goalie31 May 29th, 2018 9:44pm

A purposeful abortion is rarely, if ever, required for healthcare. Receiving a treatment while pregnant, that may harm the fetus, is the proper measure.

ozzy
05/29/18 2:56 pm

Agree with the first sentence. Not sure what the second means. Can you elaborate please?

goalie31 Byzantine Catholic
05/29/18 2:58 pm

Example: If a woman needs chemo, she can get chemo even if it can harm/kill the baby

Praetorianus Fair enough.
05/29/18 4:36 pm

Treatment is in order for serious cases. If you need chemo, you have cancer. If untreated, it may result in your and the fetus' death.
So risk therapy, it's different from abortion which kills the fetus 100%.
If viable, induce premature labor before chemo and have the preemie put in the incubator.

thatguy2 I am Antifa
05/29/18 2:53 pm

I’m not the one making medical claims.

goalie31 Byzantine Catholic
05/29/18 2:56 pm

It's kind of a well know fact 99% of abortions are elective and for convienence and not for rape, incest, or the mother's life... I'm not making an extreme claim here. I said "rarely". Do you know what rarely means?

deistt
05/29/18 3:05 pm

So what... it’s a constitutional right to an abortion . Just like buying a gun.

goalie31 Byzantine Catholic
05/29/18 3:08 pm

It was interpretated as safe, legal, and RARE By those judges.

thatguy2 I am Antifa
05/29/18 3:08 pm

It’s not a fact, but I don’t care if it’s rare or not.

goalie31 Byzantine Catholic
05/29/18 3:46 pm

What that tells me is 983/1000 abortions aren't healthcare related. I'd call that a majority.

I don't really care what you care about. You asked me to backup my statement and I did. You chose to ignore facts

kscott516 Fact checker
05/29/18 3:48 pm

Where does the Constitution mention abortion?

goalie31 Byzantine Catholic
05/29/18 3:50 pm

He's referencing RvW. The worst active Supreme Court ruling in the history of the country, I'd argue ever since no other Supreme Court ruling let to the genocide of a quarter of a generation

thatguy2 I am Antifa
05/29/18 3:50 pm

The link says 4% are for the woman’s health, and the rape/invest numbers are gonna be underreported.

goalie31 Byzantine Catholic
05/29/18 4:14 pm

Can you not read? From the chart

rape or incest 0.4-1.3%
mother has health problems 3%

*possible fetal health problems 3% (bad excuse)
*unready for responsibility 21% (bad excuse)
*is too immature or young to have child 11% (bad excuse)
*woman's parents want her to have abortion 0.5% (bad excuse)
*has problems with relationship or wants to avoid single parenthood 12* (bad excuse)
*husband or partner wants her to have abortion 1% (bad excuse)
*has all the children she wanted or all children are grown 8% (bad excuse)
*can't afford baby now 21% (bad excuse)
*concerned about how having baby would *change her life 16% (bad excuse)
*doesn't want others to know she had relations or is pregnant 1% (bad excuse)

goalie31 Byzantine Catholic
05/29/18 4:14 pm

Also I want to know what qualifies as a "health problem"... Back pains? Morning sickness?

goalie31 Byzantine Catholic
05/29/18 4:16 pm

It says risk to maternal life is 0.1% in the summary of the report. So 99.9% of abortions have nothing to do with saving the mother's life

thatguy2 I am Antifa
05/29/18 4:22 pm

The more recent chart says 4%, but even using 3% mean your 98.3% elective number is wrong, but hey, when you’re a misogynist asshoIe trying to dictate women’s lives, why let math get in the way, right?

goalie31 Byzantine Catholic
05/29/18 4:35 pm

Rape would still be elective dumbass

thatguy2 I am Antifa
05/29/18 4:40 pm

What’s 100 minus 3? Get your mom to help you. I’ll wait.

goalie31 Byzantine Catholic
05/29/18 6:19 pm

Maybe you need help learning to read fuckwit. In the summary the explicitly stated the 98.3 number I used.