VirtualCongress December 7th, 2017 12:42am

Wonderess has a Public Address - A Party of Values: The American Solidarity Party

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
12/11/17 12:27 pm

Eek. I’m a catholic, but I’m too fiscally right for this.

jztheman Connecticut
12/07/17 12:13 pm

Being a fiscal liberal and social conservative nearly defines a fascist. Not the biggest fan.

12/07/17 1:35 pm

On the contrary, Fascism implies the state's superior value to the individual which is the exact opposite stance of the ASP. Also, Fascism has been paired with authoritarianism which the party has no interest in. I think the greatest distinction is the party's openness and direct appeal to religious conscience which the extreme movements throughout history have denied in the form of Fascism and Communism.

FloridaPopulist Nationalist Right
12/07/17 2:33 pm

People are so not used to someone not being a libertarian or traditional ideology (conservative, liberal) that everything outside of that is dangerous and must be destroyed!!

jztheman Connecticut
12/07/17 2:54 pm

I did forget authoritarianism is needed for fascism. Well, ether way, welcome.

jztheman Connecticut
12/07/17 3:17 pm

After looking into it more though the link you proved below (which I admittedly should have done first before accusing it of fascism, I am sorry for that accusation) it looks like a party that I may join. It doesn't look to bad and I support mostly everything that the party itself supports.

tipsyindian
12/07/17 12:46 am

This sounds like the views of some members in the National Front. While our party places more of an emphasis on patriotism and pride in the great people of America, it sounds like there is significant overlap.

12/07/17 8:00 am

I believe there is a sense of dialogue that the two parties could accomplish, but the NF has a distinct nationalist and America First character that the American Solidarity Party would not necessarily always align given it’s nature to worry about the dignity of the individual even when it comes to immigration issues.

12/07/17 8:48 am

Also a key tenet of the party is distributism. This vital concept places the dignity of the individual before the interests of the political system. It is this understanding of the human condition that causes the American Solidarity Party to consider itself a party at political center wishing to be part of no political scale while working with any group that furthers this actual appeal to the human dignity through the ideals of distributism and Christian-Catholic Social Teachings.

FloridaPopulist Nationalist Right
12/07/17 2:32 pm

So European style Christian democracy?

12/07/17 4:02 pm

I would say yes but without the Christian apathy that is prevalent in secular Europe. I would not equate the vision of this party with any party that currently exists in the world other than the real world American Solidarity Party.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/06/17 10:08 pm

If we have five people who believe this way, then fine, let them have their party. But Democratic fiscal policy has given us a $20 trillion debt and a Welfare state that chains blacks and many Hispanics into economic slavery to government handouts. I want nothing to do with it. Social AND Fiscal Conservatism is what we need.

12/06/17 10:25 pm

My primary issue with the current path of Republican policy is the constant attempts to appease corporate interests and defense hawks with no interest in decreasing government spending. I feel there is a more efficient way forward that benefits more people with less need for political dependence on the private sector for PAC funds or whatnot.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/06/17 11:02 pm

I’d like to roll the federal budget back to 1817 levels. Seriously. Woodrow Wilson and FDR got us into this mess.
Most government functions belong to the states.

bower8899 ...
12/07/17 3:27 am

Tom, times have changed, the country couldn't function if we had the same budget as in 1817

hokiejac Decatur, GA
12/07/17 5:00 am

Tom just wants to return us to his childhood. Lol

MrAmerica Peaceful protestor
12/07/17 5:41 pm

Okay, HokieJac, that was hilarious. LOL

12/06/17 7:49 pm

If there are any questions about particular policies feel free to ask here or message me.

bower8899 ...
12/06/17 9:51 pm

Hey, I knew this sounded familiar
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Solidarity_Party

Is this what you were going for?

12/06/17 10:19 pm

Yes, that is the primary party.

Senate101 San Diego
12/06/17 7:28 pm

We don't need another party! We have enough!

12/06/17 7:48 pm

I’m afraid I must disagree. If there was a party that existed here today that I could consider a home than I would be willing to put this endeavor aside. However, this is not the case, and I reason that there are others among us who share this sentiment.

Senate101 San Diego
12/06/17 8:45 pm

You already have the Democratic, Republican, Conservative, Libertarian, National Front, People's Revolutionary(?), and the Independent Coalition. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing you, I'm just concerned about the number of parties and candidates in the little VC.

12/06/17 6:41 pm

The platform of the party revolves around an ideology that professes social conservatism that is paired with economic liberalism. It takes its tenets from the philosophy of Catholic Social Teaching. For more info you can visit the website of the real world counterpart. [url]solidarity-party.org[/url]

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/06/17 9:58 pm

What, Liberation Theology? That’s the last thing we need. As seen in South America, it’s pre-socialism.

12/06/17 10:27 pm

I assure you that this party stands for nothing so drastic. There are no guerillas around nor is there any desire for the overthrow of this strong democracy. As you said Liberation Theology is a mostly Latin American phenomenon.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/06/17 10:58 pm

Pops Francis himself accepts it. It’s not all Sandinista types. We have LT priests in big US cities too. And Bishop Tutu in South Africa.

12/06/17 11:09 pm

You also have bishops/cardinals like Sarah, Burke, and Lowson who speak for the more traditional voice of the Church. Their knowledge and contributions to the Magisterium should not go unnoticed.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/06/17 11:25 pm

I think we can have a good dialogue on this. You should know that although I’m not Catholic, I’m a serious student of theology. But @MrAmerica and I have similar views, and he is Catholic. Maybe he’ll join us. I’m enjoying this. 😃

12/06/17 11:36 pm

Me too. I’m currently a philosophy undergraduate student and a practicing Catholic so I’m always up for a conversation that includes one or both topics. 👍🏻

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/07/17 12:07 am

I’ve heard that if you practice Catholicism (or any religion) long enough, you might eventually get it right...

Sorry. I’m a retired English teacher, and I can’t resist a good play on words! 😃

FloridaPopulist Nationalist Right
12/07/17 5:05 am

Interesting. You may be one of the only social conservatives and economic left wingers. I sympathize with the cause but I'm happy with my party

MrAmerica Peaceful protestor
12/07/17 8:25 pm

As a Catholic, I sympathize with this party, and what it is trying to do, but I am a fiscal conservative, so I can’t say that I agree with the whole platform.

I would be open to working this in party in the future, though.

MrAmerica Peaceful protestor
12/07/17 8:30 pm

I would be open to working with this party in the future*

FloridaPopulist Nationalist Right
12/08/17 8:34 am

Hey MR A continue the interview when u can

ranger13 Texas
12/06/17 6:19 pm

I believe it’s the announcement of the creation of a new party, the American Solidarity Party

chance Sirnotappearinginthisfilm
12/06/17 6:36 pm

No, I get that, but their platform is rather vague

ranger13 Texas
12/06/17 6:39 pm

I agree, @Wonderess what would be the party platform?

12/06/17 6:46 pm

I've linked a website and have given a general summary above. It is generally taking the social policies of the Republican Party and unifying it with the Economic Policies of the Democratic Party while also taking into account the government's fiscal responsibility and it's responsibility to guarantee basic liberties such as healthcare but not to an extent that could be considered a welfare state.

chance Sirnotappearinginthisfilm
12/06/17 8:34 pm

Well that’s as opposite to my beliefs as one can get. The republican social platform sucks, and the Democrat fiscal platform sucks. You have the worst of both worlds

Galgation Daddy Milton
12/07/17 12:26 am

Lol agreed with chance, fiscal liberal and social conservative sounds like Nazism.

FloridaPopulist Nationalist Right
12/07/17 5:06 am

Galagation that's a little extreme don't you think?

skinner Wisconsin
12/07/17 11:15 am

Wonderess: Would you consider this to be a Christian Democratic party like seen in Europe?

Galgation Daddy Milton
12/07/17 12:06 pm

I mean yeah, but I’m commenting for the shock value with that

12/07/17 4:05 pm

@skinner Yes and no since the values are the same but this is within an American context which of course changes the nature of any political theme or vision.

VirtualCongress Speaker NDAmerican
12/06/17 5:43 pm

A voice. It is a powerful thing. It is what defines our path forward here on VC. My fellow Congressmen and women, it is my pleasure to present to you a party of ideals that goes beyond what is simply left or right. I am speaking of the American Solidarity Party. This party understands the importance of social values and the importance of making sure the life of the family is successful.

VirtualCongress Speaker NDAmerican
12/06/17 5:43 pm

The party also understands that the greatest responsibility is to care for one’s neighbor regardless of where they are in life or what status they currently have. I hope you will deeply consider choosing the American Solidarity Party as your party next census as we work together to bridge the gap that plagues the dialogue of our future. Thank you for your time and I hope all is well in this Advent-Christmas Season. May God bless you and the United States of America.