zimmy May 29th, 2018 5:56pm

ABC just canceled Roseanne, because of her racist tweets, I feel this was a bit harsh. Do you think ABC should have canceled Roseanne?

Think Lovin Life
05/29/18 10:01 pm

Yes, and the NFL should fire any player that protests on the job. They should also fire each and every felon.

bartman71 USW
05/29/18 11:30 pm

Only if that is NFL policy.

zimmy Florida
05/30/18 3:51 am

Think- I love how you are being consistent here! 👍

Think Lovin Life
05/30/18 4:03 am

Zim ... it’s not a new thing, but thanks for noticing, buddy!

jvl New Orleans
05/29/18 8:13 pm

The majority of Americans are not bigots. We should not be forced to tolerate racist language or behavior any longer. It’s bad for business and it’s bad for the country.

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
05/29/18 2:17 pm

At first I️ thought I️t was the right call, but after reading the comments, I️t seems like I️t was a bad choice. Kinda sucks for the rest of the cast.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
05/29/18 1:52 pm

I'm surprised they let it go so long. This isn’t even close to her first trumperesque tweet in the last few months.

Zach21 California
05/29/18 1:33 pm

Her tweet was terrible, but overreaction. Now all the cast members are booted because of her.

John1 Florida
05/29/18 1:16 pm

Zim, you're probably the only liberal I know that doesn't overreact to something so stupid.

zimmy Florida
05/29/18 1:22 pm

Yeah it was way overreaction she did apologize, she just has a loose mouth, and ABC new this in the first place.

John1 Florida
05/29/18 1:26 pm

Not trying to start an argument just curious though. Did you find her statement to be racist? If so, would it still be racist if it was said about a white person?

zimmy Florida
05/29/18 2:13 pm

Yeah it was a racist thing to say. However she’s no racist herself, if anyone said something like that it would not be good.

John1 Florida
05/29/18 2:29 pm

I guess I kind of agree with you. I hold the belief that racism is perhaps the most evil ideology to have. To me, calling Roseanne racist for her remarks degrades the word so that it holds less meaning. I feel as though people toss that word around without care. It's definitely a double standard. If a black individual said Roseanne looks like a character from Planet of the Apes, it wouldn't be called racist...and it shouldn't. Inappropriate, yes. Racist, no.

CrzyChica
05/29/18 6:21 pm

If you don’t think an ape reference is racist when speaking of an African American, then you obviously need to brush up on your history, people. Seriously. 😜

CrzyChica
05/29/18 6:22 pm

If you’re not capable of doing a search in the topic yourself with handy dandy Google, I am happy to school you, but really, educate yourselves.

John1 Florida
05/29/18 6:38 pm

Just get it out of your system if it makes you feel better. It's obvious your just dying to get into an argument with somebody. Do your little rant and then be sure to go to bed because I'm sure it's past your bed time.

John1 Florida
05/29/18 6:39 pm

you're*

CrzyChica
05/29/18 6:53 pm

Calling a racist a racist degrades the word...and you’re trying to tell me I’m acting childish. Put on your big boy underoos, dude.

CrzyChica
05/29/18 6:55 pm

Im happy to argue, but no need, really.

xtarite
05/29/18 12:39 pm

They were searching for a way to dump the show...The MSM loves finding ways to cancel their best shows

rons screw politicians
05/29/18 12:35 pm

They were looking for and excuse to dump her. She spoke the truth and it upsets the liberals. I’m sure ABC was attacked by the left. They said “ What the F are you doing”.

zimmy Florida
05/29/18 1:06 pm

I enjoyed the show, so it didn’t upset this liberal

chairsbed
05/29/18 1:48 pm

I enjoyed it too.

I thought it was more balanced than it was reported to be. Conservatives befriending Muslim neighbors and having a cross dressing grandchild seemed to me like they were normalizing these topics

rons screw politicians
05/29/18 2:39 pm

They got a lot of pressure from the other liberal to find an excuse to dump the Number 2 rated show. Hope another station picks it up.

orgblu10 Shamerica
05/29/18 12:18 pm

By shooting off her irresponsible mouth, she threw her entire cast under the bus. See ya.

snagglepuss Story Time
05/29/18 12:07 pm

ABC has to take a stand and protect their bottom line. I respect their decision. I never watched Roseanne. It doesn’t bother me. She has a big mouth and screwed the pooch.

shygal47 Florida east coast
05/29/18 11:47 am

Knee jerk reactions will end up defeating our society.

Odysseus We All Need A Fantasy
05/29/18 11:18 am

You can’t force a racist to not be a racist but you can hurt them financially. Let Donald Trump and his supporters form their own Right Wing Racist TV Network. It will probably do very well in Trump’s America.

commonman1 Peace
05/29/18 11:48 am

Oh my God. Someone here has lost their freakin mind.

Axl752 NY
05/29/18 11:02 am

I'm pretty liberal and I think this was a huge overreaction.

Jack55 Texas
05/29/18 11:08 am

Why is this an overreaction? I don’t really have an opinion on this, but I’m surprised people think this was not deserved. Her words were pretty harsh

4Freedom1776
05/29/18 11:15 am

Wanda Sykes said she hopes rush limbaugh would get cancer and she was a writer for the show but that didn’t mater until Roseanne bashed a member on the left.

Axl752 NY
05/29/18 11:21 am

She's a comedian known for saying outlandish things to get a reaction. Cancelling a hugely successful show for one tweet is definitely overreacting. It's not like she threatened to harm anyone or anything like that.

Jack55 Texas
05/29/18 11:24 am

Axl ... that’s a fair point.
Freedom ... I never heard about that, but I will check it out.

Ebola1 Florida
05/29/18 11:47 am

Agree it was a over reaction but I think they were looking for an excuse to do it. They’d already announced that next season would have less political content.

Pickyoteeth
05/29/18 12:26 pm

If the NFL can ban kneeling, ABC can fire a racist.

Jack55 Texas
05/29/18 12:36 pm

Pick ... the conversation is not whether she can or can’t, it’s whether they should or should not. Of course a company can restrict speech within their own parameters, but some decisions seem contradictory, like Keith Olbermann calling Trump a Nazi psychopath white supremacist, then getting hired by ESPN.

Pickyoteeth
05/29/18 1:48 pm

Wasn't that after he got fired from msnbc?

Jack55 Texas
05/29/18 1:51 pm

Pick ... Not sure! But the fact that he has a history of this, and ESPN hires him anyways is ridiculous. I think bigotry should be treated fairly whether it comes from left or right.
twitter.com/the_war_economy/status/1001533770380521474?s=21

Pickyoteeth
05/29/18 2:00 pm

While we're on the subject reporters, why weren't any of these reporters fired for their controversial statements?

money.cnn.com/2016/11/14/media/breitbart-incendiary-headlines/index.html

Where was the outcry from the right when Limbaugh suggested Obama was a Muslim?

This works both ways. Welcome to the USA.

Ebola1 Florida
05/29/18 2:17 pm

Hillary was the first to suggest that Obama was a Muslim so I don’t think we can hang that on Limbaugh.

Pickyoteeth
05/29/18 2:27 pm

Andy Martin was the first to make the claim in 2004. Not only did Clinton not make this claim, but fired staffers in her campaign that spread emails falsely implying Obama was a Muslim.

Ebola1 Florida
05/29/18 2:32 pm

He was a worker in the HRC campaigns but, in any case, it wasn’t Limbaugh was it?

Pickyoteeth
05/29/18 2:35 pm

I never said Limbaugh started it. Read my original comment. Limbaugh is a reporter and apparently @jack55 believes that only reporters on the left say outlandish/derogatory things and don't get held accountable for it.

4Freedom1776
05/29/18 2:51 pm

Wow what’s wrong with calling a spade a spade.

4Freedom1776
05/29/18 2:53 pm

Limbaugh is NOT a reporter he’s said it a hundred times if he’s said it once. He’s a conservative talk show radio host.

Ebola1 Florida
05/29/18 2:58 pm

He’s not a reporter.

Jack55 Texas
05/29/18 3:06 pm

Pick ... get your facts straight I never said that, stop putting words in my mouth. I completely understand Roseanne getting sacked, what she said was bigoted and hateful. What I don’t understand is how people on the left are NOT held to the same standard (like Joy Reid).

Pickyoteeth
05/29/18 4:38 pm

Excuse me, political commentator. Keith Olbermann and Limbaugh were in the same line of work.

As for joy Reid, liberals called for her to be fired. She should be fired. LGBT groups abandoned her and openly criticized her. I don't see the double standard here. Criticize msnbc for not firing her, but don't criticize liberals for not condemning it.

Pickyoteeth
05/29/18 4:40 pm

Kathy Griffin was fired for what she did by CNN. Polling on this app asked if she should have been fired and 81% of dems said yes!

Jack55 Texas
05/30/18 7:52 am

Pick ... Yes human beings are fairly consistent across Party lines. And it is good that Joy Reid received flack for her comments & attempt to cover them up. But I’m talking about how the left specifically don’t face repercussions in their like of work. Some do, of course. However it seems they are often not fired whereas a conservative or right winger IS fired. Could just be my bias, but that’s how it seems these days. Do you feel the same?

Pickyoteeth
05/30/18 2:32 pm

I would disagree with you. I felt like laura Ingraham should've been fired for what she said about David hogg. It didn't happen. I supported the NFL players kneeling, and that was banned.

I think this sort of thing happens on both sides of the isle and b/c we are inherently biased, we tend to notice/remember the ones that reaffirm our biases. It's arduous for anyone (of either party) to take a step back and see the hypocrisy within the party/constituents they support.

Pickyoteeth
05/30/18 2:54 pm

She was mocking him. For example, your mother may be dead, but I wouldn't tweet and say "ebola's mom is dead and he whines about it." The truth can be used in a disparaging way. Can't believe I have to explain how the English language works to people who get offended if they hear anything other than English inside the US border...

MrsCrayonWax
05/29/18 11:00 am

Damn you Zimmy! You got the poll first! Lol

zimmy Florida
05/29/18 11:08 am

😂🤣😂🤣🤣🤣, sitting in the airport bored

Ebola1 Florida
05/29/18 11:44 am

There’s about three in a row on the same subject.

Ebola1 Florida
05/29/18 11:43 am

I agree they shouldn’t have canceled it.