Nemacyst November 30th, 2017 2:58pm

Descendent of Pocahontas is not offended by Trump's use of it during an event with WWII Veterans, but is offended by Warren's claim of Native American Ancestry. Should we discard her claim and continue to tell Native Americans what to he offended by?

ParaguasPato Columbus GA
11/30/17 3:34 pm

A majority of Native Americans said Trump’s remarks were offensive. Also, a majority of Americans in general thought Trump was being inappropriate by attacking her at a ceremony meant to honor veterans.

Nemacyst No Lives Matter
11/30/17 3:36 pm

This user is currently being ignored

ParaguasPato Columbus GA
11/30/17 3:43 pm

My bad, I just checked for a poll on the matter, but didn’t find one. A majority of Native Americans who have spoken publicly about Trump’s comments found them to be offensive. I’m not saying the descendent person is wrong in his/her opinion, just saying most others disagree.

And polls are intentionally anonymous. If you have to give your name, you’re more likely to answer the way you think you’re supposed to, not the way you actually feel, not to mention it would cause all sorts of privacy issues. Telling me to do something ridiculous doesn’t help your point.

Nemacyst No Lives Matter
11/30/17 3:48 pm

This user is currently being ignored

ParaguasPato Columbus GA
11/30/17 4:11 pm

You told me to present every Native American offended by Trump’s statement by name. That is ridiculous. But you probably meant it sarcastically anyway.

Anyway, yeah, I thought there had been a poll on Native Americans’ thoughts on Trump’s statement, but there have only been polls on Americans’ opinion of Trump’s timing of his statement. I readily mentioned this in my previous comment.

As to your last claim, sure. There is no evidence proving it true, but also no evidence proving it false. We can live in a world where you don’t have to prove your claims but I do. I’m okay with this double standard.

infinity1 Cincinnati, OH
11/30/17 8:39 pm

As native americans, my mom and I find his statement hilarious, just saying...

Nemacyst No Lives Matter
12/01/17 6:00 am

This user is currently being ignored

Source
12/01/17 5:36 pm

I am Native American, and so is everyone in my family but my Dad. None of us were offended. At all.

ParaguasPato Columbus GA
12/01/17 6:13 pm

I was talking about the “And thus far the only people offended are easily triggered white liberals.” part when I mentioned not proving your claims.

Methinks you’re impossible. I mean no disrespect, but it’s clear by your language and claims that you are not here to calmly discuss the impacts of the President’s actions like I set out to do. You addressed some of my claims, but did so in a “Take that stupid liberal!” kind of way. I’ve had rational conversations with you before, I don’t mean to imply you’re incapable of reason, I’m just letting you know why I’m done with this thread.

Have a good night 🙂

Nemacyst No Lives Matter
12/02/17 5:51 am

This user is currently being ignored

TCheyenne I Love People
12/06/17 12:24 am

Pegasus
Wrong, Native Americans thought it was awesome that he called her out on her lies. Lmao 😂

FrankLuntz Fredericksburg, VA
11/30/17 3:13 pm

Every Native American I talk to still calls it "sitting Indian style" instead of "criss cross applesauce" and every oriental person I talk to doesn't get why they're trying to change it to "Asian". I'm not changing for the white liberals.

think4yourself Not a safe space
11/30/17 12:11 pm

Whenever the left says, “everybody feels this way” I know they are lying.

bower8899 ...
11/30/17 11:49 am

Most were quite upset.

Nemacyst No Lives Matter
11/30/17 11:56 am

This user is currently being ignored

Source
12/01/17 5:38 pm

My entire family, except my Dad, is Native American. None of us were offended.

bower8899 ...
12/01/17 5:59 pm

Good to here you speak for an natives Source.

Source
12/01/17 6:00 pm

Thanks, and you’re welcome.

bower8899 ...
12/01/17 6:15 pm

Sorry. Meant to say "all natives"

Source
12/01/17 6:44 pm

You’re still welcome seeing as how I and my family are indeed Natives. I understand we may not represent ALL Native Americans, but I highly doubt that you or any of your “sources” really bothered to actually care what the majority of Natives think. No, instead you and your sources use us as pawns when it fits your agenda or narrative.
We don’t want your voices to be proclaiming how WE feel. We can tell people ourselves how we feel, as I have done. We aren’t defenseless.

Sentinel Ya ie wa noh
11/30/17 11:49 am

Resign "kul'so'kap' Ya'kök'we"..... "Lying/deceiving Woman".....

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord