Think November 18th, 2017 12:49am

A couple of years ago leftists demanded that police officers wear body cameras. Conservatives agreed, convinced cameras would exonerate officers and convict perpetrators. Leftists now don’t want cameras. Who got it right? See the attached ...

JustHarry FL
11/18/17 10:00 am

THINK, YOU DON’T!

11/18/17 10:18 am

Harry ... it is curious that you know what I think. Are you able to stay focused on the topic at hand?

JustHarry FL
11/18/17 10:29 am

Maybe when you take your head out of trump’s ass and see the topic in the real world. Look’s to me most intelligent people on here recognize that cameras are not going away and can benefit both the Police and victim’s of Police brutality on what really happened at the time of the incident.
Now, I know your going to respond with one of your silly diversions, You don’t know me, you didn’t read my right wing attachment, etc. etc. Just a little prediction, right wing sicko’s, like you are not going to like where this Country is headed.

11/19/17 10:37 am

Harry ... let’s both hope you live long enough to be laughed at for your silly carrying of the water for the hypocritical left.

It is a matter of time before more leftists reactionaries demand the body cameras be turned off as their desired outcome — uncovering rampant police brutality — never happens and the raw footage actually confirms the police version of events in a majority of cases, resulting in justifiably harsher punishments for criminals.

In the meantime, carry on in your leftist stupor.

lj74
11/18/17 8:43 am

The claims of racism and cop killer are going to be forced to be swallowed by the excuse making SJW’s

polster2 US
11/18/17 7:46 am

There are arguments to be made on both sides of this, but only present a right-wing source, and your results will be skewed.

thatguy2 We tried to warn you
11/17/17 7:10 pm

People on either side that support cameras are right. We now have proof that cops plant drugs on suspects.

11/17/17 7:38 pm

Guy ... keep dreaming. I get that you won’t follow the link as it discredits your position. That’s ok, we’ve got this.

11/18/17 9:52 am

Polster ... when did I say there were no bad cops. I just want you to continue to confess your devotion to body cameras as within a very short time you’re going to lose your leftist club card. The pressure is mounting and the article that I attached to the poll question is NOT the first where a leftist group is positioning to try to discredit the use of body cameras. There are several others and the number will only grow.

Most conservatives will continue to advocate for body cameras because they uncover bad players on both sides. Leftists can’t stand the fact that body cameras prove that the vast majority of police are good, law abiding public servants while the majority of the thugs they deal with belong in jail.

swervin Maryland
11/17/17 6:52 pm

I don't understand the issue here. People are upset that the police are reviewing the videos before writing the reports? Like having an accurate report of what happened is a bad thing? What in the world?

11/17/17 7:41 pm

Swerv ... this is not the first, nor will it be the last, excuse that leftists attempt to make as to why videos are “unfair” to the perpetrators.

Some of us laughed when the left got up in arms, demanding videos that they thought would point out the “conspiracy” of police. It’s not turning out to be true. In fact, the majority of video is actually quite damning to perpetrators and so the left is now desperate to come up with a viable reason why we shouldn’t allow police to video tape.

This article simply highlights the most recent attempt to discredit video tapes from body cameras.

swervin Maryland
11/17/17 7:58 pm

Yeah, who would think it would have proved that 99% of police are honest, hard working citizens? I could have sworn it would have shown that all police are corrupt and racist.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
11/17/17 6:33 pm

I stay out of the party issue here, I just think anything that records the encounter as it actually happened is helpful to determine the truth provided no editing or other tampering is possible.
It's like with the black box on airliners.

11/17/17 6:35 pm

Praet ... are you suggesting that police officers are editing the videos?

Praetorianus Fair enough.
11/17/17 6:38 pm

No but if it would be relatively easy, not every officer could resist the temptation if he thinks he looks bad in the encounter. They're humans, not machines.

11/17/17 7:28 pm

Praet ... and your point is ...?

Praetorianus Fair enough.
11/17/17 9:51 pm

That past leftists and past/present conservatives got it right and current leftists wrong.

11/18/17 9:59 am

Praet ... conservatives have been cheering all along for body cameras as we knew the kind of scum that police interact with.

RagingMystic covfefe
11/17/17 6:28 pm

More fake news from think, not suprising

11/17/17 6:33 pm

Mystic ... if only you had proof to the contrary. Unfortunately, you do not! And rather than address the clear hypocrisy of the left, you attempt to toss up a yet another failed strawman.

I pity your pathetic position.

RagingMystic covfefe
11/17/17 6:35 pm

The article clearly says the group said that unrestricted editing of bodycam footage is the problem, not bodycams.

11/17/17 6:43 pm

Mystic ... I’m so happy that you drank the kool-aid, and can therefore regurgitate the reasons why the police full review of video of an encounter with a suspect is in ANY way a bad idea?

I simply can’t wait for your ludicrous response!

RagingMystic covfefe
11/17/17 7:21 pm

Try actually reading the article you linked.

11/17/17 7:27 pm

Mystic ... yep, who’d have guessed that you wouldn’t answer the question.

RagingMystic covfefe
11/17/17 7:35 pm

Rhe article answers the question, if you read it. You must have been wonderful in English class when you were a kid.

11/17/17 7:42 pm

Mystic ... I asked you. I know what the article says about the nonsensical and pathetic attempts by the left to discredit videos that overwhelmingly indict perpetrators and don’t show the police brutality that mindless leftists were sure was happening.

RagingMystic covfefe
11/17/17 7:45 pm

Clearly you don't.

ReyG
11/17/17 6:18 pm

Did any of you actually look at the link? Lol do some research and use your brain and try to understand what the point is. I️ know it’s hard to think critically without including your own personal bias, but try I️t out.

“The vast majority of the nation’s leading police departments with body-worn camera programs allow unrestricted footage review – meaning, officers are permitted to review footage from body-worn cameras whenever they’d like, including before writing their incident reports or making statements.”

“Unrestricted footage review creates an illusion of accuracy because it produces a false impression........which can distort how an independent factfinder, like a judge or a jury, might understand how an incident truly unfolded. In the worst cases, because of the inherent limits of body-worn cameras, unrestricted footage review allows officers to square their version of events to the footage, and potentially create false beliefs about what actually happened.”

11/17/17 6:29 pm

Rey ... it’s clear that you think your smart. It also appears that you somehow think the ridiculous assertion of the leftist group is valid in some way.

Are you an advocate of police using pencil and paper to take notes that are then used later when they write their reports or so you likewise believe that having taken notes during their investigation that it somehow gives an illusion of accuracy that isn’t there?

ReyG
11/17/17 7:20 pm

Are you educated? Add a profile pic btw don’t use the screen to hide lol like I️ said, if you read the article and use some critical thinking skills, those things we were taught in high school, you would see where they are coming from. It’s saying police now use the videos to fill in fragmented memories, usually the things they “remember” are incorrect but they think that they have the story right because the video validates their belief of how the events happened. It’s pretty simple actually. Don’t have to “think you’re smart” to understand that lmao.

ReyG
11/17/17 7:23 pm

I️ never said police shouldn’t use cameras but to insinuate that their opinions on cameras are wrong just because they contradict something that was previously said, is ignorant. Situations change, opinions change. That’s okay lol

ReyG
11/17/17 7:25 pm

For someone who is profile name is “think“ you sure don’t seem to be doing a lot of it LMAO. Okay I’m done, rant over.

11/17/17 7:27 pm

Rey ... I’ll leave your nonsensical jabs in the trash where they belong. I note that you chose to set your hair on fire in an attempt to distract from the fact that you didn’t answer the probing question.

I’ll await your answer.

sydneyswaggon
11/17/17 6:18 pm

Leftists or some weird group called the leadership conference?😂

11/17/17 6:25 pm

Sydney ... do you think this leftist group is unique in their condemnation of body cameras?

sydneyswaggon
11/17/17 6:27 pm

Most people I know who lean left are big advocates for body cams.

11/17/17 7:33 pm

Sydney ... I see you haven’t had the latest batch of leftist kool-aid. I’ll watch with interest as your head sound 189 degrees after that next sip.

The article highlights just one of a growing number leftist excuses why body cameras are “not good” — at least for perpetrators.

We are seeing that the results are showing OVERWHELMINGLY that police officers are doing their duty and that perpetrators are guilty. The videos will continue to condemn FAR more perpetrators than police — as some of us had expected from the beginning.

It won’t be much longer before the tide turns for leftists — kind of like how Mr Clinton was the hero of the left until he wasn’t any more. Not because of new rape allegations, but because the left has decided that they can no longer carry his sorry carcass with the lies and crimes that go along with him.

sydneyswaggon
11/17/17 7:39 pm

I don’t drink kool aid sir. Can’t have that much sugar. Also, I’m pretty damn center, some night even consider me a libertarian. I have many friends who are liberal because I don’t buy into the partisan bullshit. They advocates for body cams because we have stop and frisk where I live. Law abiding citizens want to be protected, You know, you can make a point or an argument without being condescending or hyper-polarizing.

11/17/17 7:46 pm

Sydney ... I get that you were in a coma for the past several years as mindless leftists attempted to say that body cameras were a must so we could uncover the “vast conspiracy” of police brutality. The camera footage has proven the exact opposite. It’s showing — as many conservatives predicted — that perpetrators are the ones lying to police and the videos have become an invaluable part of securing convictions.

Now the left must come up with arguments for why we can’t have body cameras — the attached article is just one of the most current and most laughable examples of their pathetic attempts to discredit the cameras.

I say let he cameras continue to roll. The result will be more leftists in jail ... thankfully!

sydneyswaggon
11/17/17 7:53 pm

You have quite the imagination. The way you speak of these entities in a very conspiratorial fashion, inferring odd things that I never posited in my brief few sentence reply....you sound slightly unhinged. I think I’ll end this interaction now. Just be wary of broad brushstrokes and the “us” and “them” dichotomy. Police are people and so leftists.

sydneyswaggon
11/17/17 7:54 pm

Some police are even left leaning 🤷🏻‍♀️

11/17/17 7:55 pm

Sydney ... end what you will. The rest can see that you’ve avoided addressing the issue.

sydneyswaggon
11/17/17 7:59 pm

Fine, if I’ll indulge your delusional mania. People in power need accountability. Police wield enormous power and are often put in danger. We’ve had a lot of incidents that were very ambiguous, it wasn’t clear. For the protection of the officer and the accused, body cams are necessary. You can count that as addressed. 👍

11/18/17 12:06 am

Sydney ... thanks for confirming that you believe that only the police need to act responsibly. You are the problem with the country!

MrMilkdud
11/17/17 6:03 pm

How dare police write incident reports based off of the recorded event. Those racist bastards will do anything to hold us down!

Okie1967 Lets go brandon
11/17/17 6:08 pm

Video: “listen cracka, get your pig butt off my porch before I bust a cap in yo ass.”
Officer’s report: “while executing an arrest warrant for looting, the suspect threatened to shoot the arresting officers.”

Okie1967 Lets go brandon
11/17/17 6:11 pm

Suspect’s subsequent testimony: “The cop’s report took everything out of context.”

Carolynn new jersey
11/17/17 5:55 pm

I still want body cameras on police officers. Why would someone be against that?

11/17/17 5:59 pm

Carolynn ... I pointed to the attached article to help folks just like you. A growing number of leftists are now deriding cameras as “unfair”. I recommend that you take a look at the article, and welcome your reaction to it.

Carolynn new jersey
11/17/17 6:13 pm

It looks like they have a problem with police reviewing the footage before making a statement or written report. They should address this issue without taking the body cameras away.

11/17/17 6:16 pm

Carolynn ... shall we discuss the silly assertion that reviewing the tapes prior to writing a report is somehow prejudicial?

This is just so funny that it’s hard to keep a straight face when discussing this disingenuous claim.

Carolynn new jersey
11/17/17 6:28 pm

I would think there would be a problem if the officer changes his story after reviewing the tapes. A judge and jury won't only analyze the tapes, they will analyze the events perceived by the officer.

11/17/17 7:35 pm

Carolynn ... the videos will continue to vindicate police and convict perpetrators.

You’re suggesting that police are changing their stories with an ounce of evidence. I am also anxious to know if you’re going to propose a ban on police officers using pencils and palate as those recording devices may help police to “change” their reports after the fact.

Carolynn new jersey
11/17/17 8:11 pm

Think, are you ever capable of looking at a story from multiple angles? Can you just step back and entertain a few different interpretations?

11/17/17 8:13 pm

Carolynn ... ya ya, it’s funny that you’d suggest what you appear unwilling to do yourself!

Carolynn new jersey
11/17/17 8:17 pm

You make no sense. I stated at the beginning that I want police to wear body cameras. In my responses to you I'm considering some of the reasons they want police to write their statement without viewing the footage.

11/17/17 8:20 pm

Carolynn ... why is it that this and other groups are opposing body cameras?

Carolynn new jersey
11/17/17 8:29 pm

Think, read the article.

11/17/17 8:30 pm

Carolynn ... oh, I did! The question is ... did you and are you able to synthesize what you learned there, then apply it to our current events?

Carolynn new jersey
11/17/17 8:35 pm

It seems like this convo is going in circles. We just talked about this.

11/17/17 10:31 pm

Carolynn ... recognizing your limitations is the first step to fixing them!

zimmy Florida
11/17/17 5:53 pm

I’m a leftist and still want body cameras, I don’t know where you got that information?

Okie1967 Lets go brandon
11/17/17 5:55 pm

Well, for instance, the naacp has openly said that cameras shouldn’t be allowed. This isn’t a new thing- lots of articles written about it in the last year. Try looking at the article that was linked in this poll.

11/17/17 5:56 pm

Zimmy ... did you read the attached article?

zimmy Florida
11/17/17 5:57 pm

But the poll says leftist, not the naacp, most leftist I know still want body cameras. That blanket statement is just not true.

Okie1967 Lets go brandon
11/17/17 6:01 pm

Leftist, democrat, liberal, socialist - they’re all the same thing with at most a very nuanced and undetectable difference in “tone” between them. I know you’ll disagree, but you’ve already shown you don’t think the naacp is on the left side of the spectrum and so I don’t give you even a single credit for having any judgment.

zimmy Florida
11/17/17 6:04 pm

Huh? I’ve never discussed the NAACP with you? The vast majority of Progressives support body cameras period! That blanket statement from this poll is just false!

Okie1967 Lets go brandon
11/17/17 6:08 pm

⬆️We just discussed it.

zimmy Florida
11/17/17 6:11 pm

Yeah only now, never before. If they support cameras or not, I don’t know? But the majority of the left does support it, so the poll should have said NAACP not the entire left.

Okie1967 Lets go brandon
11/17/17 6:15 pm

Well okay then. Backup your statement that the majority of the left supports cameras with a link to a study showing such or at least some articles where it’s alleged that most leftists support it. Your statement simply isn’t enough.

zimmy Florida
11/17/17 6:18 pm

Well this polls statement isn’t either. I’ll do a poll for democrats in SOH and watch they will say they want body cameras, how about that?

Okie1967 Lets go brandon
11/17/17 6:20 pm

Nope. SOH polls don’t mean anything. Link to an article as this poll’s author did.

zimmy Florida
11/17/17 6:22 pm

I see, because you know most Democrats really do want body cameras on police officers as I do, I believe they do protect the police as well, everyone wins with body cameras!

Okie1967 Lets go brandon
11/17/17 6:23 pm

No, they don’t which is why you can’t link to such an article.

11/17/17 6:24 pm

Zimmy ... is the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People a conservative group?

Can you also direct to precisely where in the poll question that I said “all leftists” or “all conservatives”? I stand by the precision of the poll question as it is 100% accurate as written.

zimmy Florida
11/17/17 6:24 pm

Yes they do! Which is why you don’t want me taking a poll.

Okie1967 Lets go brandon
11/17/17 6:25 pm

You’re not very bright.

zimmy Florida
11/17/17 6:26 pm

Think- do all right wing groups agree on everything? I’m telling you the vast majority of progressives want body cameras, this poll should have just said the NAACP not leftist.

zimmy Florida
11/17/17 6:27 pm

Okie-so we started the insults? when you know you got nothing, pretty typical.

11/17/17 7:37 pm

Zimmy ... all conservatives agree on very little. But who can be surprised that you dodged my question to you?

zimmy Florida
11/17/17 7:39 pm

Leftist now don’t want video cameras. That’s just untrue

11/18/17 1:57 am

Zimmy ... I unstated you didn’t read the article that I attached as it destroys your position.

Okie1967 Lets go brandon
11/17/17 5:53 pm

The camera have destroyed the democrat narrative by showing that nearly all police encounters are justified and appropriate.

Okie1967 Lets go brandon
11/17/17 5:54 pm

And the cameras counter false claims of racism, abuse, etc.

11/17/17 5:55 pm

Absolutely agree. Some of us predicted that then, I know you were there too.