lolpolitics May 29th, 2018 2:19pm

should nfl players be allowed to kneel during the anthem?

ronderman North Carolina
05/29/18 6:55 pm

It’s costing the NFL hundreds of millions of dollars. What company would put up with that?

meow1177
05/29/18 10:22 am

Sorry, you’re in work time, do it on your time off. If it was a secretary, a bank clerk, a plumber employer would say not while in the clock. Same thing. Don’t disrespect our military, country and citizens. These guys have several months to get out there, be activists, donate, volunteer, but that doesn’t seem to happen. Just self entitled making it about them out there and getting attention.

zimmy Florida
05/29/18 9:39 am

I’m for freedom so yes! people are just going to do things we don’t like, if we would have ignored them from the beginning, the issue would be over already.

PhxLibertarian Republic of Dave
05/29/18 11:06 am

They are at work. Their employer should be setting the standard of performance at work. If the owners say it is ok, then it is. If they don't it isnt.

The cashier at Whataburger would get fired if they spewed their politics to everyone who shows up to buy wataburger's product. NFL players aren't special. The same standards apply.

Bears
05/29/18 7:27 am

I just want this issue to be over.

I think it’s cool though that they kneel to bring awareness to an issue.

However it’s on company time and if it costs the company money I can see why they put the rules in place to prevent that.

STONEYTJONES Indiana
05/29/18 7:23 am

Not on the field or sidelines. They can stay in the locker room and do whatever they want. Or even better, they could just quit. Give up those millions and get a real job if the NFL is so bad.

mitchman399 Oregon
05/29/18 9:04 am

Can you explain why a player kneeling effects you so much? For me I'm pretty much indifferent since it has pretty much zero effect on my life. I don't see why people get so up in arms about it.

STONEYTJONES Indiana
05/29/18 9:41 am

That isn’t the time or place.

These crybabies play 16 games a year. Maybe a few more for the playoffs. They’re paid millions. But they pretend they are somehow victims. Fuck them.

Why do they need to disrespect the country that made it possible for them to be millionaires?

mitchman399 Oregon
05/29/18 9:46 am

Aren't they trying to raise awareness for victims who don't have a voice that can reach millions of people?

Also I still don't see why it has such a negative impact on the viewer. It's a man kneeling on a tv screen. To me it seems like it should have zero impact on someone's life. Or at least not create the outrage that there has been.

WorstGooEver Nuke the Hurricanes
05/29/18 10:16 am

Sidney, your statement reveals that you have no idea why they are kneeling.

STONEYTJONES Indiana
05/29/18 10:32 am

“Aren't they trying to raise awareness for victims who don't have a voice “

No. They are turning people against the cause they pretend to care about by disrespecting our country. If they want to start protests in the streets let them. They have plenty of money and celebrity to have huge protests. Why don’t they do that? Too much effort?

mitchman399 Oregon
05/29/18 12:06 pm

Can you honestly say that if you had a cause that you were passionate about and had a platform to reach millions of people you would not use the platform? They are protesting and it's obvious that doing it on national tv will get it more attention than a march down a city street.

I still don't understand why it makes you so angry though. It doesn't cause you any harm.

STONEYTJONES Indiana
05/29/18 12:18 pm

They are at “work”.
Nobody wants to pay to go to the game and watch a bunch of rich athletes pretend they are victims.

mitchman399 Oregon
05/29/18 12:30 pm

But they aren't even pretending to be victims. They are raising awareness for victims who aren't being heard.

Even then I still don't see why it makes you so upset. Their job isn't to be patriotic and have unwavering support for all American policies. Their job is to play football, which they still do. Why does their protest upset you so much?

STONEYTJONES Indiana
05/29/18 1:10 pm

Yes they are pretending to be victims.

Their job isn’t to protest either. They don’t have to stand. They are allowed to stay in the locker room and do whatever they want.

mitchman399 Oregon
05/29/18 4:01 pm

If you have no problem with them staying in the locker room or doing something else then why do you get so worked up if they are kneeling?

STONEYTJONES Indiana
05/29/18 4:42 pm

Because when they are on the field in view of the crowd they should be standing not protesting. If they are not out in view then oh well.

mitchman399 Oregon
05/30/18 9:29 am

Why? Are you required to stand for the national anthem at your job?

STONEYTJONES Indiana
05/30/18 9:56 am

If they played it and announced over the intercom for everyone to please stand then yes I probably would be. But I wouldn’t have to be forced to.
I can guarantee you though that I cannot protest at my job. If I did I would justifiably be fired.