Show Of Hands March 19th, 2013 10:45am

You wake up to an unexpected snow day. What's your first thought: "I have extra time to get stuff done at home", or "Let's relax and have some fun!"

Doopy Remedial Americanism
03/19/13 12:27 pm

Both. I have fun in the morning, relax in the afternoon, discover all this extra energy from relaxing all afternoon, and get stuff done in the evening.

AnnieM The Island
03/19/13 10:08 am

I really haven't the slightest clue what I'd do. I've never in my life had a snow day. The closest I can think of is when work or school is cancelled because of an impending hurricane, and then I'm using that time to board up windows and maybe pack to go farther inland.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
03/19/13 11:20 am

I've been trying to think of a better parallel, but there might not be anything comparable. Maybe some kind of temporary emergency that trapped you in your neighborhood, but didn't affect you otherwise. Being snowed in (briefly and infrequently!) at home can be fun. You just can't go anywhere.

AnnieM The Island
03/19/13 11:49 am

I think I'd end up having to spend so much time keeping my kid from going stir crazy, nothing would get done, fun or otherwise. ;)

Zod Above Pugetropolis
03/19/13 12:16 pm

I forgot about the excess energy factor. When it happens here for a few days our neighbor across the street chases her three boys outside from dawn to dusk building snowmen, shoveling everybody's driveway, building igloos, etc, and still she's exhausted by the time school starts back up.

Futurama St. Thomas Estate Fortuna
03/19/13 10:08 am

It depends on my mood. Today is fun day so I'm going with fun day. If I felt more productive than house cleaning and fixing things would be my priority.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
03/19/13 9:11 am

Snow Day = Play Day. After I clear the driveway, but that's why I have a snow thrower. Less time working, more time playing.

Emma Austin.ish.
03/19/13 8:34 am

Well, thanks, everyone for making me not feel guilty about the unproductive day I will have today. ;)

susanr Colorado
03/19/13 9:14 am

Doesn't seem to be much dispute on this topic!

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
03/19/13 1:18 pm

No guilt. It is your day, your home and your life. Enjoy the moment and recharge. We aren't chiding you at all.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
03/19/13 7:12 am

We keep the chore machine running each day. They will get done on a continuous basis. However, how often do you get an unexpected snow day? You have to make snowmen, shovel, do power slides in the snow and practice driving up the steepest slope you can find. Then you have to sled and fly a kite.

bherzberg Virginia
03/19/13 6:30 am

What I WANT to do versus what I actually so is a whole different story...