Laserbeam November 18th, 2017 12:36am

It’s a good idea to check which apps you’re subscribed (paying money) to every once in a while. From the App Store (iOS), open your account settings, then Subscriptions. Remember that many “free trials” become paid subscriptions after a certain time.

jlong105 Indiana
11/18/17 8:57 pm

Yeah most people don’t realize if they’ve been on SOH for more than a month they are paying for it.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
11/21/17 7:31 pm

Most people also don’t realize that gullible isn’t in the dictionary.

jlong105 Indiana
11/21/17 8:44 pm

Not that they would admit it, but how many people do you think checked this out.

Jeninerd Hoth, AK
11/18/17 2:58 pm

I don't think I've ever paid for or spent money on an app.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
11/21/17 7:32 pm

Your account reads “Power User”. Doesn’t that mean you donated money at some point under the previous owner?

Carolynn new jersey
11/17/17 6:02 pm

I think I'm fine. I don't have any payment info in my settings. I don't make any purchases on my phone.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
11/17/17 5:46 pm

Once the trial period ends, won't they inform you whether you want to go ahead with paid subscription?
Ok I'm on Android but they don't ask me for credit info to activate a trial subscription.

susanr Colorado
11/17/17 6:33 pm

I believe that I've always gotten email notices if I have a subscription like that for an iOS app, whether it was a free trial, a paid subscription renewed only if I chose to renew, or a paid subscription that auto-renewed (giving me enough notice to cancel if I wanted, in the latter case).

I don't know if there are any apps that *don't* do that, though. It may or may not be an Apple requirement for app developers.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
11/17/17 5:38 pm

If you don’t use an Apple device, you’re on your own for figuring it out. The price you pay for not having the best device/os available to you.

Axl752 NY
11/17/17 5:47 pm

I'd prefer a secondary device that actually has a headphone/aux jack.

Axl752 NY
11/17/17 5:50 pm

...and expandable storage. .... and universal cable jacks

phalnx Ohio
11/17/17 6:19 pm

You can't emulate platforms on iOS. Android wins.

susanr Colorado
11/17/17 6:29 pm

Laserbeam, are you using iOS 11? I haven't updated from iOS 10.something yet, and I don't see Account Settings in the App Store itself. I know how to get there from iOS 10, though. It isn't the least bit intuitive, so if anyone else comments that they can't find it, let me know and I can post it as a reply to them.

jarod California
11/17/17 7:12 pm

Lmao the best device available certainly isn't from Apple.

sea California
11/17/17 9:43 pm

iOS 11 killed my battery. Specifically YouTube needs to update their app ASAP and fix their bug!