PrincessMelody May 27th, 2018 8:06pm

Do you have asthma? What are some of your coping methods if you don't have an inhaler handy.

Wizzobutter
05/28/18 9:03 pm

I had asthma pretty bad in the 1980's but slowly grew out of it. I no longer take any medicine for it. One bit of advice really helped. It is that the problem is not getting air in, it is getting the used air out first. I would exhale as much as possible before inhaling more air. It really helped me deal with the asthma.

Wizzobutter
05/28/18 9:05 pm

Also, taking a inhaler called Pulmicort in the 90's seemed to quickly get rid of my asthma. I don't think it's made anymore.

beccaann 39.9612 N, 82.9988 W
05/28/18 12:23 am

I’m on Qvar twice daily and I’m on a Flovent (albuterol) rescue. I’m fairly well controlled, and as odd as it seems, I ALWAYS carry those cheap little Star peppermints with me just in case. Peppermint has actually shown to be a great natural bronchodilator, and I’ve found that sucking on a peppermint genuinely does help if your having a minor attack (I always start with my rescue, of course) but it’s a nice little trick to decrease that shortness of breath.

nyrangers27
05/27/18 11:18 pm

hands on the back of your head like the cops are gonna shoot you 😂. it opens up the lungs and allows more air to flow

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
05/27/18 10:35 pm

I do & have for about 30 years.

A few years ago, I began limiting inflammatory foods from my diet for several reasons, but it helped my asthma.

I have a salt inhaler that I use when it’s flaring & I also use Yogi’s Breathe Deep tea.

In a situation where I might need a rescue inhaler & don’t have one handy, I stop (& sit if possible) & try to get my head as close to between my knees as I can. It makes breathing easier. I focus on my breathing & try to regulate it.

cpaswr 864511320
05/27/18 10:28 pm

I’m on generic Singulair. That helps is you can deal with the side effects.

ikeurban21 B L C
05/27/18 6:42 pm

Running and getting in shape allows capillaries to function better. When I’m running I I’m 100% but when I stop for a few weeks I can hardly breather ever

phalnx Ohio
05/27/18 4:19 pm

Yes. I have a corticosteroid/bronchiodilater inhaler that I take twice a day, Singulair and Zyrtec once daily, and an Albuterol inhaler for emergencies.

Mine is well-controlled...I used to jog regularly before I hurt my knee, and shall do so again when it's fixed.

CMChristian gone
05/27/18 2:24 pm

My cousin has it. Or had. And now I hear he Vapes too.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
05/27/18 2:10 pm

I was diagnosed with it but then had an overall diagnosis of CVID so I don’t know if I have actual asthma