ovcourse December 10th, 2017 5:49pm

Since updating to IOS 11.2, my iPhone 7 battery needs to be charged three times per day. Have you experienced the same frustration?

Zod Above Pugetropolis
12/10/17 7:16 pm

No, i have not noticed a change, but you may need to go through every single setting to find what is hogging your battery. I don’t think the idle loop is any worse than before, but Apple never leaves the settings alone when updating, seemingly changing every single configurable parameter to the worst available choice when there is a difference, and flipping a coin to pick the "default" for the rest. And if you manage your radios to save the battery, do it through settings rather than the Control Center, as a few versions ago Apple decided the switches in the "control" center should only "control" the indicators, but not the functions indicated.

ItsYourBoy Roman Empire
12/10/17 5:50 pm

As new updates come out they purposely destroy the old phones so you forced to by new ones

lcamino Florida and Georgia
12/10/17 5:41 pm

I don’t know yet, I just did updates last night. I had read that battery life was supposed to be improved! 😕

MachoMatt84 Mountain climbing
12/10/17 3:49 pm

I have Android. Galaxy S8. Android is better. Fact.

sea California
12/10/17 10:37 pm

It definitely was not better for me.

SticksandStones Stop fearmongering
12/10/17 3:28 pm

Once I had problems with my iPhone 6, I switched to an LG V30. Never had the battery go below 40% and if I didn't charge it every night it could probably last me two days.

sgkitty new york
12/10/17 3:13 pm

I have had the same experience. It is awful.

ronderman North Carolina
12/10/17 1:40 pm

That's exactly why I never opt to upgrade.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
12/10/17 2:29 pm

I’m always afraid not to, because of the security updates.

susanr Colorado
12/10/17 2:59 pm

Never, ronderman? Or just not until an update seems to free of any new problems?

lcamino Florida and Georgia
12/10/17 5:50 pm

I delayed updating because I didn’t want to lose one of my apps. The last few days my iPad has been slow, and the keyboard has problems, so I updated last night. No problems have resolved for me. I don’t know what’s going on.

ronderman North Carolina
12/10/17 6:22 pm

I am currently running 10.3.2 on my iPad and 10.3.3 on my phone. They will stay there until an app that I need stops working.

I truly believe they put stuff in the updates that make the older devices run slower. That way, you want to buy new devices. I'm good.

ronderman North Carolina
12/10/17 6:23 pm

4JC, do you do banking and pay bills on your device? If not, security shouldn't be an issue.

lcamino Florida and Georgia
12/10/17 6:29 pm

I do my banking and investing on my iPad/iPhone. I have no extra security. I’m concerned about what I need to do, especially when I travel. I’m afraid to use public WiFi, and so I use Verizon.

ronderman North Carolina
12/10/17 6:37 pm

I can't advise you. I don't use the iPad for any of those things. I will order things, but I use a credit card with a very low limit ($500) so that if it gets hacked, damage is very limited.

lcamino Florida and Georgia
12/10/17 6:47 pm

Well I wanted you to advise me 🙁. I feel safe at home using my iPad. But I am not comfortable using WiFi at motels. Do you know anything about VPN?

ronderman North Carolina
12/10/17 6:51 pm

Ha! You have reached the limits of my wisdom. The best advice I can give you is to send out a poll asking for advice. 😜

ronderman North Carolina
12/10/17 6:52 pm

And no, I don't know anything about VPN.

lightsabr2 The Big Sky
12/10/17 12:38 pm

Upgraded from the 5c to the X. So when I moved to ios11, it significantly improved my battery situation.

TxCross44 Texas
12/10/17 11:54 am

Haven’t updated...I’ve heard it’s had some problems.

Think Lovin Life
12/10/17 11:22 am

IOS 11.2 is working fabulously on my iPhone X!

sea California
12/10/17 11:26 am

Same here but it sucked on my 6 plus

paranoidandroid peace love and science
12/10/17 10:58 am

Yes. I’m charging my phone all the time now.

ovcourse Alzheimer Joe
12/10/17 10:51 am

Before IOS 11.2, I only had to charge once per day most of the time. In fact, I often ended the day with 30-40% battery life remaining. However, the update hasn’t effected my iPad.

sea California
12/10/17 11:26 am

Yes the same thing happened to my 6 plus after iOS 11. It’s because there are many app developers who have not optimized their apps for ios11. I turned off background app refresh and it fixed my problem. Look at what apps are using your battery.

ovcourse Alzheimer Joe
12/10/17 2:06 pm

Unfortunately, I tried that, but it didn’t help. Thanks for the suggestion though.

susanr Colorado
12/10/17 2:22 pm

I haven't updated from iOS 10 yet so I haven't seen that problem. But I googled and found this video that at least explains the problem: youtu.be/ugtyfJIT7Ws

Basically it says that the beta of 11.2 initially had battery problems but they got resolved until there were *no* battery issues in the beta. But then Apple rushed the release of 11.2 because of the reboot/respring issue that at least some people were seeing, and the battery problem reappeared with that release.

The guy who did this video said he would put out another video with tips to fix battery issues but that was 4 days ago and I don't see it...

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
12/10/17 2:31 pm

If you ever do see it, Susan, will you please tag me? Hubby has noticed that his is running down faster now. Thanks!

susanr Colorado
12/10/17 3:06 pm

I will, 4JC (just made myself a note to do that). I looked around at a few other videos that seemed to be about battery life with 11.2. I didn't see anything helpful yet.

Hopefully there will be an update to the update pretty soon anyway, like 11.2.1. But then I suppose it would be prudent to wait a bit and see if that one fixes it without causing yet more issues.

I need to get off my behind and deal with the remaining issues I have with updating to 11. I have a couple "Doomed to Die with iOS 11" apps that I haven't replaced with an equivalent, or gotten over my grief about losing (because there is *no* equivalent) yet. And then a couple other little chores. And now I'm waiting for something to replace 11.2, because that's what I'm being offered as an update - um, no, I think not.