ShakaBrah California
12/08/17 10:34 pm

Everyone is a bit vague. Everyone but me sounds right!

12/03/17 6:10 pm

Thank God someone agrees! I hate when people throw that fairy tale at me because if it were true id be goin out with someone by now! I predict more men will stay single for life.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
12/02/17 9:07 pm

A whole bunch of someones. Over seven billion of us probably means close to a billion to choose from, and I'd be surprised if I've met even a thousand of those. The odds of not finding one of the special someones seem longer than those for finding at least one, which is almost a sure thing.

12/02/17 7:25 pm

I wish. I feel like that the older I get the more I feel theres not one for me. Im almost 29 and at this point I know I will never go out with any woman. Its just the way it is. I feel it is just not the case anymore.

12/02/17 7:28 pm

29 is still young. I know plenty of people who met their love at an older age. Having said that, I can understand how you might feel differently. But, stay optimistic if you can!

12/02/17 7:34 pm

Yeah. I try, but it is just so hard and having suffered with severe depression for most of my life, it is almost unbearable. And no matter how close I end up gettin with someone, the end result is always the same. 29 imho is too old for having dated only once. I just think MAYBE, that the times are changing. I think dating long ago might have been more up my alley, but now girls are so sensitive, I can't make a move (or else im the next harrassment target) and they won't.

12/02/17 7:43 pm

I understand your dilemma. As far as the depression, are you seeing someone to help with it or are you taking anything? I think it is important to take care of your mental health first and foremost. As for dating, I'm an old-fashioned person when it comes to that so I think I'd have a really hard time if I weren't married and had to date now. But, I also think I'd try online dating because I could get to know someone first. What kind of places do you go to to meet people? Are you involved with a church? (I'm sorry if I'm getting too personal here and feel free to tell me to mind my own business.)

12/02/17 7:50 pm

Yea, i'm taking a med for it. While it helps most of the time, other times I still end up feeling like there is just no hope. I hage tried meeting people at all sorts of places. From malls, libraries, small parks where i will go with my friends for some mobile gaming from time to time, to bars and clubs and let me tell you, NONE of it has worked. I have tried my heart out talkin to the ladies. The problem isn't talking to them the problem is getting something set up. None of them ever show any interest and tbh, it is making me feel even more hopeless.

orgblu10 Shamerica
12/02/17 8:00 pm

Pro - everybody's timing is different, and each person's life takes different twists and turns. Don't put limitations on yourself because of age. It's a meaningless factor in the grand scheme of things.
I've got no advice for you on the harassment issue, though. Greater minds than mine will have to come up with a solution to that one.

12/02/17 8:09 pm

I'm sorry. I wish I had better words for you. But, I know nothing is worse than someone saying, "Everything will be fine." I am glad you are taking medication. I do truly believe there is someone for everyone. But, I also think that person is not always easy to find. Remember that your worth is not based on being in a relationship, but rather what you do with your life. I'd suggest trying online dating if you haven't yet though. Please don't give up. Know your worth. You seem like a really nice person. But, most importantly when things seem hopeless, be sure to find someone to talk to... Even if it is little ole me here on SOH.

missmorganmarie ...
12/02/17 8:10 pm

if it helps profreedom, my friend is 29 and has never dated anyone

but I believe there is someone out there for everyone

12/02/17 8:13 pm

I personally think that as long as things keep going the way they are i will never go out with one again. Todays women are too damn sensitive about being asked out, it kind of makes me wish for an early grave.

missmorganmarie ...
12/02/17 8:14 pm

don't say that. just have faith
what have you tried doing to meet women?

12/02/17 8:19 pm

Everything. In the last 13 years i've tried meetin them at school, concerts, libraries, parties, bars, parks, tried online dating (disaster!), when i have talked to them nothing ever works out. I feel if I get a number then they get all uncomfortable and the last thing I need for them to do is to freak out and think im a goddamn stalker. Tbh, I just dont believe in this whole destiny. Theres no one out there for me and the dating scene, as far as im concerned, is quickly dying.

missmorganmarie ...
12/02/17 8:23 pm

you just need confidence. girls pick up on that.

also try this site. it helps you meet others with similar interests.

www.meetup.com

12/02/17 8:26 pm

Perhaps you could think about ways to make your life feel worthwhile without a partner for right now. Sometimes things happen when you least expect it, but in the meantime working solely on making yourself feel good about the life you lead might bring about a sense of confidence that you will exude. It seems that you lack some confidence and that might be something women are picking up on. Obviously, I don't know you, so I might be wrong about that.

12/02/17 8:28 pm

When I get confident, everything falls apart and it never fails. It's not confidence that's the issue. It's their prejudice. Every time I have talked to them it was all me goin in 100%. They are too sensitive. If they say they are with someone, most the time I think they are lying because of said prejudice.

12/02/17 8:31 pm

Kay- I can usually successfully distract myself from these feelings but im kind of at a point in my life where it is getting a little harder to do that. Lifes not going to wait on me, but yet no matter how confident I get the results are exactly the same.

12/02/17 8:32 pm

Sounds like these women are immature. Again, I suggest concentrating right now on yourself and making your life the best it can be. Easier said that done, I know.

12/02/17 8:39 pm

Kay- yeah. Sad thing is all the immature ones are around my age! The younger ladies are fine (20-23) at least they aren't constantly out to get me, but i feel the older they get they just want to make my life a living hell. Ive focused on myself for the last 15 years, to me the more i focus on myself I literally dont meet people. I am not quite as much of a people person as i was when I went to school.

12/02/17 8:42 pm

I truly wish I had better words or advice for you! It can't be easy to go through what you are. I hope you have someone to talk to about this. Life can seem so hard sometimes, but a good friend or counselor to talk to can help.

12/02/17 8:44 pm

You have friends here on SOH too. Even though we don't know you well, we care!

12/02/17 8:49 pm

Yeah, I don't have many people I can really go to and it gets pretty difficult. I find myself getting a little bit more upset about it as time goes on. The way I see it, I feel like that one who will go all the way through life without a SO. I pretty much have no one right now.

12/02/17 8:49 pm

And thats part of what it is too, someone to go to.

12/02/17 8:55 pm

Do you at least see a counselor? Do you have family you are close to?

12/02/17 8:59 pm

No. My family don't really want to discuss it with me. They aren't very supportive of me tbh.

12/02/17 8:59 pm

Well, that's not good. How about a counselor?

12/02/17 9:02 pm

As a mother myself, I would want my sons to be direct with me and say, "Mom, I need your help and support with this because I'm struggling." I realize that all parents aren't the same, but it might be worth the directness.

12/02/17 9:02 pm

I really dont know of any around here, im a little hesitant to go since I just had a surgery and i'm already lookin at quite a medical bill for that. Im really at the lowest point in my life right now.

12/02/17 9:03 pm

My parents simply won't discuss it they tell me to man up and stop bitching.

12/02/17 9:07 pm

Well, I can understand the money issue. But, I think it is in your best interest to find a counselor right now. It might take a little research, but I think it is imperative. Some places also take insurance or work on a sliding scale so that you can afford it. But, really, you are worth whatever you end up paying. This should definitely be your next step and do it as soon as possible. Everyone needs someone that they can speak openly to. Do yourself that favor.

12/02/17 9:15 pm

Yea, im already possibly facing debt so im not sure if i should quite yet. Ill probably be single until i die no matter what anyway.

12/02/17 9:23 pm

Well, I'm wishing you happiness and that you find inner peace!

12/02/17 9:23 pm