polster2 May 28th, 2018 8:34pm

An experiment was run where scientists showed 2 groups of white Americans a report saying that white people would soon be the minority. One group was told whites would still lead society; one group wasn’t. The group that wasn’t moved to the right.

05/28/18 5:34 pm

The results would be the same using ANY ethnic group or race.

05/28/18 6:07 pm

White people are in charge of America, and yet black people haven’t moved much to the right.

05/29/18 3:16 am

Whites have been the majority from day one.

05/29/18 4:16 am

Logical reasoning is not one of polster’s abilities.

05/29/18 4:30 am

So you’re both admitting that conservativism in America is meant to keep white people in charge. And yet you guys are both conservative. So you guys are white supremacists, huh?

05/29/18 4:35 am

You and KScott just admitted that the purpose of the Republican Party is to keep white people in charge. You two are both Republicans. Therefore, you both are white supremacists.

05/29/18 4:44 am

LOL! “You and KScott just admitted that the purpose of the Republican Party is to keep white people in charge.”

Show me where either of us said that and I’ll send you a check for $500.

And I’m not a Republican. I’m a libertarian.

See? Logical reasoning is impossible for you.

05/29/18 4:46 am

“The results would be the same using ANY ethnic group or race.”

Did you not say this exact quote?

05/29/18 4:52 am

He did say that and he's categorically wrong. Every other group is already used to not having any power. The reason for this study is that people who enjoy total power get increasingly fearful when they are worried they may lose a small portion of that power. In other words loss of total power to them feels like loss of all power, so they start chanting build the wall.

05/29/18 4:58 am

Yes, I clearly did say that. Great work, detective!

Now, back to your lie. Show us where we said that “the purpose of the Republican Party is to keep white people in charge.”?

05/29/18 4:59 am

“The reason for this study is that people who enjoy total power get increasingly fearful when they are worried they may lose a small portion of that power.”

Boy, that sure sounds A LOT like what I originally said. 😂😆🤣

05/29/18 5:01 am

No, it doesn't at all, if thats what you meant maybe you should clarify or defer to my statement as the one you meant to say.

05/29/18 5:02 am

The Republican Party is conservative. There is a perception among the population, including you, that conservatism is meant to keep one race of people in charge. In America, it’s white people. We’ve seen that with Trump’s presidency. He’s shown antipathy toward Muslims, blacks, and Hispanics like no other president in modern history. You know all of this, you admitted your racism already, you got caught, and now you’re lying about it.

05/29/18 5:03 am

If that's what you meant to say than polldter is 100% right in stating in this country, with this majority then the republican party does use this fear to stay in power.

05/29/18 5:05 am

And you're not a libertarian, your a Christian authoritarian bishop of the church of trump.

Ebola1 Florida
05/29/18 5:56 am

For one thing the country is not majority Republican. Second, I’m not a Republican. Misinterpreting studies to fit your own agenda is an amateur mistake so I wouldn’t feel too bad about falling into that trap (Adam and Pollster). Just admit it and move on before you embarrass yourself further.

05/29/18 5:58 am

Oh I'm sorry, who did you vote for as your congressman and senator?

05/29/18 5:59 am

And there’s the lie again. “There is a perception among the population, including you, that conservatism is meant to keep one race of people in charge.”

I don’t care about which race is in charge. I care about Christian, conservative and American values. I have nothing against any other ethnic groups or races and neither does Trump. But simpletons like yourselves can only see in black and white. If Trump wants to defend our borders, which encompasses people from ALL ethnicities and races around the world, then he’s a racist. Your hatred for America and anyone that believes in the rule of law and order blinds you to truth. All you’re left with is hyperbole.

05/29/18 6:00 am

Christian conservative values?! Didn't you say you were a libertarian?!

05/29/18 6:01 am

By definition, you’re not a libertarian if you believe that the US should be a Christian theocracy.

05/29/18 6:12 am

Hey, simpletons, I’ve never argued that everyone should live according to my beliefs.

To be more accurate, politically I would be considered a constitutional conservative. That does not conflict with being a Christian.

05/29/18 6:13 am

Nobody said that conflicts with being a Christian. LOL

05/29/18 6:14 am

you said you weren't a republican, you said you were a libertarian. Just admit you lied.

05/29/18 6:16 am

Trump’s tweet yesterday:
"Happy Memorial Day! Those who died for our great country would be very happy and proud at how well our country is doing today," Trump tweeted. "Best economy in decades, lowest unemployment numbers for Blacks and Hispanics EVER (& women in 18years), rebuilding our Military and so much more. Nice!"

Look how much hates blacks and Hispanics. So much that he’s celebrating them working and succeeding more. 😂🤣

05/29/18 6:17 am

Just admit you're a liar so we can debate that point.

05/29/18 6:17 am

I guess you’re unfamiliar with Trump racially discriminating against blacks in the 1970s.

05/29/18 6:18 am

Libertarians and constitutional conservatives flock together.

Don’t talk about lying, rotavele. You’re the biggest liar here.

05/29/18 6:19 am

That's 2 lies in one discussion kscott, you need to keep this under control.

05/29/18 6:20 am

Something tells me you wouldn’t be comfortable with a Muslim president, KScott.

Ebola1 Florida
05/29/18 6:23 am

Adam, are you going to admit your lie about the country being majority Republican?

05/29/18 6:25 am

You may want to go back and re-read what I said.

05/29/18 7:05 am

C’mon, Rita. Admit you’re a fraud. People now know who you are so denying it just makes you look worse.

05/29/18 7:05 am

No, polster, I wouldn’t be comfortable with a Muslim president. What does that have to do with anything?

05/29/18 7:07 am

So you’re a bigot and not a libertarian then. Glad we cleared that up.

05/29/18 7:09 am

LOL! How does that make me a bigot or not a libertarian?

05/29/18 7:10 am

You seriously don’t understand how discriminating based on religion doesn’t make you a bigot?

05/29/18 8:29 am

You wouldn’t vote for someone based solely on their religious beliefs. That is intolerant.

05/29/18 8:30 am

You’re literally a moron.

05/29/18 8:32 am

Says the guy who doesn’t think it’s discriminatory to refuse to vote for someone if they’re a Muslim. LOL!!!

05/29/18 8:37 am

Because you’re intolerant of people from other cultures.

05/29/18 8:45 am

Lol, that’s not how it works. I’m not tolerant of cannibals and headhunter tribes. Are you?

I’m not a Muslim. This country was founded on Christian values. Why would I want a Muslim for President? That does not mean I don’t like Muslims or am intolerant towards them.

I also believe the Boy Scouts should only allow boys in the organization. It doesn’t make me intolerant towards women.

Now I know this logic will fry your brain so take it easy.

05/29/18 8:47 am

Okay, but the Girl Scouts program is inferior, so it kind of means you don’t like women.

05/29/18 9:29 am

Why is it inferior? Is that the fault of the Boy Scouts org, OR does the fault lie with the Girl Scouts’ leadership? This really makes you sound like the bigot. Since the Girl Scouts can’t seem to get their act together, according to you, the Boy Scouts have to change their values and program?

05/29/18 9:31 am

The nature of the girl scouts is sexist by societal design and while the boy scouts are known for camping the girl scouts are known for selling cookies.

Ebola1 Florida
05/29/18 9:43 am

Adam, your animosity towards women is apparent. It’s sad how you try to portray yourself as tolerant yet show your intolerance every time you speak. It’s pathetic really.

05/29/18 9:50 am

You haven't responded to a single thing I have said in here like you've been paying attention, why start now right?

05/29/18 9:54 am

Yes, the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts are discriminatory by design. So are political parties, restrooms, and any social clubs out there. So what?

The Girl Scouts chose to make selling cookies a big part of their organization. Big deal. That helps them bring in more money. Is there anything that you don’t get outraged by?

Ebola1 Florida
05/29/18 9:57 am

LOL 😂. You prove my point. You’re point that the Girl Scouts do nothing but bake cookies and must have the Boy Scouts to be relevant is sexist to say the least and I would think is not appreciated by the Girl Scouts and other women’s groups.

05/29/18 10:01 am

Type girl scout in Google and tell me what the predictions are, it's a simple exercise.

05/29/18 10:17 am

Rotavele and polster, is the NAACP discriminatory?

Ebola1 Florida
05/29/18 10:43 am

Googled it and this is what I found.

Today the pro-girl environment at Girl Scouts is more important than ever, providing a unique, girl-led experience where girls can try new things, develop lifelong skills, take on leadership roles, and feel free to just be themselves.

Nothing much on the cookie angle.

It’s cute that you think that girls need a big strong man to accomplish anything. I don’t share your “keep the biscuits in the oven and your buns in the bed” attitude towards girls and women but I guess that’s just a difference in opinion. I tend more to respect our girls instead of treating them with derision.

05/29/18 10:46 am

Oh man Ebola I asked you to tell me what Google predictions were, now for a Wikipedia description. You're no fun at parties are you.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
05/28/18 3:44 pm

How many participants in both groups? How did they account for any built in prejudices already present? What was the hypothesis of the study? Who funded the study? Age group and gender of participants? Was the social class distribution consistent?

Voxx always reports studies but never talks about real methodology or funding, which are very important.

MachoMatt84 Mountain climbing
05/28/18 6:39 pm

Vox is insanely biased. I enjoy their non political posts, as they often show interesting things. When they talk about anything political they don't even try to be neutral.

Think Lovin Life
05/28/18 3:05 pm

Polster ... yet another dishonest racist poll?

05/28/18 3:10 pm

How is this poll dishonest or racist? It’s merely detailing the results of the study and asking people for their reactions.

pof over my moms knee
05/28/18 3:04 pm

When whites become minorities, America will fall.

05/28/18 3:10 pm

Racist.

pof over my moms knee
05/28/18 3:12 pm

If that is supposed to phase me, you have no idea how generous American immigration is. Trump would be considered a far-left fringe candidate and get laughed out of the polls with his povs.

sjrez Downplay COVID
05/28/18 2:24 pm

I ain’t surprised, but do you have a source?

TheMadScientist the mad laboratory
05/28/18 2:25 pm

There is a link in the question.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
05/28/18 1:40 pm

I don't think it confirms anything that we didn't know before.

thatguy2 I am Antifa
05/28/18 1:39 pm

Not surprised at all. Fear is the driving force behind conservatism.

05/28/18 1:48 pm

They’re afraid they’ll be treated as badly as they currently treat minorities.

thatguy2 I am Antifa
05/28/18 1:50 pm

4JC once said she fears white people wont be treated as well as they’ve treated minorities 🙄

05/28/18 1:51 pm

They treat minorities like crap. LOL

thatguy2 I am Antifa
05/28/18 1:53 pm

I’m well aware. Delusion is also a key component of conservatism.

Think Lovin Life
05/28/18 3:06 pm

Guy ... why would you talk about @4JC behind her back? You appear to be a coward.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/28/18 3:53 pm

Thanks, Think! Thatguy, I don’t remember saying that, but I do know what I’ve experienced when my kids had to go to an all black school. The black kids were allowed to wear shirts to school that said that their ancestors had been enslaved by whites, so they were going to kill whites.

I take issue with this article, by a liberal rag, conducted by college profs, the vast majority of which are liberals. Especially since you apparently missed one of the most important paragraphs:

“To be clear: It’s wrong to conclude from these studies that deep down, all white people harbor extreme animus. The psychologists do not see it that way. On average, Craig says, people in her studies report tolerant attitudes toward minorities. “We’re saying that there’s a [small] relative difference, and that difference is leading toward more negative attitudes,” she says. The effects they find are small in effect size, but consistent.”

...

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/28/18 3:53 pm

2) And the reason that conservatives are against illegal immigrants and immigrants from Muslim countries is NOT because they’re minorities. It’s because illegals are breaking the law in coming here and those from Muslim countries need to be vetted better to prevent terrorism. In fact, Bill & Hillary Clinton said this and got standing ovations, but leftists have taken the Democratic party so far left that they make the Clintons look conservative! They forget that the Clintons said the very same thing DJT is saying! They forget that Obama blocked certain groups from coming in. Or they completely ignore this if they know it, in order to push their agenda.

And I think their supposition that white flight is worse now than it was back in the 60’s is ridiculous!

...

pof over my moms knee
05/28/18 5:22 pm

If you think the US treats minorities like crap, you need to go and see the world. Very America-centric comment. So uneducated.

05/29/18 4:53 am

That's the real fear, that what goes around comes around.