Finny December 5th, 2017 12:03pm

If you are going somewhere at how many miles do you determine you’re not driving and are taking alternative transportation like a train or plane

catpillow Florida West Coast
12/05/17 4:38 pm

If I can drive there in one day, I’ll drive. I will probably not drive if it involves an overnight stay along the route.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
12/05/17 3:36 pm

Over an ocean we would fly. Other than that we drive.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
12/05/17 2:25 pm

If there are no roads to there, or an ocean in-between, or if time is so critical that driving just isn’t fast enough. If I can drive, or even better realistically ride a motorcycle there, then that is what I would rather do.

Brandon2018 Stocks Are Overvalued
12/05/17 8:33 am

I'll fly after the rockies but from here to Denver, i am driving.

liam2013 iowa
12/05/17 8:27 am

I have driven across the country and flown over it. What determines which route is the amount of time I have available. I can drive for 6-8 hours each day.

smahg
12/05/17 8:18 am

About a ten hour drive, but really it depends on how much time I have and the reason for going.

pietsch Another Adoring Fan
12/05/17 7:06 am

Cost, not miles, determine transportation.

Mariland neon butterfly garden
12/05/17 6:42 am

More than a 3 hour drive from DC is the cutoff, especially if parking is limited or extremely expensive in the destination city.
Daughter & I have done a bus to NYC, train to Philly, plane to Chicago and Puerto Rico.
We enjoy learning the subway systems.

imanag My heaven on Earth
12/05/17 6:39 am

For me, it’s not about miles as much as costs. Are the plane tickets and rental car more or less expensive than gas and hotels?

Ebola1 Florida
12/05/17 6:07 am

Let’s see, I live in northeast Florida and the last time I checked it would take me 64 hours to get to New Orleans by train. I think I would drive or fly. I would prefer to drive so I have my own car to use in the city.

Uberexciter Tennessee
12/05/17 6:18 am

That's what I do. It's cheaper for me to drive somewhere with the whole family than fly and have to rent a vehicle. That's if it's within a two day drive.

shygal47 Florida east coast
12/05/17 7:26 am

I had some friends tell me they were flying to NOLA to sightsee and I thought: Why fly??? I mean, 10 hr drive and I could be there a lot quicker!

jlong105 Indiana
12/05/17 5:39 am

I will drive as long as it is possible. No limit. However, most of my travel is for work and they put limits on it.