ladyniner81 I hate people
05/28/18 3:11 pm

My cousin puked on me when we went on that thing as kids. I swear I never saw a kid puke so much. He was like, I ain't going on that thing again LOL.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/28/18 3:56 pm

HaHa! It never made me sick. But then, my parents were carnies, so I was riding rides a LOT more wild than that when I was a toddler.

Krystina President Elect Krystina
05/27/18 4:30 pm

I soooo miss those turn wheel things!!! LOVED those! But, I know, kids are too fragile for things like that now. Yay for our new society of pansies!

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/27/18 4:32 pm

On the one hand I agree with you, but on the other, I have a personal story about how dangerous they could be, in my comments at the bottom of the poll. I’m just glad we were there with our child and he had been taught to obey the FIRST time we told him to do so!

Krystina President Elect Krystina
05/27/18 4:35 pm

Yes, they were dangerous, but so was eating dirt and climbing trees and household roofs and doing ride behinds in cars in the snow, etc. etc. We faced much danger as children. We didn’t grow up in bubbles. I prefer some risk over bubbles and the raising pansies.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/27/18 9:27 pm

I agree! Did you read the article I’ve been posting about the sorry state of young men today? If not, I’ll link it for you. I think you’ll enjoy it.

mark4
05/28/18 1:39 am

Well, you never had to hunt for the telephone.

And I’m glad you agree about raising children who don’t learn about taking risks.

presrvd Phoenix
05/27/18 3:49 pm

Ah, I miss the merry-go-round....even if I did get tied to one and spun around until pretty much the whole thing (including myself) was completely covered in vomit. It still had its fun times....

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/27/18 4:33 pm

I included personal stories about both pics in comments at the bottom of the poll, if you’re interested.

shygal47 Florida east coast
05/27/18 1:41 pm

Messing up on the wrong number still happens.
I used to love that playground thing - but I lived in the country so rarely got to run crazy and jump on like other kids.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/27/18 4:31 pm

Yes, it does, but it takes a lot longer to do it on a rotary dial! Lol I have personal stories that pertain to both pics, that I mentioned, below, if you’re interested in reading them.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/27/18 12:06 pm

💠 Pic Poll:

Left Pic:

Shows one of those merry go rounds at a playground (the kind where you run around the outside of it to get it spinning and then jump on to enjoy the ride.) Caption reads:

If you’ve ever played on this puke-causing, concussion-giving, bone-breaking, kid rocket-launching hunk of metal & survived, you are a true warrior!

Right Pic:

Shows a black, rotary desk phone. Caption reads:

“Remember messing up on the last number and having to start all over again?”

...

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/27/18 12:09 pm

I have a story about each of these pics.

For the merry-go round: If we had not taught our kids to mind the FIRST time, EVERY time, I believe that our 3 year old son would’ve died one day that he rode on a merry-go-round like this. He flipped up under the contraption, which had huge steel girders under it. Hubby screamed at him to stay down and he did. It’s why I’m a big believer in spanking your children to ensure safety when they’re toddlers.

For the rotary phone: You should’ve seen me teaching my granddaughter how to use a rotary phone. She would get almost to the end and mess up and finally said, “This is too HARD!” And then she asked me what we did about 911. I told her there was no such thing and you should’ve seen the look of pure HORROR that came over her face! 😂🤣😂

...