mtdewbob November 28th, 2017 12:56pm

Democrat Senator Elizabeth Warren, “I am a direct descendent of Native Americans” “My great, great, great, grandmother”. Would 1/32 Native American qualify as being a direct descendent?

mitchman399 Oregon
11/28/17 10:01 am

Well wouldn't you say she is directly descendant from her great great great grandmother?

mtdewbob Arizona
11/28/17 2:12 pm

And I am a direct descendent of my great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandfather Adam 🤨

SuperAgain They lie, Get Over It
11/28/17 9:48 am

Hmm, let’s do the math... 1/2 from each of your parents, 1/4 from the grandparents, 1/8 from the prior generation, 1/16 from the next, and 1/32 from each great, great, great grandparent. If that’s her lineage, then she is a direct descendant. It doesn’t matter how many generations you go back. IJS

mtdewbob Arizona
11/28/17 9:56 am

It wasn’t each of the Great great grandparents it was only her great great great grandmother that was Native American. So great great great grandmother gives her 1/2, great great grandparents gives her 1/4 great grandparent gives her 1/8, Grandparents gives her 1/16th and her mother gave her 1/32.

SuperAgain They lie, Get Over It
11/28/17 10:04 am

A direct descendant of all 32 from that generation. IJS

RussianThunder Russia and USA
11/28/17 12:52 pm

Actually, I don’t believe her. Seems like a lot of Americans think they have Native American ancestry but if they do the DNA testing....they don’t.
I wonder if she really does and just because my great great great grandmother was Sami (she wasn’t, I’m just using this as an example) would not me Sami. I’m still just a White Russian Jew. Nothing exotic. Nothing that makes me stand out.
We have some friends with the last name of Broadbear. When he applied for colleges he got info for Native American scholarships. Both of his parents were from the UK. He was not Native American. He didn’t take advantage of something he could not rightfully claim.

rons screw politicians
11/28/17 6:16 am

Even the natives didn’t believe her. Go back enough greats you may be out of Africa.