snagglepuss May 29th, 2018 9:00pm

Have you tried the new wraps at Subway?

susanr Colorado
06/02/18 7:03 pm

I haven’t even heard about them. I don’t get to Subway very often any more, but the next time I do I’ll be sure to take a look.

I really try to go to locally owned places when I can - partly just to support local businesses, and partly because there are a lot of really *good* local places here with interesting and pretty healthful choices, and many are responsive to customers’ suggestions.

My favorites for sandwich-type stuff are Fiona’s deli, which has about 50 kinds of sandwich combinations on great breads, plus a handful of soups and salads (and a full dessert bakery selection), and Spoons, a small local chain (4 or 5 locations, at least 2 on campus) which has about an equal number of soups, salads and sandwiches. Most of the sandwiches are on their own freshly made focaccia. All are really interesting concoctions.

I’ve been to both places this week (actually, Thursday and Friday) and I feel *very* well fed.

06/02/18 8:02 pm

My little rural community has a family restaurant, Subway and bar and grills.

I tend to switch off between the family restaurant and Subway.

Sometimes I drive to Eau Claire for Chinese, Italian, Mexican.

...

06/02/18 8:03 pm

Eau Claire is about a half hour to forty minutes, depending on traffic.

susanr Colorado
06/03/18 6:50 pm

I guess we’re fortunate here in Fort Collins with so many restaurants, and many of them locally owned. Also a lot of craft breweries in the area (it’s been called “The Napa Valley of Beer”), so there are also pubs and small restaurants that serve either the local brews or their own that never even gets bottled. But we also have a pretty full contingent of national and regional chain restaurants as well. I’m sure part of all that is because of the university, but the town itself has been growing awfully fast so the restaurants just keep multiplying. A few go out of business every year, but they’re quickly replaced.

Until this year, we would stop at Subway to pick up a to-go lunch when we went to the Wild Animal Sanctuary, a place way out in the middle of nowhere SE of here and a bit NE of Denver; it was really the only place all 3 of us could agree on (my daughter is vegetarian). They’ve developed better food service on site so we didn’t stop at Subway this year.

pedwingeorge Benson IL
05/29/18 4:34 pm

I like the rotisserie chicken wrap with spinach olives and mayo

05/29/18 8:09 pm

I haven’t tried their rotisserie chicken.

Texas1 location
05/29/18 4:27 pm

I used to enjoy Subways until I discovered Firehouse Subs, idk how they do it, but they are way better than Subways....

05/29/18 8:10 pm

I like Firehouse Subs but they are 28 miles away. Subway is about a mile away.

Texas1 location
05/29/18 11:34 pm

I’m in the same boat! Three local subways, firehouse is almost hour drive!

05/30/18 2:13 am

I also like Jimmy Johns but that’s still 24 miles away.

Texas1 location
05/30/18 9:13 am

24 miles, pft, not sure I’d drive that far for fast food, but it’s not uncommon round here to drive much farther than that to get good food. Maybe three hour drive would be my personal max.

05/30/18 12:51 pm

There is a family restaurant about a half mile from me that makes home style food. It’s much better. 😉

lcamino Florida
05/29/18 3:02 pm

I’ve had the flat bread. Is the wrap different? I love the flat bread with tuna. 😋

05/29/18 3:29 pm

Yes, it’s a tortilla wrap. I had the tomato basil wrap. Delicious

lcamino Florida
05/29/18 3:55 pm

Is it soft, not crunchy?

05/29/18 3:58 pm

Yes it’s soft

lcamino Florida
05/29/18 4:15 pm

That looks good!

05/29/18 4:19 pm

I tried the turkey bacon and yes it was very good. I usually get the flatbread but I thought I would try it. I’m glad I did.

lcamino Florida
05/29/18 6:21 pm

I would like turkey bacon too. I really like Subway, but haven’t been lately since I’ve had stomach trouble.

05/29/18 8:11 pm

I hope you feel better. I was sick last week a few days. I lived on soup and Powerade.

05/29/18 2:02 pm

I tried the turkey, bacon wrap. It had guacamole and a hearty portion of turkey. It was really good. I like their tortillas. They are huge like Burracho’s.

paranoidandroid beantown scientist lady
05/29/18 4:09 pm

That’s the only one I’ve tried... bc it’s just so good that I don’t want to try another one. Once I find something I really like I stick to it.

05/29/18 4:23 pm

I don’t do spicy but if I can have it my way lol

05/29/18 2:03 pm

I really like them! 👍🏻

MountainMan82 Pacific Northwest
05/29/18 2:04 pm

Maybe I’ll try them but am trying to save some money

Izzynius
05/29/18 2:00 pm

Yes and I order them more than regular subs now.

05/29/18 2:02 pm

I was impressed with the tortillas they use.