WorstGooEver November 17th, 2017 10:32pm

Just heard on the news: β€œMan in Tennessee(I think) accidentally shoots self and wife in their church while participating in a lively discussion about how churchgoers should carry firearms.” (Both survived)

catpillow Florida West Coast
11/17/17 11:33 pm

Yay, it wasn’t Florida!

PointB Libertarian Centrist
11/17/17 10:19 pm

Well they do like to keep it in the family down there.

SuperAgain They lie, Get Over It
11/17/17 8:09 pm

In all seriousness, this is a little like knowing when your elderly parents shouldn’t be driving anymore. IJS

RussianThunder Russia and USA
11/17/17 7:35 pm

Perhaps “deadly discussion” would be a better description than “lively discussion”

Zod Above Pugetropolis
11/17/17 6:20 pm

Any story that starts with "Man in Tennessee..." probably has a Darwin component in it somewhere.

thomas12466 Los Angeles
11/17/17 6:19 pm

Guns stop crime from happening. Be the vigilante who changes the world, and defend the innocent and elderly from being the target of violence or sexual crimes. Criminals don’t have a chance. United together, we truly do make a difference.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
11/17/17 4:41 pm

This is precisely why a mandatory firearm safety course needs to be one of the steps required in the purchasing process. Even I know that you should NEVER place your finger on the trigger unless you’re ready to kill.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
11/17/17 4:44 pm

I’d even go one step farther and say that it a safety refresher course should be required each time somebody applies to renew a concealed carry permit (which should be required to be renewed no less frequent than annually).

swervin Maryland
11/17/17 5:11 pm

I agree with you there. Guns are not toys. I went into a shooting range a few years ago and they just gave me a gun with ammo after just taking my ID. The gun was fucking shitty and had several misfires and the casing failing to eject. Luckily, I knew what to do, but they didn't know that. I could have been some kid who didn't know what to do and gotten someone killed by accident.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
11/17/17 5:25 pm

Ranges need to be more regulated and face the possibility of being shut down if they fail to follow universal safety procedures.

LibArtie SW Connecticut
11/17/17 5:47 pm

I’ve always advocated for mandatory training but so much more needs to be done. Weapons should be registered, owners licensed, ammo marked and limited, military style weapons and large magazines banned, body armor regulated, and more.

swervin Maryland
11/17/17 6:39 pm

Lol, libartie ignored me. That's funny! I say I am pro some sort of gun training and I get ignored. Makes sense...

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
11/17/17 4:00 pm

And this is why MORE GUNS doesn't make us safer. Because more guns means more idiots with guns. Btw.....I carried a gun for 5+ years at work and never shot myself or anyone else on accident. You have to be a special kind of stupid....

suppressedID That is my secret Cap
11/17/17 4:08 pm

But in a country of 400 million, even if “special kind of stupid” is infinitesimal, that’s a lot. And they ALL have ready access to firearms.

voc I am...what I am
11/17/17 3:49 pm

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ holy shit. You can’t make this stuff up. We are so fucked as a country..

suppressedID That is my secret Cap
11/17/17 4:09 pm

Assuming no one was killed....please be true.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
11/17/17 4:47 pm

First time holding a gun? Because anybody with half a brain knows to never point the gun at anybody unless you plan to shoot them. Same goes with having your finger anywhere near the trigger. Same goes with turning the safety off.