keyannawinston May 27th, 2018 6:55pm

I noticed last night driving my car from Petersburg to Virginia Beach bugs were being slaughtered all over my windshield and this morning I had to wash my car. 13 years in Chicago I dont remember one big on my car. Have you slaughtered bugs this year

Donaldo the trick never treats
05/28/18 6:17 pm

They try to creep up on me in my home. My home! Where my children play with their toys.

rons screw politicians
05/28/18 2:47 pm

My brother lived in VB. His back large porched was screened in. The 🐜 were the size of bats 🦇.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
05/27/18 4:21 pm

Not yet. It will happen later this year on the run across the wastelands though. There will be a thick furry layer of thousands of them caked on every surface exposed to the relative wind by the time we get back.

4boot LaTrineodeur, MN
05/27/18 3:44 pm

My truck kills lots of bugs in Minnesota.

orgblu10 Shamerica
05/27/18 12:42 pm

Not very often. We don't get a lot of flying bugs in Southern California.

CrazDab Florida
05/27/18 12:25 pm

When I first moved to FL, I hit a lot of love bugs. I guess I left them there on the hood of my truck. And the FL sun literally BAKED them into the paint. I had to sand down the hood of my truck and do a paint job.

shygal47 Florida east coast
05/27/18 12:21 pm

May is Love-bug season here. I’ve broken a lot of buggy relationships.

Casper Deep inthe Heart ofTexas
05/27/18 12:55 pm

I thought love-bugs were a south Texas thing but maybe it’s just a southern thing.
I see them around Houston & but I haven’t noticed them in Austin or points west or north.
They say they will ruin your paint.

shygal47 Florida east coast
05/27/18 1:47 pm

They ruin the paint job on anything!
But at least they don’t bite and can be washed off most things.

katerina13 where I should be
05/27/18 3:31 pm

We have them in central Texas, too.

shygal47 Florida east coast
05/27/18 4:05 pm

Messy little critters, huh!?

AdamStephens West Virginia
05/27/18 12:13 pm

Wait till you met cicadas.

katerina13 where I should be
05/27/18 3:30 pm

We have them in the summer. They get sooo loud when you’re outside. Our dog likes to eat them. Talk about disgusting! 🤢

TrueAmerican7 I Am Galt.
05/27/18 11:58 am

Same amount of bugs. These just don’t walk around on 2 feet and shoot at you 😂

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/27/18 11:57 am

💠 keyannawinston asked:
05/27/2018

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/27/18 11:59 am

We live in AL. It’s a GIVEN! The worst is love bugs. They get stuck on your car and can actually take the paint off your vehicle. I learned a tip as a school bus driver: Coat your grill and hood with baby oil to keep them from getting stuck.

Btw, they were worse in Baton Rouge, where we would come home and the white door to our house was solid black from the love bugs landing on it. You had to sling the door open, and duck and race into the house to keep them from getting in your hair. SO gross. Another creepy one is Willow Flies. They get in your hair and it’s gross.

...

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/27/18 12:25 pm

Do they do a lot of spraying for pests, like mosquitoes like some cities do? Maybe that’s why—-or maybe the cold kills them off?

katerina13 where I should be
05/27/18 3:29 pm

It’s a seasonal thing here with bugs. Although if you pass through some country back roads at night, you’ll hit them. We have love bugs, too. But what we really have in the spring is monarch butterflies. So thick, they get all over your car. I hate that time of year.

theNobamist Silicon Valley
05/27/18 11:56 am

Eeecchhh. I remember bugs like that from PA. They're like gooey hailstones.

TrueAmerican7 I Am Galt.
05/27/18 12:06 pm

Maybe all the pigeons are eating the bugs?