jstahl November 18th, 2017 1:54pm

Why do you think so many people refuse to say 'Trump' or 'President Trump'? Calling him things like 'Dumpster', '45', 'the orange one', etc is...

jstahl Build that wall
11/19/17 6:33 am

In your opinion. I'm sure the people who insulted Obama and called him names thought it was deserved also. Doesn't make either of you right. Or mature.

commonsense America isnt racist
11/18/17 5:53 pm

It’s similar to calling Obama a monkey, big ears ,dumb ass, kid, or the new kid.

11/19/17 9:56 am

Common ... except no credible individuals called MrO those names. It appears quite acceptable to the hypocrites on the left to call MrT all manner of childish names.

ladyniner81 I need chocolate
11/19/17 1:25 pm

Odumbo, ODumbass, ODoesn'twork, OVomit, ODipshit....ring a bell?

11/19/17 1:26 pm

Lady ... while all seem to fit, you’re in a leftist fueled stupor if you believe that those pejoratives were as prevalent as those used against MrT. Remember, anyone who dared not say “President Obama” was labeled a racist and shunned by society?

dylkohl The Media Lies
11/20/17 9:55 am

i don’t think anybody on the entire planet has once used the term “Odipshit”

Malekithe My pronouns are GFY
11/18/17 5:28 pm

It is meant to be disrespectful.
It means nothing.
It changes nothing.
In most cases it makes the name caller sound like an imbecile.
Rarely someone comes up with something actually funny.

ReyG
11/18/17 3:58 pm

Both....it’s equally funny and disrespectful BUT we don’t care about respecting the oompa loopa. He is a disgrace.

BuckSweep Goshen, IN
11/18/17 3:36 pm

Disrespect. Much deserved disrespect.

11/19/17 9:58 am

Sweep ... did you likewise excuse the well-earned disrespectful treatment of MrO?

jfish82285 Tennessean in Colorado
11/18/17 2:41 pm

Stop trying to make something out of nothing.

44YY Boston, MA
11/18/17 2:06 pm

I respect those who deserve respect.

abusara i drink and i know things
11/18/17 1:28 pm

Obummer? Obaliar? Barry Sotero? Killary? Libtard? Cuck? Feminazi? RINO?

Anyone? Anyone?

$5 says some of the same people butt hurt over Trump being called names have used one or more of the above without thinking twice about it.

More proof they are ❄️❄️❄️s.
As if we needed any 🙄

jstahl Build that wall
11/18/17 1:44 pm

Damn, it's just a question. Lighten up. Trump is the president, not Obama out Hillary. Who is the butt hurt one?

11/19/17 9:59 am

JS ... you are the winner! Leftists like Abu attempt to project their animus onto others with no success.

bower8899 ...
11/18/17 12:28 pm

It's meant to be disrespectful.

Hogoke Constitution
11/18/17 12:08 pm

The names you've mentioned are definitely not clever. They sound like a third grader came up with them

MrsCrayonWax
11/18/17 2:14 pm

👆🏼

11/19/17 10:00 am

Kill ... which is the effective educational level of most leftists who use those pejoratives.

susanr Colorado
11/18/17 10:27 am

It's both, but primarily disrespectful (so that's how I voted). Although, I think it's become fairly common to refer to a President by their sequential number, so "45" doesn't seem inherently disrespectful to me, although I'm aware of why some people use it.

I just refer to him as I do any President. Although I certainly don't feel about Donald Trump as I do about any other President, at least not in my lifetime. (Just the juxtaposition of "feel" and "Trump" in a sentence kinda makes me squirm.)

11/19/17 10:02 am

Susan ... and now you know how many of us felt while MrO was in office. The difference was we were called evil for evening thinking poorly of the former president.

JustHarry FL
11/18/17 10:17 am

It is disrespectful on purpose. For over 70 years I respected the Office of the President, even if I didn’t always agree with the President in Office. TRUMP IS NOT MY PRESIDENT AND I NO LONGER HAVE ANY RESPECT FOR THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT. trump to me is an embarrassment to America.

11/19/17 10:06 am

Harry ... it’s clear that you live in a bubble. MrO provided the country with the embarrassment. Thankfully, MrT is erasing the stain left by MrO.

Zach21 California
11/18/17 10:15 am

It's disrespectful for any president. Obama included

Alcerus fascist
11/18/17 11:25 am

For sure. I refer to all presidents as "President 'x'", since that's their title that extends beyond their time of service

voc I am...what I am
11/18/17 9:34 am

You have to give respect to get respect. He definitely doesn’t give respect

11/19/17 10:07 am

Voc ... did MrO give more or less respect than MrT?

voc I am...what I am
11/19/17 10:12 am

Neither personally gave me respect. Obama was more respectful than trump when he was speaking with or to anyone.

Think why do you have to interject Obama into every argument? I didn’t like him either. Not sure what you’d like me to say.

11/19/17 11:33 am

Voc ... I am looking for inconsistencies. In this case, the most vocal and the most angry individuals who are trashing MrT without restraint are the ones who corrected any conservative for respectfully challenging MrO. I get that you can’t see the double standard, but that doesn’t mean it is nonexistent.

11/19/17 11:39 am

Voc ... I don’t expect you to acknowledge it, but the polls discussions in SoH bear it out. I have been repeatedly called racist for referring to the former president as “Mr Obama” or “MrO”. I was told that the only non-racist way to refer to him was as “President Obama”.

Of course, those small shallow leftists used that line only because they couldn’t defend their silly positions of support for the man, but my point is that not one of those hypocrites has come forward to call you a racist for the disrespectful names that you call the current president, in fact, most of them are the ones feeding your the pejoratives!

jlong105 Indiana
11/18/17 9:01 am

What goes around comes around.

Obummer

Obama bin laden

brainshavings.com/obama-nicknames/

Acow Where is the Source
11/18/17 8:45 am

It’s disrespectful but what do you except after 8 years of name calling to Obama.

Oh I forgot name calling is only disrespectful when it’s towards a republican President, my bad.

jstahl Build that wall
11/18/17 8:52 am

I saw some people refer to him as Obummer or Barry. But not too much. And if I did, the conversation was over and their point was considered invalid, just as I do with the people calling Trump names. Saying 'but they did it' doesn't make something right.

voc I am...what I am
11/18/17 9:36 am

Lol! Not too much! You either didn’t pay attention, or just ignored it. People are still doing it, and he hasn’t even been in office for 11 months. The right is just as guilty of disrespect.

How about killary or hellary?

susanr Colorado
11/18/17 10:21 am

There are people on SOH who still refer to Barack Obama by such names every time they mention him. And not always the aggressive users who come to mind first; at least one of them is one of the most mild-mannered people around, except on that and related subjects (HRC, for example).

jstahl Build that wall
11/18/17 10:42 am

Like I said, I did see it, and still do. I still think it wasn't as prevalent, at least not in my social circles. Just a personal observation, your experience may be different. I'm not doubting yours, and you shouldn't doubt mine.

voc I am...what I am
11/18/17 10:56 am

Sorry. You’re right. I will and do respect your observations. I have no idea what’s going on with me.

Wormholes. Gotta be.

susanr Colorado
11/18/17 11:04 am

I don't hear people I know calling Trump names either, in my own life. Just the incessant online stuff. That got tiresome after about 30 seconds in my opinion.

jstahl Build that wall
11/18/17 11:42 am

I agree, I don't 'hear' it too often. But do see it online often, even among people I know in my 'real' life.

MrsCrayonWax
11/18/17 2:13 pm

I see it more with Trump in my Facebook feed than I do here. I have one elderly “friend” who’s referred and still refers to Michelle Obama as the worst possible things. It’s really disturbing but if you challenge them, their world crashes down because they have no justification for why they name call. There were definitely far more names called for democrats and most centered around Hillary, her sexuality, and gender and the Obamas race. Same with the anti Trump crowd. There is great truth in that you’re dealing with someone not sophisticated enough to engage in a worthwhile conversation about politics if they start out name calling.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
11/18/17 8:37 am

Of course it is. Just like all the derogatory things people called Barack (Obummer) and Michelle along with W and Laura. Enough already, you're not helping.

voc I am...what I am
11/18/17 9:37 am

See above. He didn’t see a whole lot of that

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
11/18/17 10:07 am

Well stated, few people have been more disrespectful of leaders than our current potus. I get that. But for me....2 wrongs don’t make a right. I do find the irony amusing though.

MrsCrayonWax
11/18/17 8:24 am

It’s extremely disrespectful. Not so much as I’m referring them any of them by last name but the name calling. I’ve always hated it. It’s also unoriginal when you’re just parroting what you’ve heard.

Metamorphosis
11/18/17 8:01 am

It is disrespectful. I try to refer to him as president. Each time I do this it helps to remind me how woefully uninformed the American electorate is right now. The American electorate is easily manipulated and they are not informed enough to understand what has happened to them.

Hyli
11/18/17 4:39 pm

Woefully uniformed and easily manipulated Americans helped Trump became president.

11/19/17 11:44 am

Hyli ... that and rampant racism are the only reasons that MrO became president.

Hyli
11/20/17 12:33 pm

Man, you guys sure love to randomly bring up Clinton and Obama despite neither one being president. Seems like an unhealthy fixation. Seek therapy, maybe?

11/20/17 2:06 pm

Hyli ... actually, it’s “you guys” who want to make ridiculous hypocritical statements without taking responsibility for the context. You wanted it one way with the failed former president and you want it just the opposite with the current president.

Why do you think that is? Bringing up your treatment of the idiocy of MrO or the corruption of MrsC forces you to be accountable for your double standard.

Sucks to be you! You see, for “us” (since you make it about us and you), we just remain consistent, whether it is a delusional Democrat or a reasonable Republican.

cpaswr just say the letters
11/18/17 7:07 am

Simply put, people don’t respect President Trump. In my opinion, President Trump doesn’t respect anyone that can’t benefit him directly.