TheMadScientist the mad laboratory
05/29/18 5:15 pm

Autism is great because people with autism are secretly superheroes. It’s just that sometimes they are Hulk.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
05/29/18 7:03 pm

Kind of an apt description sometimes lol

TheMadScientist the mad laboratory
05/30/18 4:51 am

No, RT, every time. Through our autism program at school I have met the Flash, Wonder Woman, Kitty Pride, the Animaniacs, Beast Boy, Wolverine, Xavier, Batman, Rouge, Atom Man, Metal Mario (agnotologically speaking), the Invisible Woman, Superman, and ...and...and never Sonic.

That last one would crush them.

But my point is that these people are all super heroes all the time. They can’t turn it off. They only switch from one hero to the next and sometimes, God love ‘em, they’re the wrong one for the moment. They don’t have access to the super power they need - but it’s there. They know it is; you can see they know.

...oh, gawd, I almost forgot, we have one kid in the program who styles himself as an anime character. Literally, with the hair and the makeup and ...it’s so mind blowing how much he puts into everything he does.

Yeah. Sorry. Kind of a rant. Kind of out of my lane. But I feel strongly about this one. #endrant

RussianThunder Russia and USA
05/30/18 9:09 am

In public school I sat next to a guy who was obsessed with sonic. He was an artist and he drew sonic.
Another guy draws a “supercookie” cartoon series. They are like cat creature with powers but named of cookies. It’s really weird.

phalnx Ohio
05/29/18 5:08 pm

That's why we usually have to say something to our son 2-3 times before he gets it.

SoCalGal
05/29/18 5:01 pm

My son, who has adhd and other “hidden” disabilities, can totally related to the one on the right.

paranoidandroid beantown scientist lady
05/29/18 4:01 pm

I like the one on the right. It can apply to other issues that people can face too so it resonates.