mudkip17 December 9th, 2017 6:32pm

only 4% of CEOs in the fortune 500 are minorities. do you think there is some systematic racism in corporate America or are minorities just bad at running companies?

mfjd1948 rural johnson co iowa
12/11/17 6:48 pm

Lack of experience, lack of starting finance, and some unconscious prejudices.

Survivalistien I am Green and Retired
12/10/17 8:20 pm

They are minorities so by simple probability, those numbers should reflect as the minority.

mark4
12/10/17 6:45 am

Too many people, but especially the black and Spanish minority live in social situations where achievement and business are thought of as "other," and it limits them.

Is there racism in big corporations? Might as well ask are there people in big corporations. The good part is the profit incentive. Hiring the best people from whatever background is the best business practice.

tech24073
12/10/17 12:16 am

We also have to be real about time. Think about the timeline related to active and legal discrimination in this country. We are only between 45 and 50 years away from the time of legal equality. That still does not deal with the social discrimination that continued.

It will take time, patience and support to reach the goal.

Liberty 4,032,064
12/09/17 7:18 pm

I mean, between the choices you have to pick “bad at business,” but neither are truly correct as worded.

STONEYTJONES Indiana
12/09/17 2:18 pm

Should CEO’s be hired based on a skin color quota?

Praetorianus Fair enough.
12/09/17 6:14 pm

Absurd of course.
Leadership quality, experience count.
A race quota is hogwash.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/09/17 2:14 pm

Neither. There are simply less people from certain ethnic groups who have the education and interpersonal skills necessary to climb to the top of the corporate ladder. This is a problem that our business colleges should address. There should be no attempt whatever to address it through affirmative action.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
12/09/17 5:23 pm

Fewer.

⚜ ᎢᎻᎬ ᏩᎡᎪᎷᎷᎪᎡ ᏢᎾᏞᏆᏟᎬ ⚜

MachoMatt84 Mountain climbing
12/10/17 12:52 am

Need some burn cream for that one? 😅 No one is perfect! Haha

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/10/17 3:21 am

I can't even read what I wrote, because it's gray on slightly lighter gray on my iPhone (I use Invert Colors, or I wouldn't be able to read anything at all). But I trust Praet, and I'm sure I said "less" for "fewer." He's a great Deputy!

mark4
12/10/17 6:46 am

That was good, praet. You won't get him often.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
12/09/17 11:40 am

There definitely was racial bias but since most CEOs are probably over 50, we have to look at a younger age bracket to see if it persists.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
12/09/17 1:08 pm

I tend to agree w this. That being said....the CEO of my employer (we do $2B annually) is an African American veteran.