JackQHu December 6th, 2017 12:57am

Should a liberal speechwriter be forced by the federal government to use their art, skill, talent and time to write speeches for a politician that they disagreed with?

Robert97206 Portland Oregon
12/10/17 9:49 pm

"Im not a hate mongering bigot but im going to have the government force the wrong thinkings to do the right thing"

God i hate the left and their short sightedness.

theNobamist Silicon Valley
12/05/17 11:48 pm

That's the Fairness Act being applied fairly. 🤣

catpillow Florida West Coast
12/05/17 11:22 pm

If the speechwriter advertises “liberal speeches”, then no. If the advert offers “speeches for any purpose or occasion”, then the customer can choose the topic.

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
12/05/17 8:47 pm

If the people of the state elected officials who passed laws requiring any provider of a service for payment to provide that service to everyone regardless of political party or ideology, and lower courts found said speech writer broke that law, then yes.

⚡️

JohnnyGuitar
12/05/17 8:02 pm

Why does it have to be a liberal?

Moderaterighty Ohio
12/05/17 7:19 pm

Very interesting view point ... Makes you think.

Casper Deep inthe Heart ofTexas
12/05/17 6:19 pm

I’m having a problem with a federal government that believes it can force us to do anything.

Next thing you know they will make us buy stuff we don’t need & can’t afford.

deist
12/05/17 7:06 pm

That’s because you think the majority of Americans agree with u , your wrong..

Casper Deep inthe Heart ofTexas
12/05/17 7:25 pm

How’s that even logical?

I have a right to my opinion and don’t mind being in the minority. I don’t take poles to create opinions.

If the majority doesn’t understand slavery or get the concept of “consent of the governed” that’s on their backs.

JohnnyGuitar
12/05/17 8:03 pm

Like Obamacare. I agree.

JohnnyGuitar
12/05/17 8:03 pm

Only the smart ones do. Keep giving the federal government more power and see what happens to your rights.

deist
12/05/17 8:14 pm

What will happen, they’ll take em away? Is that what your trying to tell everyone. Is the scary monster under the bridge is the scary monster driving an ice cream trunk or is a Supreme Court Justice in the confederate south about to become an American senator....

Alcerus fascist
12/05/17 11:15 pm

There's a lot of private businesses that the government forces us to buy services from, which is...I have no words...things like car insurance and medical insurance. I'm a safe driver, I drive like an old person. I'd save so much money by not being forced to pay for car insurance even if, say I had an accident once every 30 years.

JohnnyGuitar
12/06/17 9:47 am

You must not have people to provide for on a middle class income. If you did you would see how government is leaving us damn near broke. You are probably an angry at the world teenager who lives in a nice house and has nothing to bitch about. If you are not a teenager you act like one.

Alcerus fascist
12/06/17 10:17 am

Why are you after me? I'm agreeing with you, guy.

JohnnyGuitar
12/06/17 2:32 pm

I thought I replied to deist

JohnnyGuitar
12/06/17 2:32 pm

You must not have people to provide for on a middle class income. If you did you would see how government is leaving us damn near broke. You are probably an angry at the world teenager who lives in a nice house and has nothing to b***h about. If you are not a teenager you act like one.

JohnnyGuitar
12/06/17 2:33 pm

Replies automatically go to bottom of thread

Alcerus fascist
12/06/17 10:36 pm

Yes sorry. I usually do this:
~~~~~~
@joeyrods000 RE: [subject of poster's comment that you're replying to]

[your response]
~~~~~~
You see how if you put "@name" it notifies you that someone has mentioned you in a comment. Alternatively, you can just put:

@name , [your response]

JackQHu Durham, NC
12/05/17 5:57 pm

Should he/she be forced to write for President Trump?

JackQHu Durham, NC
12/05/17 5:58 pm

Should a baker be forced by the federal government to decorate a birthday cake a certain way?

MrsCrayonWax
12/05/17 7:47 pm

Wait. The speechwriter took the job knowing he’d be speech writing for a conservative. This is a false equivalence.