TopsQueen November 30th, 2017 6:47pm

My daughter is having a tough time. She lost friends in the Oakland fire last year. Have you personally been effected by any of the horrible events during this last year? Fires, shootings, hurricanes and all the other things that had happened.

Casper Deep inthe Heart ofTexas
11/30/17 7:56 pm

TQ: I’m sorry about your daughter’s loss and pray for her.

Not to pry but... How old is she?
Does she have the support she needs?
What can we do?

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/30/17 10:04 pm

She will be 39 tomorrow. I try to get her to get support. No go so far. That’s very kind of you. They had at underground funeral last winter. That’s when everyone was so supportive because I was home without heat.

Casper Deep inthe Heart ofTexas
12/01/17 2:34 am

It’s very important for her to have a female that she can share openly. A Stephen’s Minister would be great. If that’s not possible then a good close confidant would help. She may not share with those closest to her.

Btw, I also have a 39 yo daughter.

catpillow Florida West Coast
11/30/17 5:56 pm

Hurricane Irma gave us a miserable hot and humid week without power, but we had no lasting damage from it. My mother having the stroke was the worst thing that happened, but it wasn’t due to any natural disaster.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/30/17 10:04 pm

You had a really rotten year. I was worried about your husband and his migraines during the storm. You need to rest sweetheart!

catpillow Florida West Coast
11/30/17 10:18 pm

I sure do need a rest. I would love to come watch the big waves crashing to shore on your beach with you. Instead I’ll be taking Mom to see doctors for a while.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
12/01/17 9:44 am

I wish I could help share your burdens. You were on my agree list today.

Maryelizabeth
11/30/17 3:43 pm

Went through Harvey here. Fortunately we were ok , but so many friends were affected.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/30/17 10:05 pm

I saw the devastation. I’m glad everything went OK for you.

Maryelizabeth
12/01/17 8:09 pm

Thanks. Just a few houses away peoples homes flooded and some are still not back in their homes. We were blessed. Had other friends that got between 1’ and 8’ in their homes. Just devastating.

chinito Florida
11/30/17 2:45 pm

I didn't have power for 2 weeks after hurricane Irma. But after seeing what other went thru I can't complain.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/30/17 10:05 pm

Of course you may complain. You suffered! Just because yours was not as worse as many does not mean it’s not valid.

chinito Florida
12/01/17 4:10 am

Nah, I wasn't that bad and I tried to make the best of it. We went to NYC and had a lot of fun. When we came back we still had no power. So my mom's boyfriend let us stay in his apartment (my sister was staying at my mother's).

Diogenes FreeMeBe
11/30/17 12:36 pm

Sorry to hear about your daughter, TQ. It can take a long time to recover a personally traumatic tragedy. I lost my childhood best friend in the US Air crash in 1994. I was in denial for a very long time, and his mother began drinking to excess. We're both better, but it took at least a year to accept his death. Peace.

Greenie Social Democrat
11/30/17 12:36 pm

I was supposed to be there when the place burned down. Ended up skipping it to finish some work. Weird how things work out sometimes.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/30/17 10:07 pm

It sure is. One time my son and I were driving. We decided to turn. Just as we turned a piece of plywood flew of the truck that was in front of us. We would’ve been decapitated.

zimmy Florida
11/30/17 12:27 pm

No deaths luckily, but hurricane Irma did trash our yard.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/30/17 12:34 pm

That is being effected.

chickencookie It really is
11/30/17 12:02 pm

Sickness and death in family

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/30/17 11:58 am

My daughter’s best friend and several other friends were killed in the fire. She’s really going through a bad time.

missmorganmarie ...
12/02/17 10:21 pm

i pray for her and pray she finds peace