FloridaPopulist May 28th, 2018 7:07pm

The UK is becoming a full scale police state, no freedom of speech, no right to carry, overrun with Muslim criminals who routinely commit crimes and an election system which bars new parties from getting representation. There is no democracy

commonsense Never over
05/29/18 7:59 am

It’s been that way for a long time. Nothing new here.

Gungnir Asator
05/28/18 3:29 pm

Free Tommy!

05/28/18 2:02 pm

True. But don’t you love how the lefts response is to call me racist instead of talk about the freedom of speech abuses

MediaBlackout Carry on, Carry on.
05/28/18 6:14 pm

They’re probably uninformed on the subject. Probably have zero clue about the muslim rape gangs.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
05/28/18 1:31 pm

I'd love revolution. Unfortunately if you're the one leading it, it won't be very revolutionary...

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
05/28/18 2:10 pm

You're admittedly reactionary. Don't pretend to be revolutionary. That's the left's word. Don't appropriate it.

05/28/18 2:56 pm

It’s not really the lefts word, anyone who proposes major change can use it but sure whatever

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
05/28/18 3:05 pm

But revolutionary change is about new, progressive stuff. Conservatives and reactionaries are literally the opposite, and proud. They decry the degeneration of society through the left's abandonment of family values, tradition, preservation of white supremacy, etc. Isn't that sorta your thing? Don't you self identify with reactionary politics? It's just semantics, you may say, but revolutionary is literally the opposite of your beliefs. It just doesn't make sense for you to don that title.

05/28/18 6:06 pm

Elements of reactionary thinking with new ideology. On social issues I want to go back to older ways of thinking on many things but also in a new direction. If we go back exactly how it was 500 years ago in five hundred years we’d be back where we are now.

So yes I advocate reveloutionary change from the current system to a new system which borrows ideas from the old right but not exclusively and even if it was entirely reactionary thought it would still be reveloutionary as it would drastically change our society as it is now.

Many leftist many of which are not as extreme as you share the perception that we are still in a very right wing period of time. We are not. In every aspect except economic we have moved in an anti traditionalist and anti essentialist direction. On economics I’ll grant you the flow of capital has drastically changed the way monetary policy works, and It’s hard to measure how right or left oriented it is. But on economics I’m not a neoliberal

05/28/18 6:11 pm

I’m much more pragmatic, what works, works. I think people and governments should work in their own interests bonded by their cultural and ethnic history as well as values and mutually beneficial relationship.

I think that human beings are animals to their core and must be protected from the elite circles. Above all we must preserve the sanctity of tradition, culture and race.

I oppose the neoliberal world order as you do but in other ways.

Another reason why you may seem more reveloutionary then I, is that many right wing nationalist have recently moved from the fringe into mainstream politics. While communist just the opposite have moved from mainstream conversation to the fringe in recent decades. I don’t need to explain my most radical ideas and see to it that we make more pragmatic necessary change to our current system.

shygal47 Florida east coast
05/28/18 1:25 pm

Today’s conspiracy theory?
I don’t think there is any reason for this hyperbole.

05/28/18 2:01 pm

Google is your friend. How are true stories conspiracy theories youtu.be/4_JTHYAAj_Q

shygal47 Florida east coast
05/28/18 2:05 pm

Good grief. Don't we have enough problems of our own without debating Britain's issues as well?

lj74
05/28/18 3:31 pm

Unfortunately shy, he’s correct.

shygal47 Florida east coast
05/28/18 4:30 pm

As I said in the other poll, I think it’s about time we stop sticking our noses into other countries’ business.
Stop trying to rule the world. There are far more cultures than just ours - they like their culture and we like ours. How would you like it if some other country tried to force an outlook or opinion on US? I wouldn’t like it at all.
Try reading an old book, The Ugly American, by Graham Greene.

lj74
05/28/18 4:58 pm

Shy: I don’t think anyone is “trying to rule the world”, except maybe for Russia and China. In the case of the UK it’s more of a sad statement about one of our allies and what has happened to them since they were overridden by PC.

lj74
05/28/18 5:00 pm

And the book the Ugly American, and what it portrays, is quite passé now; has been since Vietnam.
Now the title is the Ugly European Socialists.

shygal47 Florida east coast
05/28/18 5:04 pm

I see your point. But I still think the US should not stick our nose into another country’s business.
We can be aware of an ally’s events, but I don’t think we have any right to become involved.
But then, I wasn’t born into a 24x7 news world that is constantly looking for something to spotlight - whether it has anything to do with us or not.
MYOB.

shygal47 Florida east coast
05/28/18 5:08 pm

No? I take it there is nothing valuable to be gleaned from Graham’s book? No transferable knowledge? Does that apply to any dated work? Like say The Boys From Brazil? Or the Divine Comedy or Shakespeare’s works or Plato?
Just sayin’ ...

lj74
05/28/18 5:09 pm

I think making a statement about an allies frailties has nothing to do with keeping our nose out of others affairs. We can’t be Pollyanna about a seismic shift in one of our major allies legal posture. Especially since so many Americans tour in the UK annually.

lj74
05/28/18 5:12 pm

We can take info from the novel and use it as a bell weather. But it’s something we have to be aware of as travelers and so we don’t repeat the mistakes of our European cousins.

shygal47 Florida east coast
05/28/18 5:58 pm

I did not mention an ally’s frailties - I said events.
What Britain does or does not do has nothing to do with us. We left them a couple hundred years ago and our country may be a melting pot but I think most Americans have certain patriotic expectations that the Brits do not.
I know I’m probably wrong - most SOH users tell me I’m wrong all the time. But IMHO anyway.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
05/28/18 1:20 pm

In order: false, false, mostly true but completely irrelevant, totally false, false, and so false as to be laughable even considering the source.

05/28/18 1:59 pm

How is any of that false? Lmao. The parliament is set up in a way that a party like Ukip a national party which got 13% of the vote received one seat out 500.

We see reports of the terrible free speech abuses everyday. How can you justify that? He got arrested for covering a child rape story. Only state run media outlets were allowed to cover it. There was no trial. Another man was detained for making edgy jokes about Nazis. Rightwingers were detained and deported. Knifes were recently banned in London which now has more Muslims then not and is run by Sadiq fucking khan.

Where’s the lie?

shygal47 Florida east coast
05/28/18 2:06 pm

Don't even bother with the YouTube, @Zod .. It's just a video about a jailed British guy.

05/28/18 2:56 pm

That’s the point...

Gungnir Asator
05/28/18 3:32 pm

"it's just a video about a jailed British guy"? I can't believe you brush it off like it's nothing.

shygal47 Florida east coast
05/28/18 4:22 pm

What takes place in a foreign country at the local level is not something I need to be bothered with.
For once, can the US mind their own business and stay out of it?

05/28/18 6:22 pm

The us will stay out of it because our establishment backs the anti democratic actions of the English government. It’s not local level, stories like these have been popping all over the UK, free speech is dead and there’s a media blackout on what’s going on there

shygal47 Florida east coast
05/28/18 6:31 pm

When is the last time you voted in a British election, FloridaPopulist?
I don’t give a rat’s butt about Britain - I’m only concerned about the laws and liberties HERE.
What don’t you understand about letting other countries decide for themselves how they want their country to live?

05/28/18 6:44 pm

They didn’t decide and Neither did we. Democracy is a lie

shygal47 Florida east coast
05/28/18 6:46 pm

I think you either need therapy or more knowledge of history.
Outta here.

Gungnir Asator
05/28/18 6:51 pm

What goes on in a country like Britain could affect the U.S.

kscott516 Fact checker
05/28/18 1:01 pm

The British people had better wise up now before it’s too late.

wearemonkeys77 Lest We Forget... Hodor
05/28/18 12:17 pm

Oh fuck off you racist drams queen.

05/28/18 12:23 pm

He was arrested for 13 months no trial for covering a child rape case. How am I overreacting? Or is your only response to call me racist with no other substance. Fuck you

wearemonkeys77 Lest We Forget... Hodor
05/28/18 1:30 pm

Actially i called you a racist based on what you have posted and said before.

05/28/18 2:00 pm

Never every do any of you morons have substance. Don’t comment on my polls unless you actually have something to argue with me about.

Call me a fucking racist, it doesn’t mean anything anymore

wearemonkeys77 Lest We Forget... Hodor
05/28/18 2:03 pm

Ill comment if the moment strikes me and it means nothing to you anymore because youve been called it so many times FOR SAYING RACIST SHIT!

05/28/18 2:57 pm

Cry me a river monkey

Gungnir Asator
05/28/18 3:36 pm

I would honestly like to know what your definition of racism is. It's people like you that have completely changed the meaning of racism.