RussianThunder May 28th, 2018 3:21am

A new country has formed and you live there (ok, we will just say your state broke away or whatever). You are asked to design the new countries flag. Can you describe your creation and it’s colors and what it means?

commonman1 Peace
05/28/18 8:03 pm

Yellow flag with a red number 1. This is to let all know I am a dictator and there will be no swamps.

rons screw politicians
05/28/18 2:45 pm

A red flag with a bullshït emoji in the middle in white.

ScenarioNations California
05/28/18 9:40 am

All blue with stars and diagonal lines going through the corners of the flag. A circle connecting the lines.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
05/28/18 8:31 am

Probably green for the forest and blue for the ocean. And the word freedom somewhere.

KellyDimples You know the thing
05/28/18 8:16 am

I would purposely not use any of the colors used in the Olympics rings, just to mess with them. The colors of the Olympics rings were chosen because at least one of those colors appears in every nation's flag.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
05/28/18 8:53 am

Lol....I don’t know why but that’s kind of funny.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
05/28/18 7:17 pm

That leaves purple orange grey and brown.

KellyDimples You know the thing
05/29/18 4:26 am

Then those are my colors.

Cherepaxa Thirdworld and firstworld
05/27/18 11:44 pm

Yes. It has a purple background. In the center is the heart as represented by a white pine tree which is connected to four white boxes- two on each side. The connecting lines run off the flag appearing as though they might connect to other boxes.

The five items represent the original 5 great nations of the federation and the connecting lines represent the connecting path that the constitution refers to. Why a white pine tree? Because that is where the 5 original nations put down their weapons of war and met with each other for peace.

That is the flag of the Haudenosaunee Confederacy. No need for me to create a new one ☺️

RussianThunder Russia and USA
05/28/18 9:48 am

I had to look that up. Learned something new....thanks!

PrinceOberyn Io Himeros
05/27/18 11:03 pm

Already did it, sort of. Seeing as though Michigan's flag is as boring as drying paint...I took a complete 180 and based it off of Venice's Flag as we're both territories closely associated with the waters that surround us.

Here it is. Can't remember what the whole three eagles and flowers are for on the shield. Probably Cherry Blossoms and America's Legacy, I guess. The Fleur De Lys are definitely inspired by our heritage and foundations.

i.imgur.com/ejU80OQ.png

gow488 Wisconsin
05/27/18 10:57 pm

I got bored once so I actually created my own flag for Wisconsin. The blue is for the over 15,000 lakes in the state including Lake Superior and Lake Michigan. The white is for the snow and cold weather. There’s a badger in the center because we’re the badger state. Finally there’s a star in the corner to represent our spot on the us flag.

ibb.co/cT2F8J

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
05/28/18 12:17 am

That is a very good flag!

RussianThunder Russia and USA
05/28/18 9:28 am

I could design a flag for Illinois but I’m not sure how to symbolize rampant corruption lol

paranoidandroid beantown scientist lady
05/27/18 10:03 pm

The primary colors would probably be blue (for the ocean) and green (for the mountains). Otherwise it would be more intricate. I’m pretty artsy so I’d overthink it! MA has a lot of history and I’d want to represent it somehow to show where we came from and who we are as a state/nation (in the scenario).

RussianThunder Russia and USA
05/28/18 9:49 am

I would give anything to visit MA

paranoidandroid beantown scientist lady
05/28/18 10:45 am

I’m sure you’ll get to someday. I’m biased of course but Boston is a place which everyone should visit. Even aside from the history there are places like the aquarium and public garden (which is great when the flowers are in bloom... you always see a wedding or two there on weekends in the spring) which are enjoyable. If you like the ocean I’d also recommend a whale watch. Duck tours are kind of fun too if that’s your thing.

PB246 California
05/27/18 9:44 pm

If CA broke away there would probably be a rainbow, pot leaf, and socialist sign on it added... and it would cost a lot.

CMChristian gone
05/27/18 8:59 pm

The empire of Onorat. (The nations name is a secret) Go to NationStates to know more. I'm too lazy and tired right now lol.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
05/27/18 8:57 pm

Tri-striped flag: red, black green, with a yellow silhouette of Africa in the center

PrinceOberyn Io Himeros
05/28/18 12:13 am

How...uncreative.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
05/27/18 8:44 pm

I'd call it Delomar.
It's an island nation.
The flag has the lower third in blue (the ocean), a sun with rays beaming down on a stylized island with the cartoonish single palm tree, and a two headed arrow above it which stands for two people standing back to back with spears pointing outward symbolizing defense against any invader.

PrinceOberyn Io Himeros
05/27/18 11:13 pm

What color is the sky? The blues would probably blend a bit much with the sea below.

PrinceOberyn Io Himeros
05/28/18 12:08 am

i.imgur.com/SwW5fJ1.png?1

Nevermind, I got it. Wrong blues. Here's a potential flag for Delomar.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
05/28/18 4:04 am

Sweet! You designed it, right? That's exactly what I had in mind.

PrinceOberyn Io Himeros
05/28/18 10:26 am

Yep. Put it together last night.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
05/27/18 8:37 pm

Light blue flag. Green stripe (for the earth). Dark blue stripe (for water) and a black stripe (to represent all people and all creatures). Red stripe (for justice)