Squidboy November 26th, 2017 3:12pm

The ‘United Mine Workers of America’ Union want the Federal Government to have tough safety enforcement w fines & citations. The Mine Health Safety Admin (MHSA) wants to reduce safety regulations. Pick a side:

suppressedID That is my secret Cap
11/28/17 8:11 am

That’s what is wrong with America today.: Lazy workers complaining about black lung disease and collapsing mine shafts. Get off your lazy butts and get down in the hole, monkey ! Make America great again!

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
11/28/17 9:06 am

Indeed! I need your death to power my electric car that the government paid for!

Alcerus fascist
11/26/17 1:12 pm

I dislike unions. I really dislike unions. This sounds like it was spun by the unions to make the MHSA look bad. I'd like to see a statement by the administration that explains their reasonings, because this looks really bad for them the way it's currently presented. I doubt that the MHSA is just laughing maniacally in their secret volcano base going "yes, yes, let's kill all the miners". Just like the things people say against President Trump, they're most likely not cartoon supervillains trying to cause as much harm as possible to the people.

Harry3603 Tampa Bay Florida.
11/26/17 4:20 pm

Coal mines are dangerous as it is. Reduced safety regulations better be backed up by history showing if any are unnecessary before eliminating them. You don't want to be gambling with people's lives!

DounutHole
11/27/17 1:36 pm

I dislike scabs, I really dislikes scabs! Hard-working folks deserve a safe working environment and a livable wage, with reasonable benefits and time off to enjoy their hard work, Unions help to provide this.

Source
11/26/17 12:30 pm

MHSA, of course, just to start with a blank slate. Neither the Union or the MHSA should decide safety rules.

Source
11/26/17 12:45 pm

A safety commission established by the company consisting of representatives from both the Union and the company for which the union works for.

Korosensei Maine
11/26/17 2:27 pm

And in the meantime before these new regulations are drawn up what exactly is protecting the rights of the workers?

Source
11/26/17 3:36 pm

This is crazy. You’re either saying it has to be JUST the workers who regulate their own rules, or some outside agency. Both are going to be incredibly biased. I don’t trust either to do the right thing. Put together a commission or a committee and agree on safety rules. This is commonplace for industrial workers.

Source
11/26/17 3:39 pm

If the union were in charge they could set production standards much lower, resulting in high paid employees doing little work. On the other hand, you have the corporations who look closer at their bottom line than their workers safety.
I’m not saying either will ALWAYS do this if presented with the choice, but it is a possibility.
The worst thing to do is let either one of them be the decider for workplace safety rules.

Source
11/26/17 3:40 pm

Because of the above reasoning, MHSA rules should remain until a fair committee can be established between the Union and Business.

JDoe Its a gift
11/26/17 11:02 am

The Trump administration supports mine owners and mining corporations, not miners. Good luck to them on this one.

timeout Boston Strong
11/26/17 10:11 am

The Mine Health Safety Administration aren’t thinking much about the safety of their workers? Union!!!