TopsQueen November 19th, 2017 6:47am

Is your state known for any serial killers?

ShawPPM1214 Washington
11/20/17 6:02 pm

Ted Bundy, Gary Ridgeway...

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
11/19/17 11:44 pm

Some happened in the city like Son of Sam. Berkowitz. I don't know if that guy killed Versace in N.Y. Andrew something? Arthur Shawcross

peterseb Idaho
11/19/17 6:36 pm

Paul Ezra Rhodes and Ted Bundy. I am sure there are more.

shygal47 Florida east coast
11/19/17 5:57 pm

Bundy for one, the current villain in Tampa - maybe more I don’t know about.

Kyle5 TN
11/19/17 5:49 pm

A dozen or so, but most notably we get to claim the first serial killers in America, The Harpe Brothers! Go Tennessee...

MachoMatt84 Mountain climbing
11/19/17 1:47 pm

Gary Ridgeway, also known as "The Green River Killer"

RussianThunder Russia and USA
11/19/17 11:49 am

OMG....just read this question and my brother was off and running (Wth?!)

HH Holmes and the murder castle.
John Wayne Gacy is the most famous.
William Heirens was the lipstick killer.
Ben Rhodes was from Il but was a truck driver.
Richard Speck killed nurses so is more of a mass killer but there is speculation he might have killed more.
Drew Petersen killed his wives
Harry Aleman killed uncountable people for the Chicago mafia
Jesse Sumner killed co-eds from ISU
Brian Dugan was a serial killer in Chicago
Johann Hoch is thought to have killed as many as 50 women in Chicago.
Mark Winger from Springfield, though all of his victims were connected.
Alton Coleman was a nasty serial killer in Chicago (honestly....they all “nasty ugh)
Larry Eyler was a Chicago serial killer
Nick Sheley was a Rock Falls and Granite City serial killer.

He says Illinois is more famous for single victim cases or one off cases like Leopold and Leob, Sarah Kolb and Cory Gregory etc.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/19/17 1:39 pm

Give him a hug from me. I thought of him when I posted this.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
11/19/17 4:42 pm

He continued talking for at least 30 minutes. Im not kidding

TrueAmerican7 I Am Galt.
11/19/17 9:47 am

The Black Widow. I️ monitored her daily for months.

jztheman Connecticut
11/19/17 8:48 am

I forgot his name but the Sandy Hook shooter.

gluxford1 Arizona
11/19/17 8:49 am

Adam Lanza. Although he's technically a mass murderer, not a serial killer.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/19/17 9:29 am

That’s one of the worst ones. My granddaughter was in kindergarten at the time. And sing the ABC song. It made me cry. I did a lot of crying that week. Those children would be in the sixth grade now.

gluxford1 Arizona
11/19/17 9:35 am

It was an act of unspeakable evil, no doubt. The Devil came to Connecticut that day. It's monsters like Lanza that have made me such a staunch supporter of capital punishment.

gluxford1 Arizona
11/19/17 7:59 am

We've had a few (The Maryvale serial shooter, the Baseline killer, and a few others) but none that were nationally known. The few cases from Arizona that gained national and sometimes international attention usually involved mass murder or a single murder victim. Some notable examples include:
1. Jodi Arias
2. The Rose-Mar College Of Beauty Murders
3. Winnie Ruth Judd (A.K.A "The Trunk Murderess")
4. The LaGrande brothers (This case gained international attention. They were German nationals who were convicted of gunning down one of their hostages during a botched bank robbery in Marana. Both were sentenced to death. Despite pleas from the German ambassador to the U.S., a German Member of Parliament, and Arizona's clemency board, then-governor Jane Dee Hull insisted that Karl and Walter LaGrande be put to death for their crimes. Karl was executed by lethal injection on February 24, 1999. Walter was executed in Arizona's gas chamber 2 weeks later.)

riggsy Myrtle Beach, S.C.
11/19/17 7:59 am

Peewee Gaskins, Susan Smith and Todd Kohlhepp

jakecrs905 Long Island, NY
11/19/17 7:20 am

Not only my state but I live 5 miles away from the Gilgo Beach murder site.

rons screw politicians
11/19/17 6:22 am

I sure there are in NJ. Would the mafia count?

Moderaterighty Ohio
11/19/17 4:30 am

Jeffery Dalhmer is the most notorious one, but Ohio had had its fair share, Anthony Dowell is a more recent one. I drive by the house where Dalhmer killed his first victim quite often. It's in Bath Township in Summit County Ohio if anyone is local and wants to look it up.

Moderaterighty Ohio
11/19/17 4:31 am

Stupid autocorrect, Anthony Sowell is the second ones name...

Tariq88 Utah
11/19/17 2:52 am

The most notable and famous one would most likely be Ted Bundy.

catpillow Florida West Coast
11/19/17 12:46 am

The three most well known are Ted Bundy, Danny Rolling, and Aileen Wuornos.

I found a list of the top ten here: m.ranker.com/list/worst-serial-killers-from-florida/cat-mcauliffe

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/19/17 2:00 am

Interesting

catpillow Florida West Coast
11/19/17 2:12 am

I remember when Ted Bundy was on the way to the electric chair people were lining up carrying signs with messages like “Burn Baby, Burn”. No one was protesting against his death penalty.

Tariq88 Utah
11/19/17 2:55 am

The things he did were horrible and all of his victims were innocent women some even still children, no one can relate to him because of that. This was pure justice being caaried out.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/19/17 8:09 am

He followed me on the campus at Central Washington state. It was the same day he got Susan Rancort. I spent the morning praying for for everyone involved. Including him.

shygal47 Florida east coast
11/19/17 6:00 pm

Hah! @catpillow .. I totally forgot about Wournos and I drive by that bar at least a couple times a week!

catpillow Florida West Coast
11/19/17 6:10 pm

OMG Tops, he followed you! You saw him? Thank heaven he didn’t get you. You're so helpful to people and he took advantage of that.

catpillow Florida West Coast
11/19/17 6:13 pm

Shygal, I had to look up the bar. I didn’t know about it. Do you feel creeped out when you’re around it?

shygal47 Florida east coast
11/20/17 9:00 pm

No - there are a ton of biker bars in this area. Twice a year they roll into town, party, race, do biker stuff, and then leave lots of $ in Daytona. Just hope they have a good time while they are here.
I told a friend of mine that if he ever planned to go there, I want to go too! Being curious have gotten me in trouble my whole life.🤷‍♀️

catpillow Florida West Coast
11/22/17 10:57 pm

I meant creepy because of the serial killer who was there, not because of it being a biker bar. Sometimes I can sense the presence of evil. I wonder if the feeling might linger.

catpillow Florida West Coast
11/22/17 10:58 pm

I’d probably go, too. Just to see if I could feel anything.

shygal47 Florida east coast
11/23/17 7:33 am

In that case, then that place must be loaded with it. It looks exactly like it did in the movie!
Happy Thanksgiving!

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/18/17 11:53 pm

Dayton Leroy Rogers. Killed at least six girls.