Wino December 11th, 2017 8:04pm

Is this the start of other countries using the Trump administration as a way to recruit our best and brightest?

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
12/11/17 2:37 pm

It’s happening....the brain drain is on. I may Be part of it

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
12/11/17 8:30 pm

We’ve been kicking around a couple options. 1-sell everything, move to Central America & retire. I have plenty of $. 2-run a foreign operation of a US company. I’ve had several friends & coworkers do this....Mexico, Vietnam, Philippines, EMEA are all possibilities.

catpillow Florida West Coast
12/11/17 9:04 pm

Thanks. You’ve seen a lot more of the world than I have. Sometimes we think about trying to find an affordable beach house.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
12/11/17 9:12 pm

FL is pretty nice.....but it doesn’t take much $ to live the beach life in Central America. Belize, Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua & others welcome American ex-pats. There are American enclaves in all those countries. A little googling opens up a whole world.

bartman71 USW
12/11/17 10:11 pm

I have considered this option also. Just need to do more research.

Think Lovin Life
12/11/17 10:45 pm

A ridiculously pathetic stretch. Of course there are some who used MrT as their excuse, but far more cowardly leftists who whine about leaving but never do.

How many numbskulls said they were moving to Canada (not México ... ha ha) if MrT was elected and then they excused themselves from their “commitment”?

Metamorphosis
12/11/17 1:20 pm

I don't think much recruitment is needed. Our best and brightest are sickened by the political atmosphere in this country.

Wino I need a drink
12/11/17 1:10 pm

Four of my friends took international grants shortly after the election as they were motivated to get out. This is the first time I’ve seen it so blatantly put out by a foreign government.

proudGA New Jersey
12/11/17 1:51 pm

There will for sure be brain drain on the United States

omniku dot com
12/11/17 2:47 pm

My brother is part way through his PhD and may get taxed on his scholarship. He’s getting a free ride. The scholarship is about the same as his income so now he’ll be taxed for twice the income without any actual increase in income. It is a brilliant plan to braindrain the US. 🙄

proudGA New Jersey
12/11/17 2:52 pm

Yeah I lost the tax deduction on my loans which helped a lot. I really have to consider going to a country that values students if I get a PhD