geoag02 May 29th, 2018 11:47am

Another day, another round of rocket attacks directed at Israel. There have been 9 so far in the past couple of minutes. If unguided missiles were being fired at the United States, would you be as patient as Israel has been?

geoag02 Dallas, TX
05/29/18 7:17 pm

Total is now 294.

Guess they haven’t gone to bed yet, and it is past 4:00 am over there.

shygal47 Florida east coast
05/29/18 5:57 pm

I take it you have nothing better to do?
There's a great show on Animal Planet to help you occupy your time rather than counting bombs. You would have gotten very tired of counting during WWII.

geoag02 Dallas, TX
05/29/18 6:05 pm

Just a public service since the media won’t report it. Also this is the first time I have seen it go past 40. I was kinda curious how high it would go myself.

shygal47 Florida east coast
05/29/18 4:48 pm

If they are unguided how do the rockets find their way here?

geoag02 Dallas, TX
05/29/18 4:51 pm

They don’t. They are being shot at Israel from just across the border.

shygal47 Florida east coast
05/29/18 5:55 pm

But the poll said unguided rockets coming to the US ... hence, my question.

geoag02 Dallas, TX
05/29/18 6:02 pm

Oh, I see. That part was hypothetical. I am perpetually amazed that Israel has been living with neighbors like this and has not completely destroyed them long ago.

shygal47 Florida east coast
05/29/18 6:10 pm

I'm not.
They are surrounded by countries that not only do not like Jews, the orthodox Muslims believe they have been instructed by Mohammed to either convert or kill non-Muslims. Israel was granted a Homeland by the winners of WWII and the Brits. The fact that the losers of WWII, which includes semites of the Muslim faith, meant that their territory was forfeit and they could not, and still do not, accept that. The Balfour Declaration is the real reason orthodox Muslims of every flavor hate the West and Jews. And then they hate each other because of the various Muslim sects that just can't get along - kinda like during the early Protestant movement where each section hated everybody. They are very touchy people in the Levant.

shygal47 Florida east coast
05/29/18 6:13 pm

Wherever it says section is supposed to say "sect" ... I really hate autocorrect.