year. It not the best but I do enjoy my life in the sun so much more than sitting at home in the rain šŸŒ§.

Robert97206 Portland Oregon
05/29/18 4:12 pm

Shit. Heart goes out to you, that is exactly why I haven't moved.

EarlyBird Portland
05/29/18 4:10 pm

I thought of it as a big adventure. It wasn’t hard for me.