bower8899 November 26th, 2017 10:32am

Do you ever feel desperate for somebody (can be somebody in particular or just in general) to pay attention to you?

catpillow Florida West Coast
11/26/17 6:23 pm

Usually when I want help in a home improvement store.

LibArtie SW Connecticut
11/26/17 12:12 pm

I’m always yelling at my TV.

phalnx Ohio
11/26/17 9:04 am

No, my wife and kids make sure I'm never starved for attention.

I understand where you're coming from, though. Before I met my wife, I was pretty lonely even when I shouldn't have been.

You might get yourself tested for Asperger's...having that makes it hard to read people. There's really nothing they can do for it, other than a bit of therapy (which I consider 'Renting A Friend' :P), but at least you'll know what it is, and that does help a lot.

Dutchess Holly Jolly Christmas
11/26/17 6:20 am

I spend time helping people and welcome time when people don't want something from me. I treasure my alone time to decompress.

lcamino Florida and Georgia
11/26/17 5:07 am

No, but I can remember feeling that way as a child.

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
11/26/17 3:42 am

Of course, that’s natural

bower8899 ...
11/26/17 3:37 am

I experience both frequently.

I worry when I ask people to spend time with me or even just take to me I am being overly needy. I have never been very good at judging social situations, so I usually just end up seeing distant when I am just trying to give somebody the space I think they want. It doesn't help that I'm not particularly good at making friends. I feel socially isolated a lot. And this has turned into more of a rant than I meant it to so I'm just gonna stop before I dig myself a deeper hole.

Ebola1 Florida
11/26/17 4:54 am

You seem to function very well on here. I don’t know your age but as you mature these things will almost certainly improve.

phalnx Ohio
11/26/17 9:06 am

You'll be alright. Just try not to worry about that stuff, live your life, and good stuff will happen. Finding your significant other will cure all that, if nothing else does.

bower8899 ...