Shazam November 27th, 2017 10:19pm

FOX, Rush, & Alex Jones! NOT FOX News, RL & AJ. MSNBC, CNN! Anything Trump or H. Sander says IS absolutely/absolutely is NOT! FB/Tabloids! Hillary! Putin! Is there anyway we can bridge the gap between us if we only believe those whose info we like?

lj74
11/27/17 10:21 pm

I don’t think we “are doomed”. I do believe that there will be a media “purge” at some point and more people are going to research what they are told.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
11/27/17 9:19 pm

Fortunately, it’s a relatively small cadre of the slowest (and noisiest) among us who fall into that category of being a “special kind of stupid”.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
11/27/17 8:29 pm

People need to put down their confirmation bias and start acting like adults who believe in facts. Aww fuck it.....we may be doomed.

rons screw politicians
11/27/17 3:32 pm

I watched Morning Joe Friday and they all discussed their Thanksgiving day! The funny thing was it was pre-recorded on Wednesday! Real fake news.

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
11/27/17 4:20 pm

You're making my point. You're confusing color commentary on the hosts' personal lives as "news." It's clearly not.

rons screw politicians
11/27/17 3:29 pm

Destroy out ipads, delete news apps, blocks Cable news. Sit on the porch and whittle!

thelowend imitation is flattery
11/27/17 3:31 pm

you know what? i’ll bet discourse would be much more civil with people if we all did something like that every day and completely disconnected. think you’re into something

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
11/27/17 5:53 pm

Nope. He's not. The solution to a current problem is never to step back technological advancements to a prior time. That never works.

thelowend imitation is flattery
11/28/17 8:32 am

i’m more thinking an hour or two a day - complete disconnect. think it would help

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
11/27/17 3:25 pm

I took a look at my Fake News poll, and it seems to me that everyone is completely unwilling to consider the opposite side as having anything truthful or valid to report. It also strikes me that this dichotomy has led us to replace the "I don't recall/remember" or "that is not my recollection" with a simple cry of "Fake News!" that leads to immediate acceptance and excusing what ever behavior was being discussed. This is a both sides issue - although there are bigger abusers in both teams.

⚡️

thelowend imitation is flattery
11/27/17 3:30 pm

facts aren’t facts anymore - on both “sides”. it’s mind numbing that the likes of karl rove, rachel maddow, and alex jones have led the lemmings along - at the cost of ratings, knowledge, and general decency

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
11/27/17 6:16 pm

LOW - I agree, but I'd take it a step farther. I blame Ted Turner. Way back when cable was in its infancy (I remember when it was an incredible 25 channels), Ted founded CNN. Within 3 yes, there were talk shows, although they were clearly distinct from the news. They were the most watched parts of CNN, and continued to expand and blur. Those lines have blurred to the point they now no longer exist. Part of the reason we have this "fake news" issue, is we no longer have news and later, commentary about it. We now have commentary about things that happen, but no news.

⚡️