Joy Reid of MSNBC thinks rural America is the core threat to democracy. Do you agree?
Do you really want Bill DiBlasio, or whatever alias he uses these days, running the Country?
No. MSNBC poses a much greater threat!
No, the opposite.
The unfair discrimination of people continues as normal.
She's welcome to eat her plastic phone while others eat farm-raised food.
Yes, they don't understand government, the people working in government or how a democracy works. They just want to get rid of people they don't like.
Reid’s comment is completely irresponsible and dangerous. And if people believe such rhetoric, then I fear we are doomed to civil war. Sooner or later. This is a VERY toxic mindset.
No. We’re the core OF the Republic.
No, because I’m not a elitist, bigoted, bubble-dwelling, left-wing looney toon.
I sort of wonder if this is out of context. Do you have a reference, one with the whole quote?
Disagree. But her attitude is
Idiotic comment and of course I disagree.
Idiotic left. Trump 2.0 will be here in a little over 3 years.
Who exactly is Trump 2.0?
Or are you referring to a second term?
Because of the overrepresentation.
Equal isn’t the same as “over.” My state deserves equal representation with Oregon....in the senate. You have more representation in the House. That’s good for you.
The problem isn’t legislation, it’s election.
Same same. Your # in the electoral college is the same as your representation.
This is a misrepresentation of what she said and you should know that.
Her tweet was fairly specific.
I don't think English is RT's native tongue. Maybe that's the issue?
On Twitter, she quoted a tweet that said “By 2040, about 70% of Americans are expected to live in the 15 largest states. They will have only 30 senators representing them, while the remaining 30% of Americans will have 70 senators representing them.” She said “This is the core threat to our democracy. The rural minority -- the people @JYSexton just wrote a long thread about -- have and will continue to have disproportionate power over the urban majority.”
Tell me where it says that rural America is the threat to democracy.
Seems to be pretty clear she’s suggesting rural America or at least rural people are less important than the cities (which would have little to nothing without exploiting the fruits of the rural population)
She’s saying that the threat to democracy being spoken about is the fact that the “few” are poised to hold more power than the “many.” It’s really a rather simple concept, Bert.
Why is this controversial? Of course RT misrepresented what Joy Reid posited but I concur with his misrepresentation.
Joy doesn’t seem to understand the Constitution. At all. The entire point of the Senate is that it is not population based.
And yes, she did say that rural Americans, or at least the Constitutional representation to which they are entitled, are a threat to democracy.
She’s so fu*king right!
The electoral college was put in place so rural dwellers had representation. Chicago determines how Illinois votes but farmers in Charleston should have a say too but doesn’t seem like they do. Everyone just cares about Chicago and then, just the white areas. South side are only given attention at vote time.
Yes, one that was deliberately built into the Constitution to protect the rest of the Country from big city demigods.
If she made the statement, I can’t find a mainstream source yet that says, she did, why is it so controversial given that conservatives have long implied that Urban minorities are a threat to democracy? 😊
I’ll post what was actually said above.
Hehe, yup! *cues banjo music
Y'all cum back now, y'here!...or better yet, don't :D
The have a different meaning of a Ho’ Down.
.... seems completely backwards to me.
Partially. I'd add urban and suburban America too 😂