CMChristian May 28th, 2018 8:40pm

Happy memorial day guys. My brother, who had served three years in the army, Is coming from New York to spend time with the family. Are you celebrating the holiday with any family military vets?

Injectable Mojave Mo Problems
05/29/18 8:25 am

I didn’t. My brother is currently deployed.

CMChristian gone
05/29/18 8:27 am

God bless๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

BatuRaja looking for truth
05/29/18 5:53 am

No, but remembering my late father who served. ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

shygal47 Florida east coast
05/28/18 7:13 pm

No - they are all dead.
I take care of graves on and off year round - not just one day.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
05/28/18 6:23 pm

Technically I am and do, but not just one day a year, 24/7-365.

lightsabr2 The Wild Blue Yonder
05/28/18 6:20 pm

Yeah, with my dang self. Acknowledged it’s not about us today, it’s about the fallen. The one I’ve known best died not in combat, but in a motorcycle wreck just one short month after returning from deployment. However, there’s one I always remember. Story time. My last deployment was in Kuwait. Imagine my surprise to learn just a couple hours north of us was Camp Buehring. The post is named in honor of Lt Col Chad Buehring. I knew him. Not as “Lt Col”, but as “Mr. Buehring”, one of the other assistant scoutmasters of the BSA Troop I volunteered with (before I even enlisted). Chad was KIA in Oct ‘03 in Baghdad when his building came under RPG attack. Not being the “lead from the rear” type, he was helping evacuate the premises when an explosion came too close, and he caught a bad case of shrapnel. I was at his memorial, his sons were in our scout troop, and I’ll always remember the sounds of a bugle playing Taps that afternoon.

DunkinFrunk Austin area, Texas
05/28/18 5:00 pm

Nope, I’m the only living veteran in my family.

susanr Colorado
05/28/18 2:09 pm

No. I don't have any such relatives still alive. (My dad and some uncles, including one who was a flying ace, all served in WWII.) I'll be spending the rest of the day with the only 2 friends who are anywhere within miles of me; they're both retired cops (and my local family members are in another state; I'm housesitting for them).

gluxford1 Arizona
05/28/18 1:57 pm

Unfortunately I’ll be spending this holiday alone. Tell your brother thank you for me! ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ