swervin November 17th, 2017 10:29pm

What's worse: an awkward hug from someone who might not have wanted it or groping someone's breasts while they are sleeping?

geoag02 Dallas, TX
11/18/17 11:02 am

I don’t understand why we as a society can’t agree that hugs are awesome.

bluerum29 optimistic idealist
11/18/17 7:15 am

Awkward hug, yup that's what I called it in the other poll.

SuperAgain They lie, Get Over It
11/17/17 8:12 pm

Both are much more awkward while wearing Kevlar flak jackets. 😉

LibArtie SW Connecticut
11/17/17 5:49 pm

It was a mock grope. Your poll question is flawed and skewed. Downvoted.

11/17/17 6:07 pm

Sure. Keep telling yourself that...

Symeon USA
11/17/17 10:27 pm

It’s a tad childish to downvote a persons poll based on your political favorites.

jlong105 Indiana
11/18/17 9:19 am

A mock gripe is alright then??
Stretching values a bit are we?

shygal47 Florida east coast
11/17/17 5:02 pm

I would reply to the convo I was in, but everything vanished ... only lj’s comment remain...
What gives?
@susanr .. do you have any idea?

susanr Colorado
11/17/17 7:11 pm

shygal - You're apparently not seeing the first (bottom) thread in the poll, the one that starts with swervin's comment, or a couple others from him in this poll in other threads. It looks as if swervin must have put you on ignore. That means that all comments posted by him (past, current and future, while you're on ignore) will be invisible to you, and if a thread began with a post from him, the entire thread will vanish. You also won't see his poll questions, and won't be able to access his poll list from his profile.

Sorry to be the bearer of that news...

11/17/17 8:24 pm

Susan is correct. I basically got called a rapist by that user so I put them on ignore. I can deal with a lot of things but some stuff is so wildly inappropriate that I won't stand for it. If they want to know why, feel free to tell them. I won't have that type of negativity on my future polls though.

shygal47 Florida east coast
11/19/17 9:12 am

Oh that’s ok - @swervin is welcome to ignore me. I’ll survive.
🤣😂

11/17/17 4:00 pm

That's not a choice. One is sexual assault and one is a voluntary interaction between 2 people. A sleeping person can not give consent, putting your arm around someone when they give you a hug is nonverbal consent to accept the hug. It's pretty black and white here.

lj74
11/17/17 4:03 pm

An awkward hug is not always by mutual consent

11/17/17 3:31 pm

Inspired by a recent poll by Shazam in which he accuses Donald Trump of groping a female, when the video evidence shows it was a hug, awkward hug maybe, but still a hug.

voc I am...what I am
11/17/17 3:48 pm

Too bad franken didn’t actually touch her boobs. Still disgusting and uncalled for. Trump was just straight up creepy.

11/17/17 3:51 pm

You don't think he did? Come on now, he even admitted that he did and there is a picture of it. Stop defending sexual predators. This shit is out of control. Just because someone has a D next to their picture on CNN doesn't mean they aren't predators.

Ebola1 Florida
11/17/17 3:53 pm

@Shazam stretches the truth a lot. He put me on ignore when I brought up the Catholic Church colluding with the Nazis in WWII in a poll where he was approving of the Pope calling the head of the PLO an “angel of peace”. LOL

voc I am...what I am
11/17/17 4:02 pm

Easy slick, I wasn’t defending that sexual predator any more than I was defending our sexual predator president. All I said was he didn’t touch her boobs. He did not, unless her boobs were in the pockets of the flack jacket where the steel plates go.

Now why are you defending someone who gets to grab pussy?

voc I am...what I am
11/17/17 4:05 pm

And ps...I’m not a Democrat. I don’t care what they have after their names. They are all scum

11/17/17 4:08 pm

So if I shot you with a gun and you had a vest on and the vest absorbed most of the impact, I didn't shoot you? That's what you are saying.
Also, he said words about that and if you actually listened to the words.

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.

They let you do anything. Not, "I forced myself on them and they fought back but I kept going because I'm a star".

It was a pretty messed up comment, I will give you that, but he never said anything that implied sexual assault.

11/17/17 4:10 pm

If you have proof that he assaulted someone, please bring it forward. If not, stop acting like it's the same. It's not, at all.

voc I am...what I am
11/17/17 4:18 pm

Are you for real??? Read what you wrote. He never implied that?? What the hell is wrong with you? Grab them by the pussy IS sexual assault. Oh and here’s the rest of that interview. All in context for you.
www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/oct/08/context-donald-trumps-lewd-remarks-2005/

Seriously dude have some fucking integrity. Your lord and savior trump is just as big of a piece of shit.

11/17/17 4:28 pm

"Let". not prevent or forbid; allow. If someone allows someone to do something, how is it sexual assault?
Sexual assault is a sexual act in which a person is coerced or physically forced to engage against their will, or non-consensual sexual touching of a person.

You might want to learn what words mean. Again, if you have proof that he sexually assaulted someone, please bring it forward. I will gladly change my views. If that's all you have, which lets face it, it is, than you have no room to stand. One is clearly sexual assault and one is words that offend some people.

voc I am...what I am
11/17/17 4:32 pm

Wow dude. Sad this is what our world has come to. It’s ok for trump because he says what we’re all thinking.

Got it.

11/17/17 4:35 pm

Again, if you have any proof, show me. If not, stand down. Your bias is showing.

11/17/17 4:37 pm

As much as the left hates everything President Trump has done, don't you think if their was a shred of proof, it would have been brought forward by now?

shygal47 Florida east coast
11/17/17 4:43 pm

omg ... tell me I didn’t just read swervin say basically if one is too afraid to say anything they have given consent??
I just got a really creepy feeling all over.
Barf.

11/17/17 4:45 pm

I did not say that. Don't put words in my mouth.

Zach21 California
11/17/17 5:58 pm

Voc, if Franken didn't touch her boobs then what was he doing? C'mon now, just look at the picture.

voc I am...what I am
11/17/17 6:18 pm

What he did is inexcusable and reprehensible. I’m not defending him. What he did however, was not what I would call groping.

11/17/17 6:41 pm

@voc: if you were wearing a jock strap and a cup and I went to touch your penis but the cup got in the way, would that be groping?

voc I am...what I am
11/17/17 6:47 pm

Did you go to touch my dick or grab it? And why are we arguing about semantics? Look if you want to call it groping, grabbing, fondling, whatever, go for it. It’s disgusting and wrong either way.

It’s funny that you think that’s bad, but what trump says is A ok.

Their both scum.

11/17/17 6:54 pm

I went to grab, touch, fondle, grope, whatever you want to call it. The cup stopped me from making contact. Does that make what I did any less gross or in appropriate? I attempted to violate you but was stopped because of something you had on. The attempt was still there. You are defending him because he didn't make contact. That's fucking bullshit and you know it.

11/17/17 6:56 pm

I'm also not defending President Trump. What he said wrong but it's not the same as physically assaulting someone. You have to see that there is a difference. A sleeping woman can not possibly give consent.

voc I am...what I am
11/17/17 6:58 pm

How am I defending him? By saying what he did was horrible?

You, however did defend trump. That is fucking bullshit.

11/17/17 7:09 pm

By saying he never sexual assaulted someone? Yeah, I guess that is defending someone. Explaining the difference in an inappropriate comment and literal sexual assault, how dare I?!

susanr Colorado
11/17/17 9:03 pm

I think we're all seeing, hearing, perceiving, and feeling somewhat different things when we look at these incidents, to at least some extent colored by our own biases - a lot of it political, but not all. I wish we could all take a step back and be aware that in probably *all* of the incidents none of them are 100% cut & dried, or at least we're interpreting them differently and try to talk about *that* (we're looking at a photo, one moment in time; or hearing accusations from a number of people with no witnesses (I'm *not* discounting accusers *or* the accused; they both need to be heard); or a video) and maybe *why* we do that, rather than maybe just say no, you're wrong... Maybe that's what we're doing; I don't know. It just feels like we don't ever get anywhere beyond arguing.

voc I am...what I am
11/17/17 9:08 pm

Good point Susan. As usual. Damn voice of reason.

Sorry swervin.

11/17/17 9:16 pm

Thanks Susan! I think we both needed that. I'm sorry too Voc, I sort of went off the edge when I was basically called a rapist by someone else.

susanr Colorado
11/17/17 9:18 pm

Oh, and I meant to say that I don't mean just here, but all the polls about this & the larger issue, and the elsewhere on the internet, and in our society as a whole.

I didn't mean you guys in particular (although my comment here was sort of by way of *not* wanting to convey swervin's thoughts to shygal in her question above, about why he put her on ignore, and I got really tangled up in trying to decide whether to say anything about how I didn't understand what made him feel that way, or not, but clearly he does, so I can't discount that). I really think this issue is ripping us apart - friends here, and maybe our society (not that's it is the only thing that is), and it really concerns me. And hurts.

susanr Colorado
11/17/17 9:19 pm

And now I sound like a lunatic.

voc I am...what I am
11/17/17 9:29 pm

I agree. Not about you being a lunatic. And tonight has been especially weird. I’m not usually this pissy. I can usually have a discussion without flying off the handle like I did.

There was a poll yesterday about wormholes being opened by the cern large hadron collider that was causing all the issues were having. Maybe they’re right. I’m blaming it on the worm holes.

11/17/17 9:36 pm

I blame worm holes for Berenstein bears turning into Berenstain bears. I swear, it was never Berenstain. I remember arguing with someone who called it "stein like Frankenstein" and I pronounced it like "Steen". I never would have had that argument is if it was "stain".

susanr Colorado
11/17/17 9:55 pm

There's a word for that.

susanr Colorado
11/17/17 10:17 pm

Oh wow. I had the word wrong. And the way I had the word wrong is almost an example of the word.

Well, first, it's not a word; it's a phrase: the Mandela Effect. *Supposedly* named because of the collective misremembering that Nelson Mandela died in prison, but he didn't; he died many years later. (An interesting side story, speaking of wormholes, is that this doesn't really seem to be a very common misremembering at all, so why is it named that? See this article, which also calls the phenomenon "Schrodinger's nostalgia", which I can explain if that doesn't ring a bell: www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/berenstain-bears-debate-is-a-case-of-schrodingers-nostalgia/article25972071/)

OK, so *I* was thinking all along that it was called the *Mandala* Effect, meaning the Buddhist/Hindu circular graphic art thingie representing the universe. But I didn't know why. So I looked it up... and found it was Mandela, not Mandala.

But I would *swear* that I've always seen it as Mandala...

11/18/17 5:21 am

You got Mandela effected by the word Mandala. 😆

bluerum29 optimistic idealist
11/18/17 7:14 am

The comment, grab em by the pussy, I never viewed that as something that actually happened. It was just an exaggeration in a circle of guys.

11/18/17 7:24 am

Yup. That is why I posted the poll after this one. When guys are in front of other guys, they tend to brag about things they may not have done. It's a fairly common practice.

rons screw politicians
11/18/17 12:46 pm

The only president that was proven to be a sexual predator was Bill Clinton. And accused of rape that was ignore by the left. Trumps accuser on the plane was debunked and that was a major, most other claims were minor. Where the heck is Gloria on Trump anyway?

rons screw politicians
11/18/17 12:47 pm

I’m with Voc, they are all scum.

lcamino Florida and Georgia
11/18/17 6:52 pm

In the uncropped picture, it looks like his hands are on her, where her breasts are.